'Pro-versions' Elk Master Tips and Triangle Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by antbow View Post
    For more information for those interested I play with a maple Mastercue 18oz with an 8mm tip, breaking with a Tyrone break cue, technically my equipment is the best it's been
    what are the specs of the break cue?
    what tip on the break cue?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Tyrone break cue is 3/4 with steel joint and ferrule, 58 inch, weight is 15.5 oz supplied with hard tip at 10mm not sure of tip make, purchased from coutt's cues on Ebay

Comment

• Really? I'm amazed at that but like I said personal preference

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          I put the soft version on a cue to try the other day and hated it so much I promptly put the cue up for sale!

Why didn't you just change the tip? And, to ask a stupid question, are your cues actually any good?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
            Why didn't you just change the tip? And, to ask a stupid question, are your cues actually any good?
            Because I have another 100 cues it would be a shame to bin an £8 tip! - yes very.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Back in the day elks were good. Why are they bad now! Cattle haven't changed, the hides are the same. If the process is the same, why has quality dropped? Funny isn't it, quality drops then along comes this magic pro elk made of the same material but 14 times more extensive. Only a cynic would believe Tweetens deliberately scuppered their own inexpensive product so that they could make less tips, at less cost with less equipment and less people to make loads more profit.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                Lovely chevrons on that cue Andrew.
                yes very very good ash on these.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Well , thats it !!!! Need to look for another tip

Went to Parris 2 Saturdays ago and had a new Elk Pro put on , played with it the following Wednesday . No issues , tip was excellent .

Played last night and the tip appears to have hardened .

Now i know i'm not a good player , but i think i've been playing long enough to know that when i hit a ball it normally goes near the pocket !

Last night the balls were going different ways .....it was like hitting a ball with a lump of concrete on the end of the cue .

It was out of the same packet as the last one i put on .

So half way through the match i phoned the main cue dealer who is flying down from Scotland to put a new tip on for me on Saturday .[ Well he is on his way down anyway to go to the Cuesports day ! ]

Thing is what tip do i put on now ? I've still got one Elk Pro left ,or do i put on a normal Elk ......or ADR said to try one of the TSF tips ......Confused
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Well , thats it !!!! Need to look for another tip

Went to Parris 2 Saturdays ago and had a new Elk Pro put on , played with it the following Wednesday . No issues , tip was excellent .

Now i know i'm not a good player , but i think i've been playing long enough to know that when i hit a ball it normally goes near the pocket !

Last night the balls were going different ways .....it was like hitting a ball with a lump of concrete on the end of the cue .

So half way through the match i phoned the main cue dealer who is flying down from Scotland to put a new tip on for me on Saturday .[ Well he is on his way down anyway to go to the Cuesports day ! ]

Thing is what tip do i put on now ? I've still got one Elk Pro left ,or do i put on a normal Elk ......or ADR said to try one of the TSF tips ......Confused
                    Strange to go from ok to unplayable after one session. I like to try different tips but usually end up back with an adr medium. At the moment trying the Jason Owen soft laminate tip and it seems reasonable. If you can flash your mod badge for a freebie TSF tip though I'd go that route, say it's for review purposes lol

Comment

Well , thats it !!!! Need to look for another tip

Bloody hell Neil(sounding like The Young Ones lol). Just only yesterday got Stu Green to put on a pro elk hard on my Maximus Ultimate as you was recommending them and should be here today.....Sod's law that
                      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• That won't be an issue .......i've got friends in high places

Just ordered the Elk Pro but in soft ........no idea if i am going to use them though .

Will let my cue doctor decide !

Comment

That won't be an issue .......i've got friends in high places

Just ordered the Elk Pro but in soft ........no idea if i am going to use them though .

Will let my cue doctor decide !
                          An elk is rated as a soft tip mate. It's official. So any non-hard/medium tip in a box is soft by definition no? Why did you give up on elks again?

Comment

• Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
                            Bloody hell Neil(sounding like The Young Ones lol). Just only yesterday got Stu Green to put on a pro elk hard on my Maximus Ultimate as you was recommending them and should be here today.....Sod's law that
                            Hi Dan , just think i got a bad tip . The other one was perfect .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                              An elk is rated as a soft tip mate. It's official. So any non-hard/medium tip in a box is soft by definition no? Why did you give up on elks again?
                              On the Pro they state you can get soft , medium or hard .

I went and used the MW Super tips for a while , they were good . Then he didn't get them for a bit and i went and used the elk pro .

Comment

• 'Pro-versions' Elk Master Tips and Triangle Chalk

i have put on elk pro medium tip today. it gives me what i expect, ie reasonable long pot success, cue ball control. however some friends mentioned the performance could not last very long.

Comment

Working...
                                X