Error messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I think we’re stuck in 1999 ,your right though ,I don’t think there will be any new members ,why would they Come here as the site Just doesn’t work .Not sure why it would take months and months to fix .
    Agree with this. The site was better immediately after the upgrade (although I did have a good old moan at the time). I don't think we've been hacked for a few months now, so not sure why this hasn't all been ironed out. TSF facebook page has been a lot more active though, so maybe the forum is being phased out.

Comment

I've no interest in Facebook , I wish they would fix this.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

TSF Forum is not being phased out
        I also have no interest in anything Facebook :biggrin:

I have passed on a list of issues again to the tech-contact I have and he says he will focus on these.

Let me say that other things concerning the future of the site have been going on by the owner but it is not my place to say details

keep the faith, stay the course, and we will come out of this drought stronger and together
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I spoke to an old member and he said when he tries to log on here his virus checker on his computer says this site isn't safe, so he never comes on.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            I spoke to an old member and he said when he tries to log on here his virus checker on his computer says this site isn't safe, so he never comes on.
            I hope he has dumped any saved links an favourites and tries a new clean link, as we know the old links can be point to the naughty sites.
            If the old member still has issues please come back and I will try to help

what they should do is clean the browsers they have of any old TSF links
            clear all cache and history
            then try the following url by copy paste to browsers address bar
            https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/board/

I hope you can pass this on INE

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I have passed on a list of issues again to the tech-contact I have and he says he will focus on these.

Let me say that other things concerning the future of the site have been going on by the owner but it is not my place to say details

keep the faith, stay the course, and we will come out of this drought stronger and together
              I know none of this is your fault Dean but I don't understand all the cloak and dagger secrecy nonsense. Why doesn't one of these mysterious owners come on here, make themselves known and give us an idea of what's going on? It's a snooker forum not bloody MI5. A little communication and good will would I'm sure be very much appreciated by the loyal members who still remain, despite the place being something of a trainwreck.

Come on guys, introduce yourselves, join the party! What are you afraid of? We don't bite you know, well, maybe the odd nibble.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                I think we're stuck in 1999....
                Ah yes, space 1999, Moonbase Alpha, commander koenig and that alien bird that could transform into tigers and stuff. I used to love that. Bit optimistic though, here we are in 2021 and we can't even send a text message from one person to another on this remote outpost.

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

keep the faith, stay the course, and we will come out of this drought stronger and together [/keep the faith, stay the course, and we will come out of this drought stronger and together
                  Sounds like a speech from Boris Johnson at a Covid conference Dean ,maybe the site is trying to social distance itself from the members

Comment

I hope he has dumped any saved links an favourites and tries a new clean link, as we know the old links can be point to the naughty sites.
                    If the old member still has issues please come back and I will try to help
                    Thanks for your help Dean, I wil pass that on.

Comment

It seems like I can?t make new threads any longer. I can only write in already created discussions. Is there anyway to deal with that?
                      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                        It seems like I can?t make new threads any longer. I can only write in already created discussions. Is there anyway to deal with that?
                        Your settings look good to go.
                        any particular sub-forum you wish to create a new thread (now called topic) that you are having issue?
                        what do you see/don't see? Any error message?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Yes, you are right. It shows up there. Unfortunately it doesn't show in today's posts or the new topics section which limits replies
                          It works now.

Comment

test post, please ignore

Comment

test post, please ignore

Comment

test post, please ignore
                                test post, please ignore
                                Who said that.
                                Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Working...
                                X