No announcement yet.

Good news about the future of the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha yes SSD, that's what you get for working all night!

But yes to mysql and php but we don't use apache we use litespeed webserver, it's faster as has some nice caching functionality that I'm going to try and link the forum into.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rapidweb View Post
      Hi All

The site as now moved to one of our servers if your reading this!

We have also completed an update to the forum too so if you do find anything that's not quite working as it should please let me know.

Thanks

Ash
      you might wanna consider making sure the forum getting sum larger fonts .
      I don't post here. I just read the contributions of others from time to time in orde to gain abit more wisdom.
      you rrealy need a telescope to read these letters , brother !!!!
      Other problem is IP address from united states. you can'nt log in with that. I live in U.S
      (moved here couple of years ago) and I tried to login.
      I had to use a VPN conection. otherwise if you use a U.S IP ,you get sum picture from a lady sitting
      on her horse flying in heaven. Not for me , but i can imagine
      other players from united states would love to join the forum. unless this forum is only
      meant for the players from UK,
      which in that case i would'nt bother.

Cheers ,,,,

Comment

Strange that you can't login from USA, i don't think there is any region restricted, i can login fine from Belgium.
        And if the font is too small it probably has to do with your monitor's resolution, try using your browsers zoom function (like hold ctrl en spin the mouse wheel)
        Last edited by Delphi; 20 April 2021, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
          Strange that you can't login from USA, i don't think there is any region restricted, i can login fine from Belgium.
          And if the font is too small it probably has to do with your monitor's resolution, try using your browsers zoom function (like hold ctrl en spin the mouse wheel)

Nice one Delphi, that worked on mine, nice and clear now Cheers.
          Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Works on most pages that, you know, when you get a bit older your eyesight is a bit less, there are other options of course...you can set windows to display size 125 or 150 too but for me it's enough to zoom webpages.

Comment

Have passed on about the USA access to the tech team
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Evening all ,

Just a quick update and to give you an insight into what the new Tech guy is up to behind the scenes .

Dean and myself asked him about the issue with a lag when posting and the word ‘ Working ‘ appearing at the top of the page :

Yes I’d seen this, it is the same on the old hosting too, I think it’s because we need to reindex all the search / posts but it’s throwing an error when I try to do this at the moment. It’s on the list don’t worry we will get this sorted as soon as we can.

I had been prioritising cleaning the site up, it had 183 malicious files! I’ve had to go through these one at a time and make sure they were not needed before removing. So now that boring task has been finished I’ll be on to the other maintenance things as I can.

As you you can see , his time has been taken up by clearing malicious files .........and very time consuming having to go through each one individually!

So , as you can see everything is getting sorted and at a far better pace than the previous guys .

Thanks

Neil and Dean
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks for the update guys .
                  It really does feel like the forum has taken a turn for the better .

Comment

I couldn't access the site for around 12 months, whenever I tried logging in I would be taking to a scam website but saw a post on instagram recently and thought i'd try again, I'm back
                    Hope the forum gets back to where it was a few years back
                    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Welcome back Tom
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Nice to see this moving forward as it was once a thriving place to visit.

Hopefully the new tech guys can resolve most of the issues and the forum will start to grow again.

I'm sure between us we have many Facebook pages and websites that can promote it again in a sort of mini relaunch when there is confidence that it is 100% again.
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Lots of familiar faces returning already. From what I've read, the site redirecting to those spam competition sites had people giving up. Now that's sorted, should start getting back to normal. Thanks to the admins and techs, site is already feeling much more lively

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                            Lots of familiar faces returning already. From what I've read, the site redirecting to those spam competition sites had people giving up. Now that's sorted, should start getting back to normal. Thanks to the admins and techs, site is already feeling much more lively
                            That's pretty much the reason I stopped as I kept getting attacks and some of the diverts were a little eye opening!

Hopefully it's onwards and upwards now.
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

That's pretty much the reason I stopped as I kept getting attacks and some of the diverts were a little eye opening!

Hopefully it's onwards and upwards now.
                              I had good fun explaining why i'd accessed a dodgy website whilst on the work's network
                              Agree with the other comments, it'll be great to get everybody chatting again, we should also mention the forum to other like minded snooker folk
                              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

A good idea would be to send out an email to members as a reminder the forum still exists and is now under new management etc.

Can’t do any harm especially while the Worlds are on and hopefully might be more interest .

Comment

Working...
                                X