Good news about the future of the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
    A good idea would be to send out an email to members as a reminder the forum still exists and is now under new management etc.

Can’t do any harm especially while the Worlds are on and hopefully might be more interest .
    I have mentioned this idea to the previous team and the new team, for example we could do it as part of a GDPR All-In; there are some practicalities and some systems out there that deal with precisely this
    As you probably saw earlier, there are some fundamental issues to the forum build and functions that need dealing with as an urgent issue and then we can move on and - the sky's the limit (I hope)
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

We should also mention the forum to other like minded snooker folk
      I did this about a year ago and they had the same issues and other members with diverts etc.

I think its a good idea to wait and then when everyone's confident the forum is fixed then a big push would be good or you will lose all those potential people if things haven't sustained.

Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I have mentioned this idea to the previous team and the new team, for example we could do it as part of a GDPR All-In; there are some practicalities and some systems out there that deal with precisely this
        As you probably saw earlier, there are some fundamental issues to the forum build and functions that need dealing with as an urgent issue and then we can move on and - the sky's the limit (I hope)
        Good idea and makes sense to wait and make sure everything is hunky dory before contacting people .

I can see why your admin now

Comment

I am able to login from the USA. Infact this post is while I'm connected to a US network.

Comment

Just seen a comment on WSC topic and thought I would mention something here

Live Scores - owner, Neil and I are hoping that the new techie will get the "Live Scores" that used to work on TSF really well to be up and running again.
            Of course there are more fixes to be completed first but - cross-fingers!

Comment

Live Scores - owner, Neil and I are hoping that the new techie will get the "Live Scores" that used to work on TSF really well to be up and running again.
              That's great Dean, will it have the breaks scores and ASTs as well?

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I am not 100% what it will and wont have as I cannot remember what it looked like but IIRC it takes the table scoreboard feeds that WST does so that information should be available.

cross-fingers!

Comment

I am not 100% what it will and wont have as I cannot remember what it looked like but IIRC it takes the table scoreboard feeds that WST does so that information should be available.

cross-fingers!
                  Brilliant. Ta.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Is it this one Dean?, I use it all the time, excellent site,

https://livescores.worldsnookerdata....mpionship-2021

Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post

Is it this one Dean?, I use it all the time, excellent site,

https://livescores.worldsnookerdata....mpionship-2021
                      no, that is WST site
                      I mean the Live Scores on TSF here, do you see a tab next to Forums and Shop?
                      if you don't, maybe that is because it has not worked for some time and non-admin don't see it but we hope to resurrect it
                      it used to work and look great

Comment

Dean / Neil, I've just noticed under your username there are 10 bars, some users have a 'full set' others just a few, what are they for.

Comment

Dean / Neil, I've just noticed under your username there are 10 bars, some users have a 'full set' others just a few, what are they for.
                          Used to be for reputation I think (i.e. Lots of liked posts). Not sure if it still works

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

Used to be for reputation I think (i.e. Lots of liked posts). Not sure if it still works
                            and I seem to have lost a few

and I can not see the settings for them in profile
                            I will pass on a note to techie.

who by the way, is still fixing lots of issues with the "dataset" which need to be dealt with before he can then reindex the whole forum and then we can start fixing/adding features we all want to see

Comment

[QUOTE=DeanH;n1009784]

and I seem to have lost a few

You must have done something bad then Dean I only notice because a new member with 2 posts had a few bars lit up sorry to bring it up didn't intend to load more onto the Tech guys, sounds like they have enough to do.FWIW reputation can cause friction, I've seen some pretty pathetic arguments on other forums.

Comment

Only a very small issue, but post count seems to have stopped working again.

Edit: This one registered as a post, so it seems to be temperamental rather than not working!

Comment

Working...
                                X