The first song you heard today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by April madness
    I always thought it's a sad song for Christmas, Ellena But nice.

Yet to heard a Christmas song (or about Christmas) today, though radio is turned on all the time!
    Yes..the lyrics are kinda sad , tho the melody is pretty joyful. The thing is this song is always on radio on Xmas time, for some reson they play it all the time ,and Mariah Carey's All i want for Christmas is You, as well.
    "I just want to live for the moment.Tomorrow's not important, next month is not important,what's happened in the past is not important.That's my journey... and I like the journey i'm on!" R.O'Sullivan
    Winner of 2008 UK Championship Prediction Contest
    Winner of 2010 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ellena
      " Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
      But the very next day, You gave it away
      This year, to save me from tears
      I'll give it to someone special
      ..."

this was the first one i heard today...
      Originally Posted by April madness
      I always thought it's a sad song for Christmas, Ellena But nice.
      I aways thought it was an optimistic song. Kinda to the point for me also...
      I can still remember when it came out, gee time flies!! I heard it on the radio a few days ago too, nothing yet today tho...

Comment

• Crazy from Gnarls Barkley

and good morning everyone

George Michael did some concerts in Belgium last month. He was quite good I was told. I really like "Let's go outside" from him
        I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nina
          I aways thought it was an optimistic song. Kinda to the point for me also...
          I can still remember when it came out, gee time flies!! I heard it on the radio a few days ago too, nothing yet today tho...
          Don't know, maybe it's just me, I feel that sadness when I hear the song...
          ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Don't know, maybe it's just me, I feel that sadness when I hear the song...
            The "last year" part is indeed sad. But I always focus on "this year" see...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nina
              The "last year" part is indeed sad. But I always focus on "this year" see...
              It's not even the text, it's the sound that makes me think it's sad
              ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

It's not even the text, it's the sound that makes me think it's sad
                I also think it sounds sad mostly.
                It has a melancholic and nostalgic sound to it, both at the same time...for me it's happy and sad at once
                Just heard it on the radio and got all sentimental..

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wim
                  Crazy from Gnarls Barkley

and good morning everyone

George Michael did some concerts in Belgium last month. He was quite good I was told. I really like "Let's go outside" from him
                  Last Christmas is my favourite Christmas song - fantastic lyrics! I saw George Michael in Manchester in November - he was much better than 'quite good', in fact he was Amazing!!!
                  Winner of Crucible 77's 2009 World Championship Lucky Dip.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Valderie
                    Last Christmas is my favourite Christmas song - fantastic lyrics! I saw George Michael in Manchester in November - he was much better than 'quite good', in fact he was Amazing!!!
                    That was actually the first song I heard today – and I think, surprisingly, that it was the first time this season that I've heard it.

Comment

• Welcome to the Jungle by GNR

Comment

• Not the first song, but the New Radicals with "You Get What You Give" - I really like that song.
                        Actually on the Belgian radio they started the 'top 2006' and that song was on # 1463. 'She Loves You' from the Beatles was # 2003 if I remember correctly. Anyway it all started at Xmas day at 5 pm and will end at 31 dec at 8 pm with the #1. I hope that ,again, it will not be Bohemian Rapsody like the last decade or something like that. Some old fashioned 'Paint it Black' from the Stones would be OK for once.

Comment

• Gloria from Them; on #1143 of out top 2006

Comment

Not the first song, but the New Radicals with "You Get What You Give" - I really like that song.
                            Actually on the Belgian radio they started the 'top 2006' and that song was on # 1463. 'She Loves You' from the Beatles was # 2003 if I remember correctly. Anyway it all started at Xmas day at 5 pm and will end at 31 dec at 8 pm with the #1. I hope that ,again, it will not be Bohemian Rapsody like the last decade or something like that. Some old fashioned 'Paint it Black' from the Stones would be OK for once.
                            It probably WILL be Bohemian Rhapsody, though!

Comment

• Look at my signature.

Comment

Gloria from Them; on #1143 of out top 2006
                                I saw Them at The Parr Hall in Warrington in 1963 when they were totally unknown in the UK!!!
                                Winner of Crucible 77's 2009 World Championship Lucky Dip.

Comment

Working...
                                X