• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my radiostation did good today! On the way to work I heard:

Beyonce-Irreplacable
    Deep Blue-Breakfast at Tiffany
    and to top it all
    Sting-Shape of my heart

I could do a d_g now and make a puzzle out of it, along the lines 'having also heard the 8am news, weather + average amount of announcements between news and songs, how long did it take me to reach work and assuming driving at an avarage allowed speed of 90km/h (+10%), how far do I live from work?'
    But I won't

Comment

• Phew, kind of relieved you won't!
      Good stuff on the radio tho, I agree (I love Sting)!

I usually listen to Greek music when I'm at home in the mornings, the first song I heard today is called Του έρωτα και της φωτιάς (Of love and fire).

Comment

• sounds good, Nina! Love the Greek letters (quite useful in math and chemistry as well)
        I usually get Hebrew, English song in alternation (some Hebrew ones are not that bad either)

Comment

• Yes, of course you must be familiar with μ, ν, ω, π... Some people think say they're funny letters, I don't see why...

What I'm listening to now is called Είμαι καλός / είμαι κακός (I'm good / I'm bad). There, some more Greek letters for you! (The songs are good too!)

Comment

• rather late today but just now I m listening to :

Anybodyyyyyyyyyyyy seeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnn myyyyyyy babyyyy anybody seeeeeeeeennnnnn herrrrrrrrr arouuuuuuuuuuuuuuund - must be the Stones

Wonder why she is not online ?????
            I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

• Today is definitely an Apocalyptica day. Just listening to "Welcome home (Sanitarium)" now.

For those who may not know Apocalyptica; it's a Finnish cello metal band that started out with four cellos and a bunch of Metallica songs to be covered. Brilliant stuff, just brilliant. Their "In the hall of the Mountain King" is better than any other contemporary version I've ever heard.
              Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maija
                Today is definitely an Apocalyptica day. Just listening to "Welcome home (Sanitarium)" now.

For those who may not know Apocalyptica; it's a Finnish cello metal band that started out with four cellos and a bunch of Metallica songs to be covered. Brilliant stuff, just brilliant. Their "In the hall of the Mountain King" is better than any other contemporary version I've ever heard.
                ive got this CD Mai. must look it out and have a listen soon.

quality stuff.

Comment

Today is definitely an Apocalyptica day. Just listening to "Welcome home (Sanitarium)" now.

They're a good live band, too. Seen them as Rammstein support. 4 celli (is that correct ) can be quite loud!

Comment

• Originally Posted by berolina
                    They're a good live band, too. Seen them as Rammstein support. 4 celli (is that correct ) can be quite loud!
                    You too? Great! First time I saw Apo live was in London when they opened for R+, and then I saw them several times in Germany and once in Norway too. Absolutely one of the best live bands I've ever seen! Did you see them at Wuhlheide?

I looked it up: "Cellos" is the normal plural form of "cello", but "celli" is allowed as a side-form (some will argue as the correct form). (Sources: English, German)
                    Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

...Did you see them at Wuhlheide?...
                      Yes!
                      Fantastic concert...

Comment

• My was Beyonce Knowles with "Resentment". Great song. Which song really make my day is Sarah Connor "The best side of life"

Comment

• It was 'Talking in your sleep' , I think it is from the Romantics and quite old.
                          Anyway talking in your sleep can be very annoying ..afterwards
                          I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

• Pato Banton and UB40 - Come Back Baby

looks like UB40 day for me - just heard their Can't Help Falling in Love
                            ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• Heard it for the third time in one week today, Wicked Game - Chris Isaak.
                              I don't see why everyone remembered of it all of a sudden...

Btw, the UB40 that April mentioned was so refreshing, I like them a lot but for some strange reason I enjoy reggae more in the summer...

Comment

• Isn't too bad in winter either - walking down the street, -12°C, snow slowly falling down, and the singing: "Come back! Baby come back"
                                ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Working...
                                X