The first song you heard today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyclad - Come on Eileen

I guess most people know the original song, by Dexy's Midnight Runners; The cover version isn't all that different from the original, but I still love it to pieces. There's more violin in it, for one, and Martin Walkyier is one of my fave vocalists ever, plus of course the additional vocals by Eric Fish and Bodenski from Subway to Sally
    Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nina
      peggy, where did you get the Greek music?! And do you understand the lyrics? Do you know any Greek? You have to explain this!! I'm sooo curious!!!
      My neighbour is from Thessaloniki and got me intrested in a lot of Greek songs (lots of ancient ones too). I listen to them often- some of my favorites artists are Vasilis Karras,Eirini Merkouri and Kosta Karafatis. I think Greek music seems to have been automatically wedded to language either by recitation or by song, but most popularly involved are the two instruments,the aulos and the kithara which i like listening to very much.- My neighbour is a very good cook also, and her Homemade Baklavas are very deliciosa. she makes loads of them, probably enough to feed a whole platoon

Comment

• It was Body Rockers-I love the way you move
        2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
        2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• Bill Haley - Rock Around The Clock very good for getting the right energy to start the day going
          ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• Not heard one yet, must choose one of my favourite song from I tunes, brb

How about - The o'jays, i love music

Q
            Looking for a uk, brand new car or van?, look no further, drop me an email or pager now, I will beat any dealer on the road price ! Q

Comment

• Im currently listening to the fratellis album- costello music

Comment

• Just heard Vanessa Paradis with 'Be My Baby', a really nice song. I just 'googled' her and read she was/is together with actor Johnny Depp!
                I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

• Originally Posted by peggy
                  My neighbour is from Thessaloniki and got me intrested in a lot of Greek songs (lots of ancient ones too). I listen to them often- some of my favorites artists are Vasilis Karras,Eirini Merkouri and Kosta Karafatis. I think Greek music seems to have been automatically wedded to language either by recitation or by song, but most popularly involved are the two instruments,the aulos and the kithara which i like listening to very much.- My neighbour is a very good cook also, and her Homemade Baklavas are very deliciosa. she makes loads of them, probably enough to feed a whole platoon
                  I'm afraid the kind of music your neighbour listens to does not appeal to me at all... What surprised you about the guitar in our music I wonder? I mean, the bouzouki would make better sense to me...
                  But in the sweets department, I'm right there with you guys!! My baklavas is not as good as my mother's I have to admit, but my galaktoboureko would put me in the competition...

Oops, I almost forgot, first song today was from Bon Jovi, reminded me of High School parties!!

Comment

• First day back to work, quite good music on the way:

Twisting my sobriety (the original, me thinks, but by whom???)
                    and
                    Hurt by Christina Aguilera

Comment

• original by Tanita Tikaram.

mine: Pixies 'Dig for fire'

Comment

• ...if you'll be my bodyguard i can be your long lost pal i can call you Betty and Betty when you call me you can call me Al... *fades away*

ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• "Emotions" by the Bee Gees, what a classic, its definately a winding down tune, with a glass of wine, erm ok a bottle

Q
                          Looking for a uk, brand new car or van?, look no further, drop me an email or pager now, I will beat any dealer on the road price ! Q

Comment

• something from Apocalyptica

Comment

• Snap-I've got the power
                              2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                              2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• Clocks - Coldplay, but with a touch from Buena Vista Social Club, it sounded real good!

Comment

Working...
                                X