Brexit, in or out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    Spoilt brat? Lol. You like the eu, we get it. You want them to win, we get it. You don't like your own country, we get it. You want the uk to lose, we get it.

The great thing about the British is our tolerance - even of complete berks.
    You're a nationalist, we get it. You're a flag waver, we get it. You are xenophobic, we get it. You want fellow Brits to lose, we get it.

But the worst thing about being British is we allow people like you to ruin things for everyone else who has a bit of understanding of the world around them.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
      We had a discussion in our office about the forthcoming review and bonus session.

The two options put forward over a coffee for discussion were as follows:

Option 1: everyone gets a £500 bonus, except you, you get £750

Option 2: Dave gets £2,000, Alan gets £1,800, Phil gets £2,300 but you get £1,750

Question, would you prefer option 1 or option 2 to happen.

Two people in a group of four chose option 1 as to them it was obvious it would prove they were top dog. It's a real mindset that really is out there. These people are allowed to vote.

Just adds to the evidence that people are often motivated more by status than by material or financial reward.

The exploitation of that reality, as in things like the Stakhanovite movement, disgusts and enrages me.

The EU has materially made the UK richer, yet arguments playing on basic psyche that they're (fellow EU citizens) on an equal status as Brits has created a vote and social movement where British people would rather lose out themselves than allow other populations to benefit. But the thing is whilst they lose out in 1/28 nations, we lose out in 27/28 nations. Brexiteer mouth frothers for ya....
      Indeed, Farage saying they need us more than we need them:

They take 60% of our exports
      We take 15% of theirs

60>15 is it not brexiters?

Who has most to lose, the EU or us? Us obviously and that means we deal from a weak hand and will have to give them everything they want or no single market for us and goodbye to the City who then move to Europe and we lose 80bn a year in lost revenue.

Of course, 80bn is a lot more than the fake savings promised by UKIP.

Comment

So that doesn't occur now, those made in Taiwan stickers you see on most of your household goods Mr Big Shot must be a country in the EU
        Taiwan? Are you sure?

Anyway, we can trade on whatever terms we like with whoever we like post Brexit. Who knows, perhaps you can enthrall us all with tales of multi million pound properties in Chinese Taipei rather than Sofia?

Broaden your horizons, laddie!

Comment

Taiwan? Are you sure?

Anyway, we can trade on whatever terms we like with whoever we like post Brexit. Who knows, perhaps you can enthrall us all with tales of multi million pound properties in Chinese Taipei rather than Sofia?

Broaden your horizons, laddie!
          Broaden our horizons, it's not though is it? Trading on a free trade deal with somewhere is not the same as single market, for one thing we'd not get freedom of movement. I actually have come to the conclusion you know zero about the debate. There's no broadening about it, not at all, not in the slightest sense :hopelessness:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
            Indeed, Farage saying they need us more than we need them:

They take 60% of our exports
            We take 15% of theirs

60>15 is it not brexiters?

Who has most to lose, the EU or us? Us obviously and that means we deal from a weak hand and will have to give them everything they want or no single market for us and goodbye to the City who then move to Europe and we lose 80bn a year in lost revenue.

Of course, 80bn is a lot more than the fake savings promised by UKIP.
            Lol. Risible. Our BoP deficit with the eu is 125 billion quid a year. We subsidise their failing economies to the tune of a further 10billion net a year in direct aid for their redistributive vanity projects.

The notion we need them more than they need us is laughable. The only real handicap we have is a plethora of traitors and bedwetters.

As for the city leaving, I'll believe it when it happens. Simply impossible.

Comment

Lol. Risible. Our BoP deficit with the eu is 125 billion quid a year. We subsidise their failing economies to the tune of a further 10billion net a year in direct aid for their redistributive vanity projects.

The notion we need them more than they need us is laughable. The only real handicap we have is a plethora of traitors and bedwetters.

You're blind to the truth fella. The UK gains from membership after costs are taken away, buy something like £3,000 a year per household, I'm sure you'll have seen those figures before. You're the sort of person that after winning the lotto would think they are down the £2 they've forked out on a ticket.

Comment

Broaden our horizons, it's not though is it? Trading on a free trade deal with somewhere is not the same as single market, for one thing we'd not get freedom of movement. I actually have come to the conclusion you know zero about the debate. There's no broadening about it, not at all, not in the slightest sense :hopelessness:
                Aside from my Economics of European Integration degree and 20+ years of working as a civil servant in european funding? What are your credentials again?

Comment

You're blind to the truth fella. The UK gains from membership after costs are taken away, buy something like £3,000 a year per household, I'm sure you'll have seen those figures before. You're the sort of person that after winning the lotto would think they are down the £2 they've forked out on a ticket.

How do you work out the 3k figure? What is your economic methodology?

Comment

Aside from my Economics of European Integration degree and 20+ years of working as a civil servant in european funding? What are your credentials again?
                    How's it broadening our personal liberties then bright spark? It's not one bit, not a single thing. I wonder how your job would have succeeded without European funding

Comment

How do you work out the 3k figure? What is your economic methodology?

I studied economics at uni, you'll know it's split between a humanity and a science. Basically, but you wouldn't need an explanation, it's not an exact discipline, there's a human element to analysis and understanding human behaviour is random. But according to the CBI and the LSE, all the studies made came to this kind of figure

Comment

• Current satisfaction with the EU ratings;

France 53% satisfied, 47% not satisfied
                        Italy 51% satisfied
                        UK 56% satisfied

Looks like the UK is having second thoughts.

Comment

Impossible? Relocation has already started muppet!

Comment

How's it broadening our personal liberties then bright spark? It's not one bit, not a single thing. I wonder how your job would have succeeded without European funding
                            Some us aren't motivated by personal interest. I'm surprised you've forgotten your rather bizarre bonuses rant of a few minutes ago so quickly, but you do seem delightfully pragmatic where consistency is concerned. Anyhow, the British government pays for civil servants to administer European structural funds (except esf), so your point is moot: they'd find me something else to waste tax dollars on PDQ instead.

But i digress: what are your credentials again? They got a bit lost in all the hysterical white noise. Fancying Some horsey tart who's on the eu gravy train doesn't quite cut it, I'm afraid.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                              Impossible? Relocation has already started muppet!

Source?

Comment

Some us aren't motivated by personal interest. I'm surprised you've forgotten your rather bizarre bonuses rant of a few minutes ago so quickly, but you do seem delightfully pragmatic where consistency is concerned. Anyhow, the British government pays for civil servants to administer European structural funds (except esf), so your point is moot: they'd find me something else to waste tax dollars on PDQ instead.

But i digress: what are your credentials again? They got a bit lost in all the hysterical white noise. Fancying Some horsey tart who's on the eu gravy train doesn't quite cut it, I'm afraid.
                                Sounds like you are on the back of some public sector gravy train yourself, or was at least. What are you concerned about if you aren't interested in social gain which of course is inclusive in the gain of loved ones, friends, colleagues, the environment.....If these aren't determining factors in your opinion, what is? The Daily Mail

Comment

Working...
                                X