Brexit, in or out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    I don't believe any of the sides are showing their real hands, and the down trodden are certainly not heading into some new nirvana if the Tory boy who let slip last week that he can't wait for us to leave so "we can do away with all these workers rights", is a fair representative of the leave side.
    Stay or leave, the folk at the bottom or just above will always be screwed, that's how capitalism works, it's essential for the beast. We don't need in or out, we need a revolution of epic proportions, I'm talking about changing the entire economic structure. Too much greed and shallowness abounds. The levellers had it right and so did The Levellers.

Just incredible, the left and right of the towries lie against each other for political gain and power. It's just a power struggle to them, not one of them has had a real job. Just a game to see who can get more pawns to put an X in a box. Whatever happens, Remain and Brexit leaders will be fine in the tens of millions. You on the other may not be, but hey, it's a day with a Y in it.

Comment

What food stuffs do we get from Europe that we can't get from anywhere else in the world. Hang on are you getting worried about your expensive wines
      Personally I have plenty of contacts in France mate, I also live in Scotland so we produce plenty of food, it is the poor sods who live down south I worry about.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Just one point. The Free Trade Agreement between Canada, USA and Mexico took Years to negotiate (Mexico was the stumbling block) and that was with just THREE countries attempting to negotiate.

If the UK leaves the EU she will have to negotiate Free Trade agreements with around 20 countries and who says how long that could take.

The other point you're missing is it will be the UK imposing tariffs to protect UK industry (like car manufacturing for example) and once they do that other countries will erect trade barriers against the UK. The best and most efficient trading environment is absolutely no tariffs but of course that will never happen wherever there is really cheap labour resulting is cheaper products. You can see this right now with Chinese, South Korean and som other countries. Here in Canada and USA it used to be 'Japanese knock-offs' as I'm sure it was in Britain. Eventually it will all balance out unless various countries decide to impose trade tariffs to protect their home-grown industries.

For the UK it was never a problem before WWI as you had all those colonies supplying cheap goods which were then marked up by British firms for resale in the relatively rich environment in Britain at the time. Why to you think you had the Boston Tea Party and the American revolution?

Remaining part of the largest trading block on earth just makes sense to me, as then the EU can negotiate effectively and with a lot of force with USA, Canada, China and Russia and any other large economy which comes along.
        Without sounding rude please don't get involved in something that doesn't effect you. You're Canadian not British so keep your opinions to yourself.

Comment

• Also who ever mentioned workers rights should maybe ask the workforce in Greece and how being part of the EU delivers workers rights and equality

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            Personally I have plenty of contacts in France mate, I also live in Scotland so we produce plenty of food, it is the poor sods who live down south I worry about.
            Awww, how nice! And i thought the scotch hated us!

The equation is clear for you guys - brexit = sturgeon and the loss of suckling on the south's teat. Good luck with that.

Comment

I don't believe any of the sides are showing their real hands, and the down trodden are certainly not heading into some new nirvana if the Tory boy who let slip last week that he can't wait for us to leave so "we can do away with all these workers rights", is a fair representative of the leave side.
              Frankly, I'll take my chances. At present i have zero control over what goes on in my own country. Zilch, nada, nil f'ing point. Slay one Dragon at a time, i say.

Comment

• I see is the news here that Canada is presently negotiating with the EU for a trade deal reducing tariffs. Here we have what we call 'preferred nation status' which does away with most tariffs. This is outside of the North American Free Trade Act which does away with all tariffs between USA/Canada/Mexico.

Right now I'm subject to around 25% taxes and duty on any cue purchases I make from the UK so I hope you stay, although the negotiations between Canada and the EU will probably take so long I'll be either retired or dead.
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                  Without sounding rude please don't get involved in something that doesn't effect you. You're Canadian not British so keep your opinions to yourself.
                  He has every right to an opinion. You are not on facebook now telling people to keep their opinions to themselves.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                    Awww, how nice! And i thought the scotch hated us!

The equation is clear for you guys - brexit = sturgeon and the loss of suckling on the south's teat. Good luck with that.
                    I abhor all forms of nationalism. The last refuge of the scoundrel.

Comment

He has every right to an opinion. You are not on facebook now telling people to keep their opinions to themselves.
                      Agreed, we moan folk don't post and share their opinions, then tell them to shut up when they do. I think if anyone who wasn't born here has a right to give their opinion it's Terry, he lived here for years and has probably a better understanding of things than most of those that do have a vote.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Agreed, we moan folk don't post and share their opinions, then tell them to shut up when they do. I think if anyone who wasn't born here has a right to give their opinion it's Terry, he lived here for years and has probably a better understanding of things than most of those that do have a vote.
                        I thought the idea was create quality debate, the bullying nature I hate, and it will not be allowed.

Comment

I thought the idea was create quality debate, the bullying nature I hate, and it will not be allowed.
                          That's the Internet for you, at least Hitler hasn't had a mention yet lol.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I'm about the most anti-racist person I know and I've lived around the world but I can see defects in the UK, particularly uncontrolled immigration. Leave have a point here but we know it's driven by near-BNP motives which are detestable. However, that still doesn't excuse the dreadful squeeze enjoyed by the working class, paying huge rent, just scraping by every month, or falling below the bread-line if they lose their job which of course has no security because zero hours can just hire someone from eastern Euro instead. Can we remain in the EU and fix these problems? We could really lift the minimum wage for a start and make landlords offer properties to UK passport holders first, or could we? That would end up in the EU court. Lifting the minimum wage would entice more to come over. Buggered both ways as I see it.

Stay would be more credible if Cameron got up and admitted that his so called renegotiation actually achieved squat and that we do have an overcrowding/employment issue and that we will have to make further inroads into these issues, including a full frontal on the EU. As a denial, I just can't believe a word that comes out of his lying mouth; TB v2.0 for sure.
                            Last edited by Cannonball; 30 May 2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

That's the Internet for you, at least Hitler hasn't had a mention yet lol.
                              Why would he be mentioned

Comment

• All online arguments end up with Hitler.

Comment

Working...
                                X