No announcement yet.

Brexit, in or out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History getting rewritten already, Gove on the telly saying Cameron chose to give the people the chance to vote on Europe because he was one of the most principled brave politicians ever. Yeah right the truth is he gambled with the countries future because he was scared of a Tory shift to UKIP and he wanted power more than sticking to his principals.
    On Corbyn, the trouble with people like him who are so left wing is, they want to be so inclusive they offend everyone.
    I find him childish, I watched him walking beside Cameron and Cameron tried some small talk with him and he literally looked the other way and pretended he wasn't there( he's actually admitted he did this, because he didn't want to speak to him) that's what kids do in the playground not what the want to be leader of the U.K. does. I am very fearful for labour, I don't know if they know what they are for anymore.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      There are several good arguments for and against the EU but nobody is actually making them! Instead we have nonsense about immigration and benefits, Simply put very few people in the general population understand what is actually involved.
      Oh dear

Comment

• Can Scotland block the vote to leave? Will Sturgeon have the nerve to do it? If she did would she be treated as a hero, as there seems to be quite a bit of buyers remorse going on in England,or would it inadvertently get her what she wants, as the English would want Scotland to leave the UK. Uncharted waters just doesn't describe where we are just now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Can Scotland block the vote to leave? Will Sturgeon have the nerve to do it? If she did would she be treated as a hero, as there seems to be quite a bit of buyers remorse going on in England,or would it inadvertently get her what she wants, as the English would want Scotland to leave the UK. Uncharted waters just doesn't describe where we are just now.
          It's one hell of a mess. Buyer's remorse for sure. Story on FB regarding Cornwall (who voted leave) appealing to UK government to re-instate their EU subsidies which have been quite large. Another on about a steel town in Wales which voted overwhelmingly to leave but had received hundreds of millions from EU as a depressed zone.

Cameron resigning and being likely replaced by Boris Johnson and both are Etonian classmates so will anything change? The Conservative party sucks, the Labour party is in trouble and it might be that UKIP will get in the next election and England & Wales will go hard right wing. Scotland will be gone, likely NI will join up with Ireland and be gone, City of London would like to go and I imagine a few other bits and pieces would like to leave too.

Just how ignorant were the majority of people in England/Wales who voted leave? I agree with ADR that not too many of them know what they voted for. They thought immigration and getting rid of the elites who hold power...FFS the elite have held power for 2,000 years in Britain and they're going to change things with one measly EU leave vote? I think 'great' Britain is going to go into the toilet because of stupid political mistakes by Cameron, very poor marketing by the 'remain' campaign and very ignorant leave voters who didn't have one clue.

The English have just lost their intellectual superiority over Americans who will have to elect The Trump to win back the title of 'the dumbest people in the world'.
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• You should be on the stage,your funny.

Comment

• Not a bad write up there Terry, I think Cameron and Johnson, both thought it wouldn't happen, I think Borris thought he would lose but leave the the fight still carrying his shield ,with goodwill in the bank for a leadership bid against Gideon when Cameron stepped down. Cameron, fought the wrong fight, saying there would be world war three if we left, getting all the establishment figures to try and scare or brow beat us, doesn't he know what the Brittish are like? We don't like outsiders telling us what to do, even if it is Obama,Well he does now and the country will have to take the consequences, good or bad. He was so smug and arrogant that we just wouldn't vote to leave( I don't think it helped that he is actually a leaver at heart, his former close advisor said if he wasn't prime minister he would have voted leave) that he came across as a smug lying know it all.
              Labour, Jesus where do we start, are they finished? There is a resignation every hour going on right now.
              In the end I think what it proved was how out of touch both parties are from their voters, an arrogant Cameron couldn't believe enough would stand against him and labour( as well as the Tory side but for vastly different reasons) failed to recognise that wanting control of immigration is not a racist thing, when you see your neighbourhood changed completely in just a few years, when you lose your skilled job because an immigrant will do it for minimum wage, when you go to work and everyone on your shift can't speak English ( my son was working at Heathrow this week at a factory ,there was one English person there all the rest were Polish, most couldn't speak English and when he asked for something they just pointed at another Polish person who could speak broken English who then sent him to the only British person on the shift) wouldn't you think it's gone far enough? That's not racism, thats despair.
              I'm not saying some voted to leave because of racists views, some on the right probably did but the percentage of those will be roughly the same at every vote. In the end the leave vote cut right across England and Wales,from all classes ,all incomes ,all education groups.
              For me this all started with the Blair government who actually encouraged mass rapid immigration into Britain because they knew new immigrants vote Labour, well they have got what they deserved, there has been nearly two decades of warnings ignored from the Labour heartlands that it was too much too quickly.
              The ignorance of the electorate hasn't surprised me, most folk aren't interested in anything outside their immediate life, I watched some folk with remorse getting interviewed and genuinely someone said their whole family wanted to change their vote, saying "we wouldn't have voted leave if we knew it was going to happen" if it was up to me I would take their names and disenfranchise them, they don't deserve to vote they are not responsible enough.

Comment

• Three million alleged individuals out of an electorate of about 40 million is a pittance, and in any case, Parliament will never act on the petition, merely debate it and throw it away.

I'm not mad about the result, but I see no other sensible option now than to leave. Sturgeon is behaving disgracefully.

Comment

• Cameron should never have took sides, he agrees to let the people vote then breaks his neck to influence them the prat.
                  I did find it funny seeing him squirm and the comedy show is continuing seeing some of the utter ****e I've read since
                  It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                    Three million alleged individuals out of an electorate of about 40 million is a pittance, and in any case, Parliament will never act on the petition, merely debate it and throw it away.

I'm not mad about the result, but I see no other sensible option now than to leave. Sturgeon is behaving disgracefully.
                    38,000 of those signatures came from the Vatican City , that has a population of 1,000 they are looking into that petition and have already removed 77,000 signatures, if what the papers say is to believed.

Comment

38,000 of those signatures came from the Vatican City , that has a population of 1,000 they are looking into that petition and have already removed 77,000 signatures, if what the papers say is to believed.
                      Yep, that's confirmed the the House of Commons, thhough the petition was started before the referendum by an English Democrat supporter, so it's possible the signatures were added before the referendum. Either way, it's the same system people used for "Clarkson for PM" etc. - the entire thing could be signed by 11-year-olds for all anyone knows.

Comment

• We didn't win , so let's have a petition and another vote . God give me strength . It is a democratic vote . You lost , get over it . You are supposed to be educated people

I didn't win the lottery last night , I am going to write to Camelot as I wasn't happy with the numbers that came out .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• I think it's time to bring back 'SPITTING IMAGE' and have a go at Cameron and Boris and the rest of that lot. Cameron was in trouble with his party and tried to use this as his ticket to get more support and it backfired on him.

I think Westminister would be very hard pressed to ignore the petition and now I see the EU leaders are saying the UK should submit Article 50 as soon as possible. Once they do that I'm sure the Scots will put a referendum in place and if that is for leaving the UK then they will apply to the EU for membership.

Some other thoughts...what about all those British ex-pats living in the EU? Cameron has already said all the EU immigrants living in Britain will not be deported. Some yahoos have already sent around laminated cards telling the 'Polish scum' to get out. How are the British going to feel when they have to revert back to the conditions before the EU was there with free movement as they'll have to get visas now to visit Europe. What will the Chunnel become? How will the English and Welsh like it if they have to get visas to visit Scotland?

Of course it could all become one big cluster-**** and Westminister might decide to ignore the referendum as it's only 'advisory' or a recommendation anyway. Then you'll have all the leave voters rioting in the streets. I'm absolutely amazed that the community of Abbw Vale in Wales voted to leave as they have received hundreds of millions from the EU as a depressed area. Cornwall did exactly the same thing.

And then there's the '350M per week' which was a total untruth and there was no mention of the numerous benefits accrued by the UK from the EU like Ebbw Vale and Cornwall. I haven't checked on the EU website to see how much EU money has come back to Britain over the last 10 years but I'll bet there's a bunch of it.

But then again, as Jim Evans (anti-immigration) states above, it's just all one funny tale after another. But the Pound has already dropped 10% against everything but the Euro as it also dropped too.
                          Last edited by Terry Davidson; 26 June 2016, 09:50 PM.
                          Terry Davidson

Comment

• Markets all round the world dropped Terry, give it a few months and see where we are, they are gamblers and there will be many of them making millions as the pound goes down then rallies, then back down, they won't want that cash cow to end too quickly. It's not up to the other members to say when we trigger article 50, they have no ( or very little say) in when we ( if we) decide to do it.
                            The 350 million, I have seen folk moan that they thought all of that would be spent on the NHS, were they not listening? Time and time again we were told this was the total we didn't have control of but we got around half back in rebates and investment projects etc. The remainder ,about 10 billion a year, we can spend as much or as little of that on the NHS , if you didn't hear that you weren't listening. I also heard some say they thought the money and the immigration would stop the next day after the vote as we had left, I would also revoke their right to vote as they are morons.
                            One thing about the 350million I don't understand is, is the money say Wales got, or the farming subsidies part of the rebate, so it's just our money given back to us ,but Europe decided who got it, or is that different money and we got roughly a 170 million rebate every week and farm subsidies and the money for Wales on top?

Comment

Markets all round the world dropped Terry, give it a few months and see where we are, they are gamblers and there will be many of them making millions as the pound goes down then rallies, then back down, they won't want that cash cow to end too quickly. It's not up to the other members to say when we trigger article 50, they have no ( or very little say) in when we ( if we) decide to do it.
                              The 350 million, I have seen folk moan that they thought all of that would be spent on the NHS, were they not listening? Time and time again we were told this was the total we didn't have control of but we got around half back in rebates and investment projects etc. The remainder ,about 10 billion a year, we can spend as much or as little of that on the NHS , if you didn't hear that you weren't listening. I also heard some say they thought the money and the immigration would stop the next day after the vote as we had left, I would also revoke their right to vote as they are morons.
                              One thing about the 350million I don't understand is, is the money say Wales got, or the farming subsidies part of the rebate, so it's just our money given back to us ,but Europe decided who got it, or is that different money and we got roughly a 170 million rebate every week and farm subsidies and the money for Wales on top?
                              From what I read the money for Cornwall and Ebbw Vale was in addition to the rebate as the UK doesn't pay 350 up front and then get a rebate, they take the rebate out before they pay.

I don't know where you got your info from but I saw numerous photos of old Boris in front of his big red bus which said the 350 million would go to the NHS. Even though you might have seen through the deception I'll bet a lot of leave voters didn't. The trouble was most of them voted without putting their brains into gear or even doing a little research on Google.

According to Google there was a lot of requests for EU info from the UK AFTER the polls closed. Now that's a really good time to start researching what you already voted for!
                              Terry Davidson

Comment

The 350 million, I have seen folk moan that they thought all of that would be spent on the NHS, were they not listening?
                                I imagine they were reading...

Boris-Johnson-574738.jpg
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by gavpowell; 26 June 2016, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X