X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by karlos fandango View Post
    Both cues are genuine....a mate of mine is selling them
    OK that's good, any reason he sold the same cues a few weeks ago an they are now re-listed? Unlucky and unusual for the sales to fall through on both cues.

Comment

Both cues are genuine....a mate of mine is selling them
      Sorry didn't want to put somebody off, was just asking the "cue police". I would call jp before buying though to verify the cues are genuine

Comment

• Originally Posted by rob s View Post
        It's not nice when someone says a cue is fake when it isn't ay Karlos. I remember you tried to make out my Parris cue was fake even though it had the right joint, red glue etc but you still told the forum that you thought it was fake with nothing to back it up apart from some marks on a 25 year old badge.
        Sometimes I hate the cue police on here, you should only say something on a public forum if you are sure it is fake and you have some evidence or things on the cue that show it is surely fake. Don't get me wrong sometimes the cue police as I call them have stopped members being ripped off which is commendable and it's even something I have been involved in myself when I stopped a member called Maxz bidding on a fake Parris cue.
        When you called my cue firewood which was extremely rude and completely inaccurate I was genuinely insulted. To be honest I'm glad I managed to not go mad and start raging, my mum (who was 52) passed away very recently in tragic circumstances and the last thing I needed was somebody posting inaccurate incomplete information on the forum. I have always been a reputable buyer and seller on this forum and ebay so it's not nice that your reputation can be tarnished so easily with something that isn't true anyway. I had 1 buyer pull out for a deal at £950 and it was just after you posted what you did on the forum, to be fair he gave a different reason but I'm pretty sure that is why he suddenly withdrew his offer.
        BTW I did an eBay auction with a 99p start and no reserve to let the market decide what it was worth and it sold for £960 so it just shows it definitely isn't firewood.
        I really don't want to argue but I felt I had to say something when I saw you post, perhaps this would have been better to send it through pm
        Sorry for your recent loss..my apologies mate

Comment

• Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
          OK that's good, any reason he sold the same cues a few weeks ago an they are now re-listed? Unlucky and unusual for the sales to fall through on both cues.
          Both buyers off ebay failed to pay for either of the cues...it's happening more and more to be honest...there should be some guarantee that a bidder will pay but that's the chance you take I guess. I sold an Ultimate for him a few years ago when he had no internet access, a guy bidded with seconds to go then suddenly decided he didn't want the cue,after I told him he would be getting reported to ebay he suddenly decided he would have it again...

Comment

• Spotted on eBay

Pretty sure I saw the guy pick these cues and cases up from JP a few weeks back when I placed my order.

Comment

Both buyers off ebay failed to pay for either of the cues...it's happening more and more to be honest...there should be some guarantee that a bidder will pay but that's the chance you take I guess. I sold an Ultimate for him a few years ago when he had no internet access, a guy bidded with seconds to go then suddenly decided he didn't want the cue,after I told him he would be getting reported to ebay he suddenly decided he would have it again...
              There is. Just do a buy it now which requires immediate payment.
              The main reason for sales not going through is sellers (or their mates), winning the auction by bidding it up themselves.
              If you did this at a real auction there are laws in place which mean you'd do time for it - the only way to make ebay legit is for the law to apply the same.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Old cue collector --
              Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
              (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                There is. Just do a buy it now which requires immediate payment.
                The main reason for sales not going through is sellers (or their mates), winning the auction by bidding it up themselves.
                If you did this at a real auction there are laws in place which mean you'd do time for it - the only way to make ebay legit is for the law to apply the same.
                Lets be honest,ebay is the hub of criminal activity and as long as the ebay business itself is making millions in profit,rules are very rarely applied, and the report button on there is just a gimmick to make buyers think they are reassured

Comment

• A GENUINE MCCOLGAN TRIANGLE FOR SALE BY SNOOKER REF EIRIAN WILLIAMS. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2314170487...84.m1555.l2649
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Can't understand why he doesn't keep it, it's been with him for a while

Comment

• Maybe now he is retiring just wants some cash

Comment

• wonder if there would be a certificate and when it was used - major finals etc, signed...
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I would keep it

Comment

• he's probably tired of looking at the thing, making sure it is packed for every event, questions at airports, dragging out to the table, out of the drawer and then back in (once they had them that is)

:biggrin:
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Noticed this listing for a Glover cue. Is the seller on here, or known to anyone on here ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331416263072

I noticed the listing was for an ash glover cue with a rosewood butt, but could only see a maple glover cue in the pictures,

so asked the question :-

Which cue is it ? the glover to the left in the pic looks maple, not ash.

to which the answer came back :-

Ididnt fancy taking 100 pics

Strange selling technique. .

Comment

• Spotted on eBay

That's hotpot I think

Comment

Working...
                                X