Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Parris told me many years ago about this cue. Steve Davis won a big ranking tournament with it and eventually gave it back to John, it’s been Johns personal playing cue ever since, not that he plays a lot.

Originally Posted by narl View Post
    I remember davis using that for a time in the late 90's, he got put out of a tournament and the commentators said he didn't look comfortable with the cue.
    'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

• Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
      Not necessarily, I am the highest bidder at the moment!!
      You are crazy Mike!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
        Not necessarily, I am the highest bidder at the moment!!
        Good luck fella:encouragement::encouragement:
        VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
        Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
        Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
        Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• £3500 currently.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
            £3500 currently.
            now £3600 and reserve not met
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              now £3600 and reserve not met
              Reserve was met around 3300.

Comment

• Hope they make a packet. Nice looking cue, raising money for a great cause.

Comment

• £3700 makes me laugh with this bidding malarkey and still over 9 days to go lol
                  VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                  Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                  Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                  Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
                    £3700 makes me laugh with this bidding malarkey and still over 9 days to go lol

It'll level off then not move again til the last few hours\minutes, thats generally how ebay works.

Comment

• Up to £4500 crazy money
                      Current playing cue Trevor White
                      3/4 ash cue

Comment

• At 5100 now, OMG. May I know what is the most a cue has gone for? I guess one JPU with Damien Hurst went for 15k

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                          At 5100 now, OMG. May I know what is the most a cue has gone for? I guess one JPU with Damien Hurst went for 15k
                          Luther Lassiter's Balabushka pool cue sold for about 50k. Don't know if you can compare the craftmanship, but Lassiter is probably equivalent of Steve Davis is terms of prestige. Even the most expensive snooker cues are a fraction of the price of many custom pool cues.

Comment

• Funny thing is he only used this for a pretty short time, i think he first got it around the 1998 grand prix, he got put out by dominic dale and the commentators stated he didn't look comfortable with the cue as he only had it 2 weeks. Probably used it for a few months tops.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                              Luther Lassiter's Balabushka pool cue sold for about 50k. Don't know if you can compare the craftmanship, but Lassiter is probably equivalent of Steve Davis is terms of prestige. Even the most expensive snooker cues are a fraction of the price of many custom pool cues.
                              Pool cues are usually overly elaborate with tons of inlays and veneers etc, 99% machine made by cnc but still command a ludicrous premium. Anything done by hand in pool cues is generally just sticking glue in and screwing the butt to the shaft.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                                Did not hear of that cue. Someone had very very deeeeeep pockets for that indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X