Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ez's - the genuine or fake cue thread !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no pics of the joint though
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by EZ_4_U_OK View Post
      Yes totally agree, there seems to be a mystery surrounding the cue range?

There are few companies you can buy plain ebony and ash 1 piece cues for £100 mate. I don't want to mention them in case I'm accused of giving people ideas.

In a totally ironic way, the fact that there are so many Parris fakes out there and that they are quite expensive has worked to John's advantage, because it's encouraged prospective buyers to play it safe and go directly to the source for their new cue. Also, in capturing most of the market I imagine he gets an ample amount of cues being returned for upgrading and refurbishing/repolishing even if they aren't original etc....lol

EZ
      Don't you just hate it when folk come out with statements like this then make excuses as to why they cant say. Isnt helping fellow forum members out with good help and advice what this forum is all about?
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
        Don't you just hate it when folk come out with statements like this then make excuses as to why they cant say. Isnt helping fellow forum members out with good help and advice what this forum is all about?
        Helping members out to do what?

Maverick, don't take my quotes out of context please, I wasn't making any excuses !

The subject I was obviously responding to was a method being deployed in cue copying/faking. That info is not new to some on the forum, but informing people about badge swapping with a cue of similar design bought from a cheaper supplier is one thing. Going on to inform them exactly where they could get the said cues from in the same post, would be another. Would it make you happier if I went on further and told people where to get their badges made also?

Think before you drink !

EZ
        " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
          Run, don't walk.
          scarper fast !!!!!!!!!!!!! lol:biggrin-new::cocksure:
          nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

• At £500 the JPU , 11 bids . All bids have the buyers identity as private .

Me thinks someone is shilling their own cue .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• He's listed a load of other replica cues

Comment

Helping members out to do what?

Maverick, don't take my quotes out of context please, I wasn't making any excuses !

The subject I was obviously responding to was a method being deployed in cue copying/faking. That info is not new to some on the forum, but informing people about badge swapping with a cue of similar design bought from a cheaper supplier is one thing. Going on to inform them exactly where they could get the said cues from in the same post, would be another. Would it make you happier if I went on further and told people where to get their badges made also?

Think before you drink !

EZ

Not on about copied cues or copied badges. You said you know where you can get ash and ebony cues for £100. Lots of members would like to purchase such a cue for legit reasons I am sure. Don't come out with statements like that if your not willing to back them up with hard evidence.
                "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                  Not on about copied cues or copied badges. You said you know where you can get ash and ebony cues for £100. Lots of members would like to purchase such a cue for legit reasons I am sure. Don't come out with statements like that if your not willing to back them up with hard evidence.
                  Hard evidence?...stop trying to be so controversial and lazy, do your own research !

There are both websites on the net and contacts on facebook, where you can get 1000's of ebony and ash cues for under £100.

EZ

Comment

Hard evidence?...stop trying to be so controversial and lazy, do your own research !

There are both websites on the net and contacts on facebook, where you can get 1000's of ebony and ash cues for under £100.

EZ
                    Controversial is my middle name The thread is all about fake cues and fake badges etc. There has been lots of information on here over the last few years about Cue makers buying Thai cues cheaply and putting their own badge on and selling at extortionate prices to the unsuspecting public.

All I am saying is that if you inform said public where they too can purchase a good ash and ebony cue from would it not help to eradicate a lot of the bad practices of which your thread is aimed at?

I could be wrong but is it a case that the ash and ebony cues your referring to can only be bought at that price (less than £100) when purchased in bulk and import duties postage costs etc. are taken into account? If so then there will always be that market for the business man to buy cheap and sell high.

In any business where that is possible the best advice is to trust no one.

Comment

• http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2520238234...bb810309c&cp=1

Does this cue look the real deal to anyone??
                      Just want to be as sure as I can before I may bid.
                      Thanks

Comment

• I'd say yes its genuine.

Comment

• Originally Posted by justf View Post
                          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2520238234...bb810309c&cp=1

Does this cue look the real deal to anyone??
                          Just want to be as sure as I can before I may bid.
                          Thanks
                          NO !

From the badge font and letter spacing it definitely appears to be dodgy to me. This is the fourth or fifth time I've noticed this style of badge in the last 12 months, and it's appeared on supposively old cues and more recent endeavors.
                          Also the tulip splicing looks fresh and disproportionate to the overall length of the butt, which is signs that the cue wasn't made particularly well or has had a recent extension and tulip blocks used were of poor quality and length.

Justf, I'm looking to acquire a couple of ultimates myself, but I definitely won't be bidding on that one !

EZ

Comment

• Looks ok to me and from a seller with 100% feedback over 400 plus items.

Comment

• It is ok, John changed his font style from early to late 900s.
                              Honestly some people just like to post as if they know what they are talking about when they don't half the time, fake my ass!
                              I had an ultimate with similar lettering I think it was 905 or 906 and again the forum went mad accusing it of being fake even though I had spoken to John to confirm its authenticity and enquire about the different font on the badge
                              Last edited by rob s; 12 July 2015, 04:20 PM.
                              77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

• Ez's - the genuine or fake cue thread !!!

it was 905
                                as said JP had a short run batch of badges with a different font for the centre text.
                                I have seen a few cues with this font around this range of numbers.
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X