Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ez's - the genuine or fake cue thread !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by EZ_4_U_OK View Post
    ...The first is that 95% of them on ebay, and about 50% on the forum are not right....
    I think you are a fair bit out there lol ... 95% !!!! maybe 20% at most surely ?
    And 50% on the forum ?? do you mean for sale ? i can't remember seeing many ???

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      I think you are a fair bit out there lol ... 95% !!!! maybe 20% at most surely ?
      And 50% on the forum ?? do you mean for sale ? i can't remember seeing many ???
      That's on average mate, some months it's more, some months it's less, and it depends mainly on the models for sale too !

For example, I'm predicting in years to come that the new JP Unique cue could be the most copied cue on the planet. I mean every cue maker sells a plain ebony and ash 1 piece, some for less than £100... and if the fakers were to swap the badge for a JP Unique copy, and then insert an JP sd joint at the bottom, they would then have a cue worth closer to £400+ for very little effort !

EZ
      " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

• I'm still interested in why they are badged up as "Unique" as at the moment it seems to make no sense !
        Who makes one piece cues for £100 then ?? maybe i should get some lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          I'm still interested in why they are badged up as "Unique" as at the moment it seems to make no sense !
          Who makes one piece cues for £100 then ?? maybe i should get some lol
          Yes totally agree, there seems to be a mystery surrounding the cue range?

There are few companies you can buy plain ebony and ash 1 piece cues for £100 mate. I don't want to mention them in case I'm accused of giving people ideas.

In a totally ironic way, the fact that there are so many Parris fakes out there and that they are quite expensive has worked to John's advantage, because it's encouraged prospective buyers to play it safe and go directly to the source for their new cue. Also, in capturing most of the market I imagine he gets an ample amount of cues being returned for upgrading and refurbishing/repolishing even if they aren't original etc....lol

EZ

Comment

• Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
            Have a look at my thread 'help with Parris ultimate numbering'

I think that the last of the red glue Ultimates was as late as 2007/8. I have Ultimate 1370 which is red glue and that dates back to 2007/8.

Oldgit
            Originally Posted by EZ_4_U_OK View Post
            Interesting!...as a JP Ultimate 1295 is on ebay at the moment, but doesn't appear to be a red glue??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...item463ceda82c

EZ
            I think there is no definitive "last red glue" JPU, as in all cues up to JPU#### have red glue, and JPU####+1 and beyond do not; there is a transition period when either JP used both red and non-red glue, also to consider is JPs numbering process - badge added when ready to ship, and those where a number was "assigned" before completion, ?

I have photo evidence of 1378 with red glue and then many others before it that are not red glue; that number would be around 2007/8 but no dates confirmed.

My current thinking is that JP stopped using red glue late 2006/early 2007 but had many cues part made for stock/orders that were then later badged with higher numbers.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              I think there is no definitive "last red glue" JPU, as in all cues up to JPU#### have red glue, and JPU####+1 and beyond do not; there is a transition period when either JP used both red and non-red glue, also to consider is JPs numbering process - badge added when ready to ship, and those where a number was "assigned" before completion, ?

I have photo evidence of 1378 with red glue and then many others before it that are not red glue; that number would be around 2007/8 but no dates confirmed.

My current thinking is that JP stopped using red glue late 2006/early 2007 but had many cues part made for stock/orders that were then later badged with higher numbers.
              Ok, so what we can deduct from this information is that there must be a "last sequencial" red glue Ultimate, where all the Ultimates that were made before it had red glue, but not necessarily the ones that followed!

So, by logical reasoning the slightly more accurate way of dating when the change over occurred, is to discover the numbers relating to the very first of the "non-red glue" Ultimates, after let's say 900?!

EZ
              Last edited by EZ_4_U_OK; 3 July 2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...p2056016.l4276

Terrible when you doubt every time you see a cue on Ebay .

Early JP Ultimate No: 581 , but i can't see any red glue around the splices .

Admittedly the pictures are not the best , what do we think chaps ?
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• I see what you mean. Should it definitely have red glue at that time ?

A 3/4 cue is more open to shaft / butt changes I suppose, but like you say, it's a bit depressing when

you doubt every time you see one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...p2056016.l4276

Terrible when you doubt every time you see a cue on Ebay .

Early JP Ultimate No: 581 , but i can't see any red glue around the splices .

Admittedly the pictures are not the best , what do we think chaps ?
                    Yes Neil, been discussing that one with Dean for the last 24 hours. He has requested additional info and scrutinized it a bit more fully. Hopefully, he will share his findings when ready.

Personally, I think the badge looks a little white/pale and a bit unevenly fitted. Shaftwood doesn't look particularly impressive, but clearly it's not a red glue !

I have a quite interesting anecdote about "red glue" I will share later in the thread.

EZ
                    Last edited by EZ_4_U_OK; 8 July 2015, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Had another look at this ........the ash in the last picture looks far too white .

The cue looks almost too new .

No pictures of the cue joint , only the mini butt joint .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post

Terrible when you doubt every time you see a cue on Ebay...
                        Maybe Trevor will be so kind as to tell us if he made any JP Superior red glue copies back in the day

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...336896&alt=web

EZ
                        Last edited by EZ_4_U_OK; 8 July 2015, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• JPU 581 - well I sent an email to the seller asking for a tad more detail and a photo or two of the shaft and the male joint. Sorry but no reply since yesterday morning.
                          as has been said before, too many questions on this one, so it is either a legit badge on a new cue, or a very good duff badge on a duff cue.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I asked for a few pictures of the shaft too, which I received, but was told if I'm after a shaft with Chevrons etc, then this cue is not for me. I'll post the pictures he sent me, let me know what you think.

Comment

• $_12.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Comment

• Run, don't walk.
                                The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                                X