Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ez's - the genuine or fake cue thread !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T
    Originally Posted by EZ_4_U_OK View Post
    Wow, fantastic info there gooner, thanks for sharing that!
    So we've found something out about another cue, mainly that it's not "new" as described, but at least confirmed genuine. Did Trevor say what the nice red butt wood is called?

EZ
    Yes it is cocobola. Gorgeous cue but it was too light for me. The specs are wrong as well as it is 58.25 not 57.

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
      T

Yes it is cocobola. Gorgeous cue but it was too light for me. The specs are wrong as well as it is 58.25 not 57.
      Maybe been shortened ?? plus maybe ebay offered it to 2nd highest bidder ??

Comment

Actually something wrong with his tape measure or calculator, because 147.5 cm = 58" (not 57")

Comment

T

I see, so you bought that particular cue from Trevor, but it was not actually custom made for you?
          So now I'm wondering if it's a cue that's been extended with extra cocobola splicing added by Trevor at some later stage?...or perhaps a previous customer simply never paid up for the work and Trevor sold it as a ready made cue.
          By the shape of the fingers and the length of the ebony splicing, they look a little short for the total length of the butt to me, which makes me think the original butt could have been much shorter?!

EZ
          " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

Thought the chalk mark below the ferrule looked odd on a new cue, at least give it a wipe before listing it!

Comment

I see, so you bought that particular cue from Trevor, but it was not actually custom made for you?
              So now I'm wondering if it's a cue that's been extended with extra cocobola splicing added by Trevor at some later stage?...or perhaps a previous customer simply never paid up for the work and Trevor sold it as a ready made cue.
              By the shape of the fingers and the length of the ebony splicing, they look a little short for the total length of the butt to me, which makes me think the original butt could have been much shorter?!

EZ
              No it is completely untouched. I emailed Trevor on the off chance he had any and he had this one that a customer changed his mind on. I gave it a go knowing it was lighter than I was used to.

It was made that way with a long 22" butt

Comment

EZ
                No it is completely untouched. I emailed Trevor on the off chance he had any and he had this one that a customer changed his mind on. I gave it a go knowing it was lighter than I was used to.

Here was when I tried selling it here

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...e-ash-cue-SOLD
                Last edited by guernseygooner; 26 April 2015, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Oh ok gooner, thanks for clearing that up for us !
                  So basically, the cue Kevin thinks is possibly a fake was a ready made cue offered by Trevor, and the guy that's now selling it in France is not describing it correctly as "new", and there's a strong chance he's made a typo mistake in the description quoting 57", as it's really closer to 58.25".

Btw, is it just the picture or is there a weird zigzag mark across the shaft arrows above the splicing?

EZ
                  Last edited by EZ_4_U_OK; 26 April 2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    there was a thread started some time ago that was purely to ask the authenticity of the cue being sold on ebay etc and it did work well
                    theres a Ton Praram maple cue on ebay atm saying its stephen lees old cue with a signed picture ? item number 281671426530 is this genuine as been on ebay for months and a friend of mine asked me to find out if theres any info on this forum regarding it many thanks and for your expert advise thanks guys
                    Last edited by albocaponey; 26 April 2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by albocaponey View Post
                      theres a Ton Praram maple cue on ebay atm saying its stephen lees old cue with a signed picture ? item number 281671426530 is this genuine as been on ebay for months and a friend of mine asked me to find out if theres any info on this forum regarding it many thanks and for your expert advise thanks guys
                      Ha Ha very funny Mr Albocaphoney !

As you may have noticed that particular cue is one that I'm selling, and yes I double and triple checked it's authenticity before purchasing it.
                      It's also advertised here on the forum, where I answer all questions about it, so if you have a genuine interest then please search for the thread and then you're free to contact me for a TSF member discount.

EZ

Comment

why is it funny ? its just a question about a cue and in which case it happens to be yours so thats a bit of luck already eh , but thanks for your reply and dint even see your name was same as seller on ebay , i may put a fiver on Ronnie tomorrow :snooker: i will look at your thread as you may get a sale if i relay the info as a guy in my club wants a Ton cue , but will depend on your price really but can only try

Comment

Interesting thread but where's the 'irony smiley' when you need it.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Old cue collector --
                          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                            Interesting thread but where's the 'irony smiley' when you need it.
                            If that's in relation to the original first post then yes. Understand exactly where your coming from
                            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

What do you think to the font on this cue ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...p2056016.l4276
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

yep saw this yesterday, personally I would not go for it, many features don't match.
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X