Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ez's - the genuine or fake cue thread !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trevor-Whi...vip=true&rt=nc

is this a genuine trevor white? the W of the white seems wrong.

Comment

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trevor-Whi...vip=true&rt=nc

is this a genuine trevor white? the W of the white seems wrong.
      could be camera issue maybe , but has been on and off ebay for a while now and tort it would have gone by now , cos if it had been 10mm i would have had it , it looks genuine to me and looks amazing too
      nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

wonder is there anything wrong with it that it could not sell. but if you notice the other trevor white had the W crossed like the pic attached. it looks good. i am considering of buying it and is now discussing with the seller for overseas postage and just making sure.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...orWhite001.jpg

Comment

wonder is there anything wrong with it that it could not sell. but if you notice the other trevor white had the W crossed like the pic attached. it looks good. i am considering of buying it and is now discussing with the seller for overseas postage and just making sure.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...orWhite001.jpg
          not sure tbh as not asked anything about it , but i have sent the pics to friends of mine of this and they are very experienced in the field and no one has said anything wrong about it , the pic you sent with the W crossed , im sure someone mentioned something like it not long ago , but just got my TW cue out and mine is 100% genuine and the W isnt crossed ?

Comment

i see. could be an old badge or something. was browsing a lot more other TW cues on the web. Saw some with the similar W but they are the older cues.

Comment

i see. could be an old badge or something. was browsing a lot more other TW cues on the web. Saw some with the similar W but they are the older cues.
              yeah me too just now lol, showing both Ws crossed and uncrossed , so like you say new and old, as mine is an older one with the same W
              Last edited by ADW147CUEMAN; 29 May 2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I think people are more dubious buying a cue with snakewood TBH a great wood to look at but it's got it's faults.

Comment

is it that it cracks if you are unlucky? i heard that it ma happen. what other faults is there?

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                    I think people are more dubious buying a cue with snakewood TBH a great wood to look at but it's got it's faults.
                    hI Leo whats your theory on snake ? as ive got both a JPU and a Jason Owens on order both with 4 secondary snake apart from splitts lol

Comment

Originally Posted by transit172 View Post
                      hI Leo whats your theory on snake ? as ive got both a JPU and a Jason Owens on order both with 4 secondary snake apart from splitts lol
                      Depends mate my mates special developed a slight crack around 12 months after owning it, some say he's unlucky some say snakewood tend to be weaker.

Comment

Depends mate my mates special developed a slight crack around 12 months after owning it, some say he's unlucky some say snakewood tend to be weaker.
                        yeah ive heard, if its planted on some thick maple or olive wood veneers it is stronger ? i dont no how true this is but thats the road ive gone down over macassar ebony main butt

Comment

It doesn't crack because its weaker. If it develops a crack its due to moisture loss. It is a very dense wood originating from a place of high humidity therefore it takes an age to dry. If you dry it too quickly it will also crack.

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                            It doesn't crack because its weaker. If it develops a crack its due to moisture loss. It is a very dense wood originating from a place of high humidity therefore it takes an age to dry. If you dry it too quickly it will also crack.
                            thanks RogiBear :snooker:

Comment

So it's weaker compared to other woods with moisture loss

Comment

So plenty off oil then may help in keeping it crack/splitt free ? , i may do some deeper research in preventing and feeding the snake lol

Comment

Working...
                                X