Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ez's - the genuine or fake cue thread !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    So it's weaker compared to other woods with moisture loss
    I'm not sure if weaker is the correct term here. All timbers will naturally carry moisture but the denser it is the slower it is to season. Any timber regardless of species will check if it dries too quickly, however snakewood is susceptible to cracking from condition changes.

Originally Posted by transit172 View Post
    So plenty off oil then may help in keeping it crack/splitt free ? , i may do some deeper research in preventing and feeding the snake lol
    It could potentially help however it would depend on what the finish that the cuemaker has applied constitutes of. As it may not allow it to penetrate. Personally I wouldn't advise saturating it in oil. If it has been treated correctly before major problems shouldn't occur. Hairline cracks are easily treated anyway. So far I haven't had any snakewood crack on me yet, but I think thats due to process I put it through.

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
      I'm not sure if weaker is the correct term here. All timbers will naturally carry moisture but the denser it is the slower it is to season. Any timber regardless of species will check if it dries too quickly, however snakewood is susceptible to cracking from condition changes.

It could potentially help however it would depend on what the finish that the cuemaker has applied constitutes of. As it may not allow it to penetrate. Personally I wouldn't advise saturating it in oil. If it has been treated correctly before major problems shouldn't occur. Hairline cracks are easily treated anyway. So far I haven't had any snakewood crack on me yet, but I think thats due to process I put it through.
      ok RogiBear quite rite , meaning plenty i meant regular really but yeah depending on the final finish, regarding the oil ect it probly would only drink what it needed and only time will tell and like you say can be sorted easy enough if it moves lol
      nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by transit172 View Post
        ok RogiBear quite rite , meaning plenty i meant regular really but yeah depending on the final finish, regarding the oil ect it probly would only drink what it needed and only time will tell and like you say can be sorted easy enough if it moves lol
        While it would only draw in the oil 'required' by adding the oil you're just building up the moisture content so it will be continuously drying.

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
          While it would only draw in the oil 'required' by adding the oil you're just building up the moisture content so it will be continuously drying.
          Hmmm!!!! the more ya find out the more ya want to find out lol cheers RogiBear
          nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...item43ddbb3fd9

Why do people bid on these things?

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
              Yes well spotted Byrom, I was going list that one myself. The type of wood used and splicing looks wrong for an Exclusive, and obviously the badge is just a scream !

EZ
              " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

That guy on ebay selling those badges for £5.99 must be making a fortune. Lost count of the cues that have been listed with fake badges lately.
                "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Chinese manufactured cue fitted with replacement Hunt & O black plate badge as a bonus: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-Made-...item3aab78caa4

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                    That guy on ebay selling those badges for £5.99 must be making a fortune. Lost count of the cues that have been listed with fake badges lately.
                    Why aren't ebay doing something about this. It's the punters I'm angry for.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      That's the worst ever. Only if they'd spelt him as Jon would it be more catastrophic. The poor bugger who buys this is gonna be laughed at in his club. Ebay need to sort themselves out, I hope someone is reporting these cues as fakes. These con artists are ruining the name of the greatest ever.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                        That's the worst ever. Only if they'd spelt him as Jon would it be more catastrophic. The poor bugger who buys this is gonna be laughed at in his club. Ebay need to sort themselves out, I hope someone is reporting these cues as fakes. These con artists are ruining the name of the greatest ever.
                        eBay is the biggest fraudulent scam online workshop in the world and the chances of eBay taking a cue listing off is never going to happen. There's people earning thousands each day selling dodgy Ralph Lauren and other designer labels yet nothing will ever happen.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                          Well the fact you say you 'hope someone is reporting these cues as fakes' sort off implies that you are not. And you his biggest fan. Shame on you for not fighting his corner you know how busy he is.
                          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                            Well the fact you say you 'hope someone is reporting these cues as fakes' sort off implies that you are not. And you his biggest fan. Shame on you for not fighting his corner you know how busy he is.
                            I've reported a few in the past, never got a reply from ebay so don't know if they did anything. If others can chip in, that would be great and I'm sure members have in the past. We gotta protect the punters and the cue makers reps. If fakes go un-noticed, punters are gonna be going round saying Ultimates are crap, TWs are crap, Legends are crap. We don't need this.

Comment

Naughty, naughty !! .... http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...301542&alt=web

EZ
                              " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

Nothing naughty about this . This is a different cue maker to H & O .

They bought the name and added ' London ' ............Devious would be a better word .

Tried contacting these people to buy a cue from the a few years ago , still waiting for a reply .
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X