Trevor white cue for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by piper74 View Post
    I have no theory. Just curious and i thank you for your answer.
    my pleasure !!

Comment

Still for sale at a very good price.

Comment

how much? thx

Comment

Originally Posted by lamnic View Post
          how much? thx
          £500 plus shipping for brand new cue.

Comment

Still for sale.

Comment

Mydidy... there were times not too long ago when people were praying on he's cues. I guess supply is too high

Comment

Overseas ok? Hong Kong $500+Delivery

Comment

Originally Posted by Samcheung001 View Post
                  Hi Andrew, what's the butt size and bp ?
                  Just out of interest why do you want to know what the balance point is?

Comment

Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
                    Just out of interest why do you want to know what the balance point is?
                    If you knew anything at all about cues you would know it's important to know

Comment

No longer available.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        If you knew anything at all about cues you would know it's important to know
                        I'm not saying it isn't important. I'm interested to know. Do the BP vary so much that it would really make that much difference?

Comment

I'm not saying it isn't important. I'm interested to know. Do the BP vary so much that it would really make that much difference?
                          Yep
                          I have received cues before with 15 1'2" bp's, worse than firewood imo, give me 17" plus any day (#no homo)

Comment

Me too. I had a burwat champ with a 13" BP. Looped bridge with every shot to stop it floating away.

Comment

I have a couple of 15.5 cues that hit okay, a 16.5 that i like, but my preference is 17+. It feels like I can give it a more solid hit...and that's not much affected if I hold it an inch or so from the end. However, I do find the lighter feel works okay on a faster table.

I have no problem with 16.5+

If you want to try the effect ffor yourself, bring your grip hand in a bit (or for a truly bizare experience hold it at the bp). You can actually play totally one handed, by holding at the balance point. So like so many things in snooker, it's personal preference.

Comment

The balance point indicates the weight distribution of the cue. It affects the hit. Anything above 17'' is generally called forward weighted. I like 18''. I've got a cue that is handle heavy at 15'' and it's horrible, the tip flies up and there feels to be too much weight in the grip hand which isn't far from reality because the weight in the cue is nearer to the butt end than it should be so the cue is unbalanced for good play. I find that a rear weighted cue generates less power and I put this down to the idea that it's momentum inside the cue isn't being pushed through the contact point, it's staying more in the hand if that makes sense? But that may just be how a cue like this reacts in my hands. Now in theory it shouldn't matter where the cue is weighted because mass is mass and acceleration is acceleration and momentum is momentum. But it does matter because the cue sits on a bridge and has some freedom to move up and down. It's easier to weight a cue towards the butt and so many cheaper cues suffer this problem. But plenty of expensive cues are badly made as well. lol

F1 engineers can change the position of the weights in car to change how it behaves at corners (under and over steer) because the position of the weights affect trajectory. In snooker the trajectory is only in one plane (if we cue straight!) so that's why we get the feel of a well balanced cue gliding over a bridge uniformly or rising, as in the case of a rear weighted cue.
                                Last edited by barrywhite; 30 December 2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X