No announcement yet.

Trevor white cue for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is a BP determined when making a cue? Obviously length is a factor. Is there a certain bracket each cue maker will put their BP in depending on length? Let's say TW will always have a BP of 16.5" as standard in all cues 57" long. Would the weight of the cue then affect the BP?

Comment

Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
      How is a BP determined when making a cue? Obviously length is a factor. Is there a certain bracket each cue maker will put their BP in depending on length? Let's say TW will always have a BP of 16.5" as standard in all cues 57" long. Would the weight of the cue then affect the BP?
      The biggest factor is the weight (sometimes lead) inside the cue. The position of this weight up and down the butt end changes the balance point. But the density of the timbers also plays a part. So if you specify an 18oz cue, it will be a cue of similar weight to say an unweighted cue at 15oz but the weight will be added to increase mass. Where it is placed will affect the BP. Jointed cues will be heavier due to brass joints which in turn affects BP. Though with jointed cues, the cue can be double weighted, above and/or below the joint with the joint acting as a weight to increase mass as well.
      Last edited by barrywhite; 30 December 2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Bit of a long shot but did this cue sell mate I'm after a TW

Comment

No sorry it's long gone. What is it your after maple ash etc. My friend has a brand new 3/4 tw.

Comment

Ash mate ask him any chance of photos spec and price please

Comment

At a guess it's 3/4 ash 57.5 9.7 17.5oz and very responsive. What's your e mail and I'll pass it on.

Comment

kirsop1 @hotmail.co.uk (all linked) cheers got a wooldrige to sell on first though.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

Please email me Pics, Specs and Price also thank you: topgazza@aol.com

Gaz.

Comment

Hi Andrew....can pm me pics and butt spec too please as i am looking to swap or sell my tw 3/4 multi-spliced ash cue with about near specs as yours. Thanks and cheers.

Comment

I do not have any cues for sale it's my friend that has one.

Comment

Can you send me pics, spec and price please to kirsop1@ hotmail.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X