New 1g balls, are they real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

They range from 140 to 142 the white is 132g.
    I've got a set of genuine SC billiard balls, white at 140.2 grammes, spot at 140.9 and red at 139.8. The white and spot are a lightly mottled ivory in colour but both have perfectly smooth surfaces and either one could be used for snooker as long as you don't ask the ref to clean the spot one, could be there for a long time
    Your for a tenner including postage, pm me if interested.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

I've got a set of genuine SC billiard balls, white at 140.2 grammes, spot at 140.9 and red at 139.8. The white and spot are a lightly mottled ivory in colour but both have perfectly smooth surfaces and either one could be used for snooker as long as you don't ask the ref to clean the spot one, could be there for a long time
      Your for a tenner including postage, pm me if interested.
      Perfect! Message sent. Thanks.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Slightly off topic, but why do clubs who purchased the old economy sets insist on keeping them, when they buy brand new TC's or 1G sets?
        As almost certainly there will be a player, who will use the new sets and struggle to use screw on shots. So their solution to this is to swap out the cue ball's with the old ones. Just to be able to make that one particular shot.
        Very frustrating... Anyone else experienced this?

Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
        https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

• so i was curious to try out the difference and got a cheap set of old SC's, arrived today...and now i notice there is NO yellow ball in the set.
          Tsss so what am i supposed to do with it, i guess i'll never find a single SC yellow.
          It's a 'Hunt & Winterbotham' set btw

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
            so i was curious to try out the difference and got a cheap set of old SC's, arrived today...and now i notice there is NO yellow ball in the set.
            Tsss so what am i supposed to do with it, i guess i'll never find a single SC yellow.
            It's a 'Hunt & Winterbotham' set btw
            Newer billiard balls have a spotted yellow. Not sure if SC's had that too.

Comment

• Well the sales page said 6 coloured balls, i didn't assume they counted White is a coloured ball but i guess they did, no yellow on the pic either but still somewhat misleading i'd say.

Last edited by Delphi; 16 December 2021, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty
                Bought a snazzy TAOM decal off EBay to funk up my case!!

Are you on the lookout for some free chalk

Comment

• You've sussed me Starsky!!

I do love the lettering style though, in the same way Zildjian drum symbols look cool it's a bit gothic rock!!
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Pretty solid looking case CC.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                      Pretty solid looking case CC.
                      Thanks mate, pretty amazing old regency camera case given to me by father in law, made from solid Ali and steel brackets and lineded inside with plywood and foam. They don't make things like this anymore, could seriously be dropped from an airplane and survive a rock collision!!
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Great looking case ,shame you’ve not got a shed load of them ,you could make a few quid .

Comment

• Anyone bought a new set of 1g's recently? Asking for a friend who wants a set, we've looked at Premium cues in Edinburgh which is the best price by a long chalk at 225 Inc delivery but are waiting on stock! Anyone got close to this?

Thanks.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            Anyone bought a new set of 1g's recently? Asking for a friend who wants a set, we've looked at Premium cues in Edinburgh which is the best price by a long chalk at 225 Inc delivery but are waiting on stock! Anyone got close to this?

Thanks.
                            Check out these:

https://cymrucues.co.uk/product/snooker-balls

https://snookermania.co.uk/product/a...-balls-2-1-16/

They are the older stock I believe. Our TSF shop also has them on sale. You might also get a discount coupon. Dean will know more. I think the prices have increased recently with many sellers.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Check out these:

https://cymrucues.co.uk/product/snooker-balls

https://snookermania.co.uk/product/a...-balls-2-1-16/

They are the older stock I believe. Our TSF shop also has them on sale. You might also get a discount coupon. Dean will know more. I think the prices have increased recently with many sellers.
                              Thanks mate.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Try cuesports Yorkshire - Bex kenna. I believe she sells them for around 220

Comment

Working...
                                X