Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can be a bit C D O too .

Comment

Lolz I do that too when packing the balls away, I've no idea why, but can't handle just chucking them in any old how
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I saw a cheap set of aramith premier today, thought i'd try them out because i don't want to use my 1g set with just everyone, to my surprise these premiers are much heavier (162 grams) and seem to be much bigger.
        Whats up with bigger then 'normal' size? in which case is a set of bigger balls used?

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post

Yes, and for me the colours need to be in order in the box, or else something simply does not compute, i know, i'm a weird dude.
          Nope this is completely normal, it's all the others that are a bit strange
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
            I saw a cheap set of aramith premier today, thought i'd try them out because i don't want to use my 1g set with just everyone, to my surprise these premiers are much heavier (162 grams) and seem to be much bigger.
            Whats up with bigger then 'normal' size? in which case is a set of bigger balls used?
            Sounds like you have bought a " nine ball" set of snooker balls, a lad at our club did that once by mistake.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

This threads total crazy , theres two sets of balls for full size snooker ,the Premiere and Tournament Champion .It’s not complicated

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

1972 ,Alex Higgins used to carry his own set around doing exhibitions apparently ,because most of the old clubs still used the old balls ,the supers really changed the game .
                1973 actually mikee, Alex was the last crystalate world champion in 1972, Not only did he have to contend with the change of balls but his beloved Burwat Champion cue broke as well and it was years before he found some decent consistant form, went through loads of cues to find the one he won his second world title with, and that one got broken as well

The crystalate world champion trinity of Reardon, Spencer and Higgins were practically unopposed after the transition to the super crystalate ball until those younger players who learned with the SC ball came through, Steve Davis, Terry Griffiths, Jimmy White etc. Alex stayed with them for a while as he was young enough to make the transition but when the Aramith phenolic resin ball came to be the standard ball then it was a transition too far and the old guard faded away rather quickly taking Davis and co with them a few years later when the Aramith generation came through.
                The pro conditions had to change to accomodate these balls, hence almost napless coths, table heaters, ball polish, magic chalk etc etc while the rest of us have to put up with all their foibles on standard club cloths that are made to last for years.

If you can find a decent set of supers for sale then buy them, clean and polish them up and you'll be certain of the difference they make. There are some Aramith supers for sale on ebay priced at around 170 quid but although Aramith did actually make supers for a short while to please the WBPSA it's not certain the ones for sale to the general public are the real macoy. I sold a set to JohnFlaf on the forum a while ago and they played differently to my original supers which is why they were practically new and a bargain at 50 quid.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Yeah that’s what I said too ,that the new cloths , balls ,heaters finished off lots of players .I still have a set of supers ,there a bit chipped though .If anyone needs to find out if they have a proper set and not a badged up Tc set ,supers sound different ,more of a treble higher tone click .

Comment

I've seen a set on eBay for £20 + £6.75 delivery , seems worth buying a set for fun! I remember as a kid the difference and from memory there was a lot less deflection and a truer direction. For this money I'd leave on one of the club's tables.....
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                      I've seen a set on eBay for £20 + £6.75 delivery , seems worth buying a set for fun! I remember as a kid the difference and from memory there was a lot less deflection and a truer direction. For this money I'd leave on one of the club's tables.....
                      Now, even I want a set

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                        Yeah that’s what I said too ,that the new cloths , balls ,heaters finished off lots of players .I still have a set of supers ,there a bit chipped though .If anyone needs to find out if they have a proper set and not a badged up Tc set ,supers sound different ,more of a treble higher tone click .
                        Clunk for the TC's click for the SC's, clunk click every hit to paraphrase the '70's seatbelt campaign, wasn't that Jimmy Saville
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Just seen a set I was watching that were in great condition go for £14 including delivery...... I forgot to bid.....
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I wonder just how well original SC's would play on modern pro conditions, could the modern pros raised on TC's actually use them ?
                            If someone could email the BBC and get Steve Davis and Jack Lisowski to try out a set during the UK next week but I'm betting there's a clause about dissing sponsors products.

Comment

• Got a question for you guys with SC sets, do you play with them for nostalgia now and again or do you play with them because you really love the contact and reaction on them? Cheers.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• They play pretty much the same as tc balls ,but with less bad contacts

Comment

Working...
                                X