No announcement yet.

New 1g balls, are they real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all in the heads out the green, but that's a nightmare for a snooker player! I think you can buy single colour TC balls from John Parrot snooker (or at least you could) and specify the weight you want. Well worth the £15/20 quid to clear the mind of a player. Lolz
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

[QUOTE=Starsky;
      Do you buy it from the same shop that sells tartan paint ?[/QUOTE]

yep that’s the place

Comment

OMG!

In my sets the green is the lightest!

I used to work in an artist paints company and back then White was the heaviest pigment (lead in those days!) and the lightest of all was.... black!
        Green was just the same as all those in between

fkhan - I am so happy for you and the scare is all over!
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Thick here too
          test quote post

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            OMG!

In my sets the green is the lightest!

I used to work in an artist paints company and back then White was the heaviest pigment (lead in those days!) and the lightest of all was.... black!
            Green was just the same as all those in between

fkhan - I am so happy for you and the scare is all over!
            Must be fun to work with paints. I find spray painting fascinating.

I sent an email to Aramith about the mystery behind the greens. Will post their reply, if I get one.

Comment

Just curious, why do we need 1g 3g etc? Isn't it possible to make a mould of a particular spec that can then produce balls of identical weights or am I totally wrong?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                Just curious, why do we need 1g 3g etc? Isn't it possible to make a mould of a particular spec that can then produce balls of identical weights or am I totally wrong?
                The rules stipulate only 3g; but Aramith provide 1g to the pro tour, women's tour, etc.
                Aramith confirmed that it takes longer to get 1g sets collected.
                I am sure they could get weights more consistent but as always it comes down to "money"!
                Also, that would give us all less to talk, moan about

Comment

No you are right ,it’s just Aramiths way of bleeding more cash out of customers .When it was Super Crystallite all the balls weighed between 1 gram ,think they were all 142g .It’s a myth that the supers weighed more ,they didn’t,it was the old pre 1972 Standard Crystalites that weighed more .

Comment

Market monopoly I guess that has led to this. There should be more competition in this area like we do for say snooker tables. But, I doubt if quality would take a hit because of that.

Comment

As Vmax says there’s no need for an inferior 125 g ball ,but if tc balls won’t run properly on heavier club cloths without kicking every other shot ,I guess they have to make them . Super crystallites ran on anything ,which is why some think they are better

Comment

Super crystalates are great balls and if on a budget I would much rather buy a set of them than premiers.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          Super crystalates are great balls and if on a budget I would much rather buy a set of them than premiers.
                          You can’t get them anymore ,and they weren’t a budget ball

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                            You can’t get them anymore ,and they weren’t a budget ball
                            On eBay all the time Mikee, used to go for about 10-20 pound a set , I bought a few that were in great nick.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

When were the super crystalates introduced ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
                                When were the super crystalates introduced ?
                                1972 ,Alex Higgins used to carry his own set around doing exhibitions apparently ,because most of the old clubs still used the old balls ,the supers really changed the game .

Comment

Working...
                                X