No announcement yet.

New 1g balls, are they real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t beat non silicone pledge ,best thing I’ve found to clean the balls in the machine ,I rotate 4 different white balls .the Peradon Case is very well made and it takes 26 balls , so plenty of room for extra whites .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
      Can’t beat non silicone pledge ,best thing I’ve found to clean the balls in the machine ,I rotate 4 different white balls .the Peradon Case is very well made and it takes 26 balls , so plenty of room for extra whites .
      What's silicone pledge? A ball cleaning spray? Quite a few spare whites you have.

Comment

Pledge is a brand of furniture polish

the important bit here is the "NON-silicone" version.

I once played a a friend's British Legion club and the old man there was really proud that he had cleaned the balls with furniture polish; the worst frame of snooker ever!, they were sliding all over the shop!

Maybe, again, the important bit is the "NON-silicone"
        Last edited by DeanH; 13 November 2021, 06:21 PM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I use Mr.Sheen on my super crystalates, brilliant result. No kicks at all last night in eight frames despite a damp atmosphere thus a slow table and Master grey and Triangle green chalk being used.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
            I use Mr.Sheen on my super crystalates, brilliant result. No kicks at all last night in eight frames despite a damp atmosphere thus a slow table and Master grey and Triangle green chalk being used.
            My Sheen is another good polish , the worst cleaner I have tried is Aramith
            ball cleaner it’s nothing more than car wax .furniture polish that is is silicon free is as good as anything I have found ,think I’ve had one kick in 3 weeks and my balls look great shiney and new

Comment

Is washing them with soap water recommended?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                Is washing them with soap water recommended?
                no ,some detergents can react with the polished surface on the balls ,they can go dull and milky looking ,I know someone that had put a set in the dish washer ,it’s game over and the balls are ruined .keep them clean with polish from new and they will last a long time .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

no ,some detergents can react with the polished surface on the balls ,they can go dull and milky looking ,I know someone that had put a set in the dish washer ,it’s game over and the balls are ruined .keep them clean with polish from new and they will last a long time .
                  My pal was going to put his 1gs in his dishwasher, I told him to hold fire and I gave him an old ball to experiment with, let's just say I saved him two hundred and fifty pounds, it didn't go well.
                  iirc that ball was put behind the bar as a warning to others if the subject ever came up.
                  Last edited by itsnoteasy; 14 November 2021, 10:20 AM.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Try Solution 30 optical lens cleaner.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thank you. May I have a link to buy these?

Comment

Bought a cheapish £7 scale to weigh the balls. They were all within the 1gm variance but were about 124-125 gms. I think the bloody scale is faulty. Returned it and ordered another one. Hope this one is accurate.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                          Bought a cheapish £7 scale to weigh the balls. They were all within the 1gm variance but were about 124-125 gms. I think the bloody scale is faulty. Returned it and ordered another one. Hope this one is accurate.
                          Yeah they should be closer to 140

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Yeah they should be closer to 140
                            What caused the doubt is that if they were fake, they would not be within the 1gm tolerance range.

Comment

hm, Aramith Premier balls are usually around the 120-130g are they not?
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                hm, Aramith Premier balls are usually around the 120-130g are they not?
                                Time to check the scales! Maybe weigh a bag of sugar or something that you know what it should weigh, just to check they are accurate?

Comment

Working...
                                X