New 1g balls, are they real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Here’s a copy of the weights of my balls when I bought them at The Crucible in 2011. They were not sold as 1g but they were. I’ve had to replace the white a couple of times. Not weighed them recently as I haven’t been practicing at all.
    PS. You’ll see a note that they cost me 120 pounds. Great investment. Could probably sell them for 50.
    In both our sets, the green is the lightest

Comment

Fkhan, that’s great news. Big “weight” off your mind lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
        Fkhan, that’s great news. Big “weight” off your mind lol.
        Yes, it was driving me nuts.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

In both our sets, the green is the lightest
          Funny you mention that about the green!… I haven’t weighed my set but I’m sure the green is the odd ball! Just seems to react slightly different than everything else.

Comment

In my set of TCs they would be 1gs except the green is just too light, this can't just be a coincidence can it?
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Yeah, right? I am thinking the same! There is something fishy with the greens.

Comment

Okay guys. I'm not kidding.. My green is also a bit weird and lighter than the others, though it's not by much!

Comment

I thought the green off the spot was just my bogey ball but now I’m starting to think different .
                  I also have a set of TC’s ..

Comment

Do you miss them thin or thick Starsky

Comment

If I miss them it’s normally thick but of course I’ve over compensated and missed them thin as well.

Comment

Yes. 95% of my misses on the green are thick! We need to get these greens looked at!

Comment

Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
                          Yes. 95% of my misses on the green are thick! We need to get these greens looked at!
                          Thick here too

Comment

I’ve always blamed it on putting unintentional RH side on the stun shots as I normally play most shots to brown of the cushion with RH side. That would make it miss thick if you’ve either not compensated for the throw or put it on without realising it.
                            Never get the same issues with the yellow though …

Comment

It’s the green pigment ,all in the. Colour ,,green paint is slightly lighter in weight .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                                It’s the green pigment ,all in the. Colour ,,green paint is slightly lighter in weight .
                                Do you buy it from the same shop that sells tartan paint ?

Comment

Working...
                                X