No announcement yet.

New Black Heart layered tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI Has any one tried these New Black Heart Layered tip how much do they cost and where can we buy them maybe someone knows.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
      And I thought Kamui took the p**s with their prices lol

Seriously though although they look kinda cool once they're fitted and chalked they won't. You'd have to be mad to buy one
      I think Poundland do permanent marker pens; I just saved you about £30!
      Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Pro9.co.uk is getting them in, according to dave knight they are going to be £15-£20
        Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Even at £15, they'd have to be the best tips around. Are they?

Comment

Dont know, theyre sending me a free sample so will let you know what its like
            Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by craigslater View Post
              Would they send a free sample to anyone else do you think. I fit tips for friends and am always interested in something different. It would have be really good though, for me to persuade folk of the cost outlay. I've just put on this Omin and I'm blown away. Just had a few shots and the screw back is top notch, better then the GBL PG that was on there, and better than Talisman IMO, or elk. Gonna post on the Omin thread now. I need some of these for my guys!

Comment

If you follow them on facebook they do a thing every week were to 1st three people to reply get a free sample, or you could just email and tell them you do a lot of re-tips, they may send you one out :-)
                Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

If you follow them on facebook they do a thing every week were to 1st three people to reply get a free sample, or you could just email and tell them you do a lot of re-tips, they may send you one out :-)
                  Cheers Bud. I'll do that, email I mean.

Comment

I emailed them, and they got back to me straight away; great service in my opinion. A new tip is being launched soon by BH and my lads will be testing a batch. I can't say anymore than that because discretion is important, but this company sounds very professional, so I'll look forward to your review of your tip with interest. If it lives up to the hype and their professionalism (so far), it might be one hell of a tip. Awesome, far out, radical man. lol
                    Last edited by Particle Physics; 17 July 2012, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                      if anyone is mug enough to buy one of these, then rest assured i will make an equivalent and sell it to fools.
                      Amazed. What if the BH is the best tip on the planet? What if it can do things other tips can't? People are happy to spend £1000 on a cue (and some folk here have a dozen or more cues), £75 on a new magic ferrule, £200 on a case (that doesn't even get to play a shot!), hundreds of pounds on extensions that are hardly used, but spending £15 on a tip is foolish?! The tip is the most important part of the cue, it's the only part that contacts the ball. It might be ok putting a crap blue diamond or elk on a £50 ROS cue, but to my mind, if you've got a great Parris, TW, or even MW, you put the best piece of leather around on the cue. You don't stick remoulds on a Rolls Royce. So many folk have this lack of reason when it comes to tips.

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
                        The tip is the most important part of the cue, it's the only part that contacts the ball. It might be ok putting a crap blue diamond or elk on a £50 ROS cue, but to my mind, if you've got a great Parris, TW, or even MW, you put the best piece of leather around on the cue. You don't stick remoulds on a Rolls Royce. So many folk have this lack of reason when it comes to tips.
                        Ronnie just won the WSC using a 13mm Elkmaster tip cut down to fit his cue. There is nothing crap about Elkmaster or Blue Diamond tips Particle, don't fall for that United States of Advertising bollocks. Tips are simply made of leather and need to be chalked in order to grip the cue ball and although different tips give different feel they all do the same job, it's a personal choice.
                        There are far too many people out there who need and want a short cut to greatness but won't get it from a certain tip, a certain ferrule or a certain cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
                          Amazed. What if the BH is the best tip on the planet? What if it can do things other tips can't? People are happy to spend £1000 on a cue (and some folk here have a dozen or more cues), £75 on a new magic ferrule, £200 on a case (that doesn't even get to play a shot!), hundreds of pounds on extensions that are hardly used, but spending £15 on a tip is foolish?! The tip is the most important part of the cue, it's the only part that contacts the ball. It might be ok putting a crap blue diamond or elk on a £50 ROS cue, but to my mind, if you've got a great Parris, TW, or even MW, you put the best piece of leather around on the cue. You don't stick remoulds on a Rolls Royce. So many folk have this lack of reason when it comes to tips.
                          To stick with your car analogy...... Blue Diamonds and Elks might be the Mondeo ST220 of tips where the BH/Kamui etc are the BMW 330's.

To those in the know, the Mondeo does the job better for less, whereas the un-initiated would shell out the extra money for the Beemer.

Of course, I don't know this for sure and maybe these tips are the nuts, I'll wait for your review, but in all honesty, I can't imagine they will transform anything.
                          Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

No doubt that elk masters and blue diamond are good tips.

But as far as I know (Which is not much in fact) it requires a decent amount of skill to find out the good ones from a box as they do have quite a lot of dud ones in the box (Mass production does has its drawback's)

These I guess would be made in limited numbers so one thing to be certain is that almost all of them would be playing the same way.

So if you take a very good talisman, elk master, mw super tip or these all should play the same for any ordinary player. On the hands of a skilled person it is a different story based on the skill of the player.
                            Whoever called snooker 'chess with balls' was rude, but right

Comment

All I'm saying guys is let's wait for someone to trial them and report back. Give BH a chance. There are many folk poo pooing the tips before they've even been tried. People here are assuming a lot. MW's black spin looks to be a real improvement according to those who've gone over, so there is progress in playing equipment. And how many good elks are there in a box? As for blue diamonds, don't make me laugh, no-one in snooker uses them anymore, they fall apart and they're rubbish. A BD is a pool tip, it's not suitable for snooker balls. Thing is, ROS's Elk wasn't just any Elk was it, it wasn't out of a box, it was hand selected and treated by a pro fitter. It was a rare good one. The elks folk buy off ebay aren't the same thing at all. If you want a consistent tip, you go for a laminated tip. When you put a new tip on, you should be sure of what that tip will do. If you fit a Kamui, Moori, Talisman, GBL PG, Omin or Phoenix you'll have a very good idea. Fitting an Elk or BD is a lottery, and who wants to go to the trouble of fitting, then removing and binning three tips for every decent one you finally fit? Not me.
                              Last edited by Particle Physics; 18 July 2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
                                To stick with your car analogy...... Blue Diamonds and Elks might be the Mondeo ST220 of tips where the BH/Kamui etc are the BMW 330's.

To those in the know, the Mondeo does the job better for less, whereas the un-initiated would shell out the extra money for the Beemer.

Of course, I don't know this for sure and maybe these tips are the nuts, I'll wait for your review, but in all honesty, I can't imagine they will transform anything.
                                It wasn't a car analogy, it was a tyre analogy. I wouldn't fit rubbish tyres or remoulds to any car, regardless of how much it cost. Brake and tyres are the most important things there are on a car. And likewise, the tip on a snooker cue is also very important. So don't put up with poor tips when better tips are out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X