No announcement yet.

Kamui Beige or Kamui Black tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a good video , never seen that before .

Comment

Originally Posted by thundershots147 View Post
      Thank you for the link, I did come across that video when I did a search on the Kamui fake tips but I'm wondering would that be the same out for the beige ones?
      For beige, I have no idea. Why not you post a picture of the beige one that you've bought? I also have a beige one bought from my local cue shop. We could compare.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
        £ 10 ..
        Ok, so I've enquired with a supplier about some Aramith laminated tips from a supplier and from Aramith themselves. They're not available in the UK to my knowledge but retail about £10 abroad. Terry thought that was expensive but the feedback amongst the US pool frat is that they are even better than a Kamui, hold chalk well, don't harden at all, a wee bit softer than a Kamui M as the Aramith M goes. So £10 ain't too expensive if they're better than a Kamui in my book. I was thinking of buying a box of 25.

http://www.saluc.com/html/billiard/index.php?idlien=39
        Last edited by Particle Physics; 17 August 2012, 09:39 PM.
        Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

That's a good idea , I never thought of that.

Comment

Kamui Beige or Kamui Black tips?

Here is the link to the tip that I bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAMUI-PROFESSSIONAL-SNOOKER-TIP-WITH-FREE-TIP-TRIMMER-/251114593195?pt=UK_SportingGoods_SnookerPool_RL&ha sh=item3a77989bab#ht_956wt_922

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
              £ 10 ..
              Ok, so I've enquired with a supplier about some Aramith laminated tips from a supplier and from Aramith themselves. They're not available in the UK to my knowledge but retail about £10 abroad. Terry thought that was expensive but the feedback amongst the US pool frat is that they are even better than a Kamui, hold chalk well, don't harden at all, a wee bit softer than a Kamui M as the Aramith M goes. So £10 ain't too expensive if they're better than a Kamui in my book. I was thinking of buying a box of 25.

http://www.saluc.com/html/billiard/index.php?idlien=39
              When the power of love is greater than the love of power; the world will know peace.
              I might give them a try in the near future, they sound good but I will not knock Kamui until I have tried the tip .

Comment

I,ll buy a few off you pp

Comment

Ok, I'll get a price off them and see what I can do. I'm keen to try this tip, given the reviews. It's either that, or more O'mins or a Kamui next. Single piece pressed leather is doing my nut.

Comment

Have you tried MW Super Tips?

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                      Have you tried MW Super Tips?
                      2nded. Love these tips, also like PG's to some degree. But truth be told, you still can't beat a 'good' elk. I soak 'em in milk and then water, and press dry in a vice. As mad as that sounds, it works

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                        2nded. Love these tips, also like PG's to some degree. But truth be told, you still can't beat a 'good' elk. I soak 'em in milk and then water, and press dry in a vice. As mad as that sounds, it works
                        Does this soften or harden them up? A friend does something similar but uses a microwave instead of a vice. Did you start with an oversized pool elk, say 13mm? Some folk on TSF think the pool elks are better than the snooker cuts
                        Last edited by Particle Physics; 18 August 2012, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
                          Does this soften or harden them up? A friend does something similar but uses a microwave instead of a vice. Did you start with an oversized pool elk, say 13mm? Some folk on TSF think the pool elks are better than the snooker cuts
                          Not so much harden, but ensures every one is pretty much a 'good elk'. But if I had to quantify that, I'd have to say harden. It works for me, each to their own I guess. Like MW says.. those supertips are like a good elk everytime. And I have to agree ( IMHO of course ).

Good luck with those kamuis, I found after a few hours play, they became rock hard ( again, subjective ).
                          Last edited by Inoffthered; 18 August 2012, 02:07 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                            Not so much harden, but ensures every one is pretty much a 'good elk'. But if I had to quantify that, I'd have to say harden. It works for me, each to their own I guess. Like MW says.. those supertips are like a good elk everytime. And I have to agree ( IMHO of course ).

Good luck with those kamuis, I found after a few hours play, they became rock hard ( again, subjective ).
                            Even without play, I found Kamuis to be rock hard. Even my knife's unable to slice through them to get rid of the excess. But it was a pool tip to begin with which was a 14mm instead of the 11mm. Took me quite a long while to sand the top down but unable to trim the excess off to make it flush with ferrule.

Comment

Morning gents. The O'min flame sent was hard to begin with. A red one, not sure if this is classed as M or H tbh. Horses for courses I guess. What I don't like about single piece leather tips is the inconsistency. Then there is a fair bit of filing here and there over its life. When I put that O'min on, it was mainly about chalking, as laminates don't hold chalk as well, pigskin is thin, less fibrous and flat. Neither type of tip is really a good solution because animal skin isn't a good idea at all. What is needed is a material which is granular in nature, lacks fibres and is uniform across and down the whole tip. If Michelin can develop a tyre to run flat at 250+mph on a Veyron, someone should be able to develop a new material tip that has none of the faults of both varieties of current tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
                                Even without play, I found Kamuis to be rock hard. Even my knife's unable to slice through them to get rid of the excess. But it was a pool tip to begin with which was a 14mm instead of the 11mm. Took me quite a long while to sand the top down but unable to trim the excess off to make it flush with ferrule.
                                I,m not sure why yours was so hard to trim or sand , whilst being firm the kamuis are the easiest to trim or sand of all the laminated tips i,ve tried , thats an unusual and unique characteristic about them and unlike any other hard tip .

Comment

Working...
                                X