Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    it was a pain.
    Ive got a 3 pack of talismans this morning of you but would be happy to try it!

Comment

Originally Posted by callum from hallam View Post
      ADR would you be able to do what i put together but instead of the elkmaster a omin to try please so it would be, Kamui black MH, Kamui Tan M, Pro granite, Mike Wooldridge super tip and a Omin do you think you could do that ADR can you let me know asap
      Kamui are a nightmare because too many get sent back and i end up losing money - they are also identical to the phoenix tips but 3 times the price. o'min are made by talisman. mike wooldridge has not yet finalised his new tips.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I think the point you make about tips being similar or identical is a good way of grouping them, if sellers ar willing to trust your judgement and ask for a hard, soft or medium selection and you have a set price with a no return policy, everyones a winner.
        The whole point of the pack would be to try new tips, i'm sure if someone asked you for 5 specific tips you'd give them a good rate anyway.
        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
          I think the point you make about tips being similar or identical is a good way of grouping them, if sellers ar willing to trust your judgement and ask for a hard, soft or medium selection and you have a set price with a no return policy, everyones a winner.
          The whole point of the pack would be to try new tips, i'm sure if someone asked you for 5 specific tips you'd give them a good rate anyway.
          yes as best as i can - trouble is most people don't actually know what they like~!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

the phoenix black tips are superb and i quite like the omin reds but i use wooldridge supertips best tip by a mile imo. i prefere a pressed tip to a laminated one but each to there own.

Comment

Ok then guys can you put me a list of what tips i should use try theres to many to count on here lol
              REDS ARE NO GOOD WITHOUT COLOURS !:snooker:

Comment

Ok then guys can you put me a list of what tips i should use try theres to many to count on here lol
                That's just the point Callum, there are so many it is just a case of trial and error trying new tips - even then you might get a few duff ones, which colour your view.

In the last 6 months alone I have tried (in no particular order)... Hercules, kamui black, Phoenix black, omin red, pool baron, pool baron hornet, aurora, Jupiter, pro granite,mw super tip, mw laminated, moori...I'm sure there are others I have forgotten.

For a cheapish laminated tip, try a Phoenix black (from adr) or omin red. If you like pressed tips, you can't go wrong with a Mike Wooldridge super tip.

Comment

Mike Wooldridge pressed super tip gets my vote, does what i need it to do, can't see the point in trying anything else.
                  Altho did try talisman s once, but fell apart twice so will not try one again !!

Comment

ok thanks mr bluejay I think im down to my final four ,phoenix black, omin red, kamui black or a mike wooldridge can i hear your opinions if you have tried any of these tips please i want to try and get a new tip on before my next game next tuesday cant put one for tommorow though so yeah can i hear your opinions of, phoenix black, omin red, kamui black or mike wooldridge super tip any help would be appreciated thanks

Thanks

Callum from Hallam

Comment

Kamui Black #1 for me. Been using Elks for 16 years and tried a Kamui for first time this week. Never will go back. Tried Talisman and BD, didnt like either. Kamui way to go. They also hold their shape very well during bedding in stage.

Comment

Start with a super tip, no bedding in to worry about good to go straight away, you'll know right away if it's for you, and there's nothing it won't do. Only problem you may have is it grips the ball a little too well, if your not cueing dead straight and centre you can often get a lot of un intentional work on the cue ball, but once mastered you'll wonder how you lived without them!
                        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

ok thanks mr bluejay I think im down to my final four ,phoenix black, omin red, kamui black or a mike wooldridge can i hear your opinions if you have tried any of these tips please i want to try and get a new tip on before my next game next tuesday cant put one for tommorow though so yeah can i hear your opinions of, phoenix black, omin red, kamui black or mike wooldridge super tip any help would be appreciated thanks

Thanks

Callum from Hallam
                          Kamui is my favourite, but they are all good tips. If you've never tried a laminated tip before, try a Phoenix or omin first, much cheaper than kamui.

Comment

phoenix are harder than kamui

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                              Start with a super tip, no bedding in to worry about good to go straight away, you'll know right away if it's for you, and there's nothing it won't do. Only problem you may have is it grips the ball a little too well, if your not cueing dead straight and centre you can often get a lot of un intentional work on the cue ball, but once mastered you'll wonder how you lived without them!
                              I think i've got a really really straight cueing a former pro told me so

Comment

I think i'm going to try a mike wooldridge supertip

Comment

Working...
                                X