No announcement yet.

Unsure what tip to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the MW supertips are pressed tips so have similar properties to the others. There are subtle changes between the main pressed tips (elks, BD's, GBL, MW et al). and they can all compared no problem.

My little rant is about comparing layered tips (talis, mooris, Kamui) is like comparing a Golf Wood with a wooden head to a wood with a metal head. The differences are vast. Even though they're made to do the same job.

Comment

Does anyone have a, pressed mike wooldridge super tip, I want to try one but cant find one anywhere so if any one find a spare could you send it to me please I would of course pay if you wanted me to. So if you do put it on the thread and i'll respond with a pm

thanks

Callum from Hallam
      REDS ARE NO GOOD WITHOUT COLOURS !:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by callum from hallam View Post
        Does anyone have a, pressed mike wooldridge super tip, I want to try one but cant find one anywhere so if any one find a spare could you send it to me please I would of course pay if you wanted me to. So if you do put it on the thread and i'll respond with a pm

thanks

Callum from Hallam
        Took me less than 3 seconds to find some
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIKE-WOOLD...b3bcbf7&_uhb=1

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Took me less than 3 seconds to find some
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIKE-WOOLD...b3bcbf7&_uhb=1
          wonder what they will sell for now there arn't any!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            wonder what they will sell for now there arn't any!
            How come Andrew, has Mike stopped making his supertips??
            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
              How come Andrew, has Mike stopped making his supertips??
              i am not sure - i think so - at least for now.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I have been into Snooker and Pool for Many years and tried Most Tips and I will say the Mike Wooldridge Super Tips are Great and in My Opinion the Best Pressed Tip Available and you dont have to Knock them in for Hours like other Tips as these are Ready from the Off.
                I will say thou what suits me and my Cue may not suit you and your cue! Its Trial and Error and Please remember what suits somebody else may not suit you? So please go and try a few and Decide yourself.

Here are my Opinions on Tips Below In Order..............

PRESSED TIPS

1. MW SUPER TIP - EXCELLENT TIPS LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN ON FOR WEEKS FROM MINUTE FITTED!
                2. BLUE DIAMOND PLUS - GOOD TIPS BUT STILL TAKES A FEW TO GET A GOOD ONE AND VERY HIGH LIKE ICECREAM!
                3. GENUINE ELK MASTER - ALSO TAKES A FEW SOMETIMES TO GET A GOOD ONE AS IM FUSSY!
                4. GENUINE BLUE DIAMOND - THESE MANY YEARS AGO WERE VERY GOOD BUT NOW HIT AND MISS TAKES A GOOD FEW TO GET A GOOD ONE THATS WHY THE (BLUE DIAMOND PLUS) ARE SO EXPENSIVE AS THEY SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THE ORIGINAL BLUE DIAMONDS YEARS AGO.
                5. GBL PRO GRANITE - GOOD REACTION BUT VERY HARD LIKE A STONE ON THE END BUT NOT BAD FOR PRICE!

LAMINATED TIPS

1. KAMUI M-H KEEPS ITS SHAPE WELL VERY GOOD REACTION BUT QUITE EXPENSIVE PER TIP! > ALTHOU I HAVENT TRIED THE NEW MIKE WOOLDRIDGE YET WHICH MAYBE THE BEST!
                2. TALISMAN M/H > SOFT DOESNT LAST AND FEELS SPONDGEY AFTER AWHILE AND LIKE MOST LAMINATED TIPS SOMETIMES DE-LAMINATES!
                3. MIKE WOOLDRIDGE - GOOD REACTION AND SHAPE BUT LIKE A FEW OF OTHER LAMINATED TIPS SOMETIMES THEY DE-LAMINATES
                4. PHOENIX BLACK - CHEAP LAMINATED TIP SEEMS QUITE HARD BUT GOOD REACTION - BUT ANOTHER WHICH HAS DE-LAMINATED ON ME!

This is Just my Opinion Using my Cue which is Medium/Stiff Shaft!

I can Highly Recommend a MIKE WOODLRIDGE SUPER TIP thou as I fit Many Tips a week to all Different Cues/Shafts and 90% of People Prefer a Mike Wooldridge Super Tip.

Gaz.
                Last edited by gazza147; 8 October 2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I'm with you there gazza on the pressed mike wooldridge tips, excellent they are.
                  But you list pro granite under the laminated section, is that right ? i thought they were pressed too, never tried one myself tho

Comment

Pro Granite are indeed pressed, I am using them at the moment after seeing some write ups on here, so far so good.

Comment

Cheers Jrc yes I did put it under wrong one!....lol

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                        has Mike stopped making his supertips??

you can still get them on his site http://www.handmadecues.com/zen-acce...=index&cPath=1

Comment

Originally Posted by prince07799 View Post
                          Does anyone know what mike's bringing out next, is it an improved version of his supertip or something different?
                          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                            Does anyone know what mike's bringing out next, is it an improved version of his supertip or something different?
                            i have a new shark with a new tip mike is trying out and its very nice, ive tryed his super tip that i use for pool but do find abit soft for snooker. Im not sure when they will be on sale but i will be buying more of them

Comment

i have a new shark with a new tip mike is trying out and its very nice, ive tryed his super tip that i use for pool but do find abit soft for snooker. Im not sure when they will be on sale but i will be buying more of them
                              Cheers mate, it's on my to try out next list lol...
                              Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                I'm with you there gazza on the pressed mike wooldridge tips, excellent they are.
                                But you list pro granite under the laminated section, is that right ? i thought they were pressed too, never tried one myself tho
                                i believe pro granite are a different breed altogether, made up of little bits of leather and glue all mixed up and then squashed (pressed) to a tip shape.

i was aware of this 'technology' during original development of supertips. i was not keen and stuck to premium solid one piece leather principle.

btw, all tips are pressed if you think about it. laminated (layered) are just pressed from thin layers of leather stuck together.

you can indeed but i am nearly out due to being too busy on cues to dedicate time to upping stock levels.

i took them off ebay cos i was getting low. now i'm getting desperate...

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                                i've got this one guys

what started off as an experiment has become a massive challenge.

it's turned out to be much more than simply 'improved'. it's become quite a different beast altogether.

sort of a hybrid between standard 'pressed' and laminated.

to clarify, plays like a great pressed tip, but retains shape and is harder wearing like the benefits of a layered tip. (if you consider them 'benefits'. personally, it's not something i'd ever trade for a decent playing pressed tip).

however, it can't be a bad thing eh?

although the initial prototypes were simply an experiment with the leather and the treatments/procedures involved, i have now added a layer at the base, so it's kind of half laminated. actually, 'simply' is not an accurate word. a tremendous amount of time, money and resources went into this stage of development...

quite a few people have had prototype tips fitted to their orders, which certainly possess close to, or spot on, the playing characterstics i am trying to achieve, but nobody has seen or used this latest version yet, as i'm still making my own judgements before i'm 100% happy.

unfortunately, as i've got deeper into this, it has become clear that this new tip takes much longer to make and is very much a hands on, hand made process, literally working on one tip at a time and making constant checks. not an ideal situation but that's where i've ended up.

to summarise, original mw supertips are not being replaced in the foreseeable future. they remain a great playing tip and many people swear by them.

the new tip should be seen as just that - a new tip. to be tried if you feel the inclination, or simply stick with what you know you like.
                                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X