No announcement yet.

Unsure what tip to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placed another order yesterday mate, sold all the rest to friends. When they arrive i will let you no, they work out at £12 though + first class stamp.

Comment

Thas ok , cheers .

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
        Any possibility mike that you may release tips a bit bigger than 10mm? I've had some good points from adr which helped the last time I fitted one but it's still tricky getting it perfect on a 10mm ferrule with my knackered fingers.... It's not something I do a lot anyway, its just easier for me to trim down a bigger tip.
        let me think about this...no.

why don't you change your ferrule to 9.5mm?

on a serious note. i've spent a lot of money on design and production of my own 'machinery'.

it's not possible to make this do different sizes.

10mm covers virtually all snooker and pool players, enabling them to cut down to any size from 10mm down.

my suggestion - try a different glue. one which gives you as bit of time to position the tip perfectly. epoxy wold be a good choice.
        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
          let me think about this...no.

why don't you change your ferrule to 9.5mm?

on a serious note. i've spent a lot of money on design and production of my own 'machinery'.

it's not possible to make this do different sizes.

10mm covers virtually all snooker and pool players, enabling them to cut down to any size from 10mm down.

my suggestion - try a different glue. one which gives you as bit of time to position the tip perfectly. epoxy wold be a good choice.
          That's what i thought..... I understand it can't be cheap for you to make these, I also realise the time you put into these, if you made a range of sizes it would take up even more time. I'm going to try a different glue next time though, it's not something i need to do a lot so a glue that gives me a bit more time is the way to go. Cheers mike.
          :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by les147 View Post
            I have just taken possession of a batch of Black king layered tips in soft and medium from the states, i can honestly say the soft that i have tried is the best tip i have[U]ever[U] tried.
            Hi Les... did you use a lathe to put them on? They are huge. I stuck one on then took it off... didn't fancy the task of shaping it by hand.
            When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

I never used a lathe mate i used a joe porper trimmer to take it down flush with the ferrule,or you could turn the cue upside down on a piece of timber and trim it flush with a NEW blade. Then i used a good quality small file to shape it. All in all it took me half an hour from start to finish. I assure you it is well worth the extra effort mate. Get it stuck back on you will love it.
              Les

Comment

Originally Posted by les147 View Post
                ... I assure you it is well worth the extra effort mate. Get it stuck back on you will love it.
                Les
                I change tips by hand all the time but looking at the size of this... Heck, I'm going to give it a go... thanks for hitting back...
                When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Only the same size as a Moori Tip. Just make sure you use a new blade and don't try to take it all off at once.

Comment

Working...
                  X