Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by frazz View Post
    Only paid entry I got for q school. In Cumbernauld now at red triangle
    Sunday nights sound a good night up there.

Comment

• Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Am looking at the black medium in Andrews shop but i cant find what size it is after reading some of this thread I would like to give it a try. I need 10mm.

Thanks for any help.
      Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
        Sunday nights sound a good night up there.
        Best club tournaments around Scotland that's for sure, good people, always busy and decent money on offer each week plus they have different events to mix it up throughout the year

Comment

• Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
          Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Am looking at the black medium in Andrews shop but i cant find what size it is after reading some of this thread I would like to give it a try. I need 10mm.

Thanks for any help.
          They are all 11mm but will cut down when fitting as required.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by f1maverick View Post
            Recently fitted an ADR147 medium tip purchased from Ebay. (Thanks ARD147)
            This is my first go at a laminated tip so very much a novice.
            Fitted the tip with no issues and looks great to me, however, in my haste I trimmed a good couple of mm off the top before shaping.
            Shaped with no issues. Whilst I am very happy with it, have I spoiled to performance of this tip by removing the top?
            For laminated tips, should I have just shaped the top to retain the thickness and if so, what possible differences would this provide?

Sorry if this was covered earlier, however I could not find anything browsing / searching.
            Thanks in advance.
            It should in theory make no difference other than reducing the lifespan.

Comment

Don't know if anyone here likes a really hard tip but if they do I'd recommend the ADR mjw tip, I've used pressed tips for about the last 6 years after using kamui black m/h before that, recently after my blue diamond tip splitting in Israel at the European championships I was struggling to get a tip that was hard enough for me to get the sound and feel that I like, after doing about 40 tips in the last week from blue diamond to grand to blue diamond plus I put an ADR mjw tip on Friday night, went down to Leicester for the q school entry event and without using one of these tips before I won the event, 3rd frame with it missed last red on 112 on max and 5th frame had 136 total clearance, the tips play superb, I think I've found my new tip after becoming fed up with pressed tips and the inconsistency that goes with them
              Congratulations on the win - they are good eh, maybe change them to a frazz tip just to confuse people

Comment

• Ok. Thanks very much for answering. I will be less gung-ho next time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  Congratulations on the win - they are good eh, maybe change them to a frazz tip just to confuse people
                  Yeah mate I liked it, literally put it on on the Friday night and travelled down on the Saturday without trying it first. I'd had them for about a year without trying them as I had been trying to stick with pressed tips but the consistency issues really bug the life out of me and have just gotten fed up even trying with them, don't think I'll go back to pressed again, the mjw was the first layered I put on and felt great straight away so I'll be sticking with them now

Comment

Yeah mate I liked it, literally put it on on the Friday night and travelled down on the Saturday without trying it first. I'd had them for about a year without trying them as I had been trying to stick with pressed tips but the consistency issues really bug the life out of me and have just gotten fed up even trying with them, don't think I'll go back to pressed again, the mjw was the first layered I put on and felt great straight away so I'll be sticking with them now
                    I like the way you go straight to the rock hard! as a general rule laminated tips are more consistent so if you can use them....

Comment

• That's the whole reason I struggle to get pressed tips I like, I need them brick hard, no movement in them, before I put them on I try dig my nail into the sides, if I can get my nail into it at all I don't even put it on. I can easily go through boxes of tips and sometimes maybe only find 1 tip I like out of it, really no good

Comment

That's the whole reason I struggle to get pressed tips I like, I need them brick hard, no movement in them, before I put them on I try dig my nail into the sides, if I can get my nail into it at all I don't even put it on. I can easily go through boxes of tips and sometimes maybe only find 1 tip I like out of it, really no good
                        we have all had a box of elks on a baking tray!

Comment

• Been there done that lol, the problem with that is the tip needs to be good to begin with for that to make any difference, don't get enough good tips in a box to make it worthwhile

Comment

Been there done that lol, the problem with that is the tip needs to be good to begin with for that to make any difference, don't get enough good tips in a box to make it worthwhile
                            Try the pressed adr tips. Highly recommended.

Comment

• They r like medium hardness, I need a lot harder than that, that's why am using the ADR mjw tip, extra hard

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                                They are all 11mm but will cut down when fitting as required.
                                Thanks Andrew I guessed it would fit so I ordered one yesterday.

John.
                                Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Working...
                                X