No announcement yet.

Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settled on Mike wooldridge supertip(old version )
    Or wooldridge red (soft)

Previously used;
    ADR tip
    Kamui tan soft
    Kamui black
    Blue diamond plus
    Aurora

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
      Well.thats what happens when new people start things they ask questions and opinions so dont bother with repling to my post or to take my cash cause as a woudnt want to spend my hard earned cash on your cues
      Looking back at my post few days later i woud like to apologise for my rant i didnt mean eny intent yous are fake or no way lying to potential customers all i ment in my question was who of you and your business partner stay in Glasgow as i olso stay there so if i was trying to do eny possible business with yous it woud be beter to no so if you exept my apologies and all the best in your new business
      All the best Stevie
      Current playing cue Trevor White
      3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
        Looking back at my post few days later i woud like to apologise for my rant i didnt mean eny intent yous are fake or no way lying to potential customers all i ment in my question was who of you and your business partner stay in Glasgow as i olso stay there so if i was trying to do eny possible business with yous it woud be beter to no so if you exept my apologies and all the best in your new business
        All the best Stevie
        Hi Stevie,

Apology 100% accepted

We'd be happy to start again and look forward to potentially doing business with you further down the line!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening

Thanks again

The HJC Team
        For all your cue needs - www.henryjackcues.co.uk
        Handmade to order in England to your specification
        Plus selection of used cues - or cue finder facility - get in touch!

Comment

Originally Posted by HJCOFFICIAL View Post
          Hi Stevie,

Apology 100% accepted

We'd be happy to start again and look forward to potentially doing business with you further down the line!

Thanks again

The HJC Team
          Good all the bsst and remember my 10% discount
          Current playing cue Trevor White
          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by HJCOFFICIAL View Post
            Hi Stevie,

Apology 100% accepted

Thanks again

The HJC Team
            If Stevie takes a shine to your cues, you could be retired in a couple of years, the amount of cues he buys
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Original kamui black in medium (hologram).
              Since the new versions came out, its increasingly difficult to source these. They were Imo the best tips I've ever used. The new types are completely useless. As are all these other alternatives, without naming them. They just don't have the right compression for me. Even Kamui didn't know when they were onto a good thing, obviously!!!

Will try to find a close substitute...
              Last edited by inevermissblue; 22 January 2017, 08:57 PM.
              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
              https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Lp m .............

Comment

Last month tried Phoenix tip Black (M), pressed for a day and installed.
                  After afew sessions and trimming, no need to touch the tip again. Going well till now, very satisfy with the tip.
                  Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~ :snooker:

Comment

I've used both Talisman soft's and Elks,*I've*found that Elks*give*a better feel if a good one can be found but if a bad one is fitted or*shaped too aggressively when first fitted they tend to break up and become a problem or at least a*concern which isn't good where snookers concerned. Talisman are dependable and do not require much attention after initial fitting and if you can get past the "pinging" noise*they*create they are IMO a good choice ....

I have however just purchased another cue, a phoenix unity which has a pro Elk fitted, the cue has a 9.8 tip size as opposed to the 9.4 on my supreme and after playing 10 frames with it I'm very impressed with the tip and the cue ....

Comment

Tips

Talisman m have had it on for 6 half months

Comment

pro granite, i just love that i won't miscue with it

Comment

Pro Granite , do you find them to be quite a hard tip ?
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I have always said that a good elk is good enough for most top pros so its good enough for anyone.

I know finding a good elk can sometimes be tough, but if you buy a box you should find at least a 1/3 will be good enough. I find it a little strange that Ronnie was finding the elks going too hard, I thought the opposite was mostly the problem these days with many of them being too soft.
                            I've fitted that many tips that I am able to pick out what I need, whether the player wants a soft, medium or hard just by feel and pressing my nail into the side wall.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              Pro Granite , do you find them to be quite a hard tip ?
                              They are hard but compared to the laminated tips not as harsh IMO, a different type of hard if there was such a thing.

They are more of a pain to shape once re-tipped though being so firm and quite thick. I recently re-tipped a friends cue with a Grand soft, straight after doing my pro granite. The Grand tip isn't as thick and is so much easier to shape too.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                                I have always said that a good elk is good enough for most top pros so its good enough for anyone.

I know finding a good elk can sometimes be tough, but if you buy a box you should find at least a 1/3 will be good enough. I find it a little strange that Ronnie was finding the elks going too hard, I thought the opposite was mostly the problem these days with many of them being too soft.
                                I've fitted that many tips that I am able to pick out what I need, whether the player wants a soft, medium or hard just by feel and pressing my nail into the side wall.
                                The last time I used elks I fitted 5 in a row before I found one that was ok. Time wise that makes them expensive and the elk pros - which are good btw actually are expensive!
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X