Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    The last time I used elks I fitted 5 in a row before I found one that was ok. Time wise that makes them expensive and the elk pros - which are good btw actually are expensive!
    I always found that the top layer in a box of elks are usually bad, however the last couple of boxes I've had the bottom 25 have mostly all been good enough for the needs of the players I've put them on for.

I appreciate you go through a lot more boxes than most though so perhaps you are more likely to come across problems with tips more often than most people.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
      I always found that the top layer in a box of elks are usually bad, however the last couple of boxes I've had the bottom 25 have mostly all been good enough for the needs of the players I've put them on for.

I appreciate you go through a lot more boxes than most though so perhaps you are more likely to come across problems with tips more often than most people.
      I think the truth is the quality has dipped - when I was a kid a box of elks was about £15-£20 and now 30 year later it is the same.......
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

The last time I used elks I fitted 5 in a row before I found one that was ok. Time wise that makes them expensive and the elk pros - which are good btw actually are expensive!
        Do you just stick them on Andy or compress a little? Since I've compressed Elks I get very few moans and remember how much each player likes their compression at to do for next time.

If I fit them straight out of the box it's a lottery.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
          Do you just stick them on Andy or compress a little? Since I've compressed Elks I get very few moans and remember how much each player likes their compression at to do for next time.

If I fit them straight out of the box it's a lottery.
          the pros don't need it - I am not sufficiently organised to compress them in advance!

Comment

the pros don't need it - I am not sufficiently organised to compress them in advance!
            Made me laugh mate!

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy32 View Post
              Settled on Mike wooldridge supertip(old version )
              Or wooldridge red (soft)

Previously used;
              ADR tip
              Kamui tan soft
              Kamui black
              Blue diamond plus
              Aurora

im currently using the new supertips how do they differ from the soft tips (red)

Comment

Makes well difference what cue you play with , though ,
                IMO, every player have to try few diff tips until he finds one which suits his playing cue.
                This may sounds strange, but I've seen a cue which was dead (with no response), we did put one of those ADR tips on it and the playability of the cue was totally changed.

On another note , my brother plays with ADR147 cue. after putting one of those ADR tips on it , he had to change it cuz the cue was too responsive.
                I treid few shots with that cue and it was almost impossible to controle the CB.

Different tips react differently to diff cues, IMO.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                  Made me laugh mate!
                  it is the truth!

Comment

it is the truth!
                    I'm sure you're more organised than you think.

Comment

Elk master

Comment

Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post
                        im currently using the new supertips how do they differ from the soft tips (red)
                        I have tried the new supertips and just couldnt get along with them, found them too hard , mikes old supertips were perfect mix of response and grip,and lasted months of use for snooker and pool.
                        I would say even the new red ones are spfter than mikes old supertip, but i use a tip compressor now which really helps make them firmer from the start.
                        One thing i forgot to mention is that i use kamui chalk which makes the tip grip the cue ball amazing(23 pounds well spent :-))
                        One thing to mention is that it also depends on the cue you have , matching tips to cues can make all the dfference,

Comment

Used blue diamond, Elkmaster, Talisman (had at least 3 de-laminate), Kamui MH (far too hard I know you can get softer versions), ADR (took it off after 20 mins just didn't like it). I've been on the Buffalo Diamond for over 12 months. My favourite tip of that list.
                          Last edited by I just want a ton!; 30 January 2017, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Blue diamond are good , would also suggest trying blue diamond plus

Comment

How many type of blue diamond tip in the market? And how about blue diamond plus?

Comment

Brunswick blue diamond-firmer feel than the tweteens blue diamond plus .

Tweetens blue diamond plus- consistent and gives lots of feel ,more consistent than the original blue diamonds.

Only down to what I've tried but depends much on your cue also.
                                Lost count of the money spent on trying tips until I find one that feels just right and lasts long enough .

Comment

Working...
                                X