Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travisbickle
    replied
    Does anyone know the reason why this Taom chalk is so expensive??
    It's only chalk after all, unless it has gold dust mixed in with it!!!

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Just a heads up for anyone interested in trying this Taom chalk. Andrew received his delivery and posted it on Facebook, says it's going to sell out pretty quick so get messaging.
    This is true - 48 bits arrived today 16 left!

Leave a comment:

• markz
    replied
    Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    I have 48 bits on the way after a few pros told me that combined with my tips they get no kicks at all. it is not cheap though!
    Just a heads up for anyone interested in trying this Taom chalk. Andrew received his delivery and posted it on Facebook, says it's going to sell out pretty quick so get messaging.

Leave a comment:

• Vitikka
    replied
    Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
    Wouldn't this only apply if both players were using the same chalk? assuming your opponent uses regular triangle chalk would you not get kicks from their chalk residue on the balls?

Be interested to see how you get on with it.
    Wonder that myself.
    Yeah, it does not help that much if other is using normal chalk.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
    Wouldn't this only apply if both players were using the same chalk? assuming your opponent uses regular triangle chalk would you not get kicks from their chalk residue on the balls?

Wonder that myself.

Leave a comment:

• qc2
    replied
    I have 48 bits on the way after a few pros told me that combined with my tips they get no kicks at all. it is not cheap though!

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    I'm just using a basic elk. I like the fact it's round instead of a cube, I can mess the top up of a square piece of chalk within a few sessions and becomes annoying to use. This wears evenly as its round and I reckon one piece may last me 12 months. I was daft enough to try kamui chalk which was crap and 10 quid dearer than the taom. Think for the benefits it's worth the initial outlay.
    I tied the kamui it was junk like putty but from what I hear the Taom is very good but still expensive.

Leave a comment:

• markz
    replied
    I'm just using a basic elk. I like the fact it's round instead of a cube, I can mess the top up of a square piece of chalk within a few sessions and becomes annoying to use. This wears evenly as its round and I reckon one piece may last me 12 months. I was daft enough to try kamui chalk which was crap and 10 quid dearer than the taom. Think for the benefits it's worth the initial outlay.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    I managed to get a couple of pieces of Taom chalk for a decent price. Only used it for an hour last night but first impression is that it's the best chalk I've used. Felt like it gave good grip on shots, no chalk transfer to cue ball or cloth, no kicks but it was only an hour and I think a single block will last a fair amount of time.

Leave a comment:

• markz
    replied
    Originally Posted by Vitikka View Post
    Yes it is super expensive but pro's who tried it seems to like it very much.
    https://twitter.com/MattSelt/status/892013298593517568
    https://twitter.com/robhull_/status/882209887031316480
    I managed to get a couple of pieces of Taom chalk for a decent price. Only used it for an hour last night but first impression is that it's the best chalk I've used. Felt like it gave good grip on shots, no chalk transfer to cue ball or cloth, no kicks but it was only an hour and I think a single block will last a fair amount of time.

Leave a comment:

• Mellow Yellow
    replied
    masters green for me on an ADR tip. no need to chalk every shot, which is good for me as i often forget anyway!!!

i have a couple (i think) of the triangle spruce blocks going spare if anyone needs them? (pm me) its too thick for my liking and marks the cueball a lot in my opinion.

I'll be stocking up again and going for the masters green again.

Leave a comment:

• Dredd46
    replied
    Went for some Masters Blue in the end. Wait & see how i get on with it.

Leave a comment:

• Yogiadobe
    replied
    It's Masters Green for me.

Leave a comment:

• AmarZain
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    The Triangle Green and Spruce chalk are made with the same ingredients apart from the colourant.
    But the two chalks are different in their playing characteristics, I find the Spruce is less dusty and goes on easily and stays on longer than Green, does not mark the cue ball as much (not that Green marks much either).
    I use Triangle Spruce on pressed tips, apparently people have not liked it on laminated tips; Master chalk is better suited for lams I have found.
    Thank you.

Will try getting hold of some

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by AmarZain View Post
    Lots of mention of the triangle spruce chalk

Can someone please tell me what the different is bwteen the spruce and the normal triangle chalk?
    The Triangle Green and Spruce chalk are made with the same ingredients apart from the colourant.
    But the two chalks are different in their playing characteristics, I find the Spruce is less dusty and goes on easily and stays on longer than Green, does not mark the cue ball as much (not that Green marks much either).
    I use Triangle Spruce on pressed tips, apparently people have not liked it on laminated tips; Master chalk is better suited for lams I have found.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X