X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dredd46
    replied
    Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
    So I can get a box of 144 blocks of Green Master chalk for £27 or 1 block of this brand that I've never heard of for $19.
    I know where my money would be going
    Shirley the one block of precious for $19

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Well I tried the Pewter Silver Cup.

Looks great on the cloth as it gives a grey\green thing, not too dissimilar to the Master Green.

That is as good as it gets

my aged eyes struggled to see if there was any\much on the tip (admittedly I don't wear my bi-focals for snooker so I can;t see the tip properly without looking over\under the spex);
    they seem to have "channelled" Barnes Wallace in designing this stuff as the white was bouncing all over the place - I do mean jumping when hit low enough to get more than a holding few inches of screw.

So, OK, another good point: if you want Chalk for a Jump Cue, it ROCKS.

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    I like the Triangle spruce, but am down to my last block.

Anyone got a source that isn't USA ?

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    Originally Posted by Vitikka View Post
    Imo best chalk there is https://www.seyberts.com/taom-cue-chalk-green, eliminates kicks almost complete and keeps your table clean.
    Sadly super expensive.
    So I can get a box of 144 blocks of Green Master chalk for £27 or 1 block of this brand that I've never heard of for $19.
    I know where my money would be going

Leave a comment:

• Vitikka
    replied
    Imo best chalk there is https://www.seyberts.com/taom-cue-chalk-green, eliminates kicks almost complete and keeps your table clean.
    Sadly super expensive.

Leave a comment:

• Dredd46
    replied
    Well so far it seems we have

Masters Green
    Masters Grey
    Silver Cup
    Triangle Spruce

This seems a crazy price for a lot of chalk 144 cubes = £27.50
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-BOX-OF-1...19.m1438.l2649

Triangle Spruce seems U.S. only supplier? Makes it a costly option.

Decisons decisions

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post

I'm going with the theory that the darker colours are the problem ones.... (And at 30p a cube, it's hardly an issue.) They do a mixed Box, but I bottled out of that, similarly the Olive or Spruce.

On a slightly serious point: Some colours will be more visible on the cloth\ball\cue etc than others: and just because it is not visible, doesn't mean that it isn't there....
    of course a black will stand out on a green cloth than a green chalk, but this was a huge increase of black/red chalk everywhere, much more so than usual Triangle/Master green/spruce (event their blue chalk).
    And it transferred to your hands from the cloth, yucky stuff
    And the cue ball was covered.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Over the years a couple of friends have tried different colours; one was black and the other red - absolutely horrendous, poor application on the tip, poor longevity on the tip, lots of dust on the cue, marked the cue ball big time, left obvious and hard to remove marks on the cloth.
    Not that they were asked to leave the club but there was a lot of frowning and tutting, but after both were asked to constantly clean the balls and cloths, they both stopped

I'm going with the theory that the darker colours are the problem ones.... (And at 30p a cube, it's hardly an issue.) They do a mixed Box, but I bottled out of that, similarly the Olive or Spruce.

On a slightly serious point: Some colours will be more visible on the cloth\ball\cue etc than others: and just because it is not visible, doesn't mean that it isn't there....

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Over the years a couple of friends have tried different colours; one was black and the other red - absolutely horrendous, poor application on the tip, poor longevity on the tip, lots of dust on the cue, marked the cue ball big time, left obvious and hard to remove marks on the cloth.
    Not that they were asked to leave the club but there was a lot of frowning and tutting, but after both were asked to constantly clean the balls and cloths, they both stopped

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    I've ordered the Pewter, which is almost Silver as in Silver Cup

I'll report back early next week

Leave a comment:

• Ninja.cues
    replied
    Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
    Silver cup green is great .....the blue is no-good though (sticks to the cueball after a few shots
    Well I've just ordered some Silver cup green, so will see...

Leave a comment:

• Catch 22
    replied
    I switched from the Pro stuff to Masters Green today (I got most\all off the tip): I think paying wise the Masters is better with a TS Long Ba tip.

The Pro stuff does stick to the CB, but doesn't seem to leave much on the table: but the Masters left loads of lines from shots, a good, solid dot then a thinning tail, like a Comet

I think I'll give the Silver Cup a go, but which colour? Is it established that the darker dye is the pain with chalk and CB?
    Silver cup green is great .....the blue is no-good though (sticks to the cueball after a few shots

Leave a comment:

• Dredd46
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    At my previous club you would get thrown out for not using green chalk
    Sounds like it was a fun club

Leave a comment:

• Ninja.cues
    replied
    I switched from the Pro stuff to Masters Green today (I got most\all off the tip): I think paying wise the Masters is better with a TS Long Ba tip.

The Pro stuff does stick to the CB, but doesn't seem to leave much on the table: but the Masters left loads of lines from shots, a good, solid dot then a thinning tail, like a Comet

I think I'll give the Silver Cup a go, but which colour? Is it established that the darker dye is the pain with chalk and CB?
    I didn't like the pro stuff when playing pool as I got so many kicks with it...
    Stopped using it and not get as many now

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X