X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    you need a sharp knife!
    Originally Posted by Bulkie View Post
    Always use a brand new blade when retipping.
    I'm on a new blade in a pen knife. I gave up a few hours back when after 1 hour of slicing, I can't even get to the middle marking I made.

I'm hoping the Tailsman medium I ordered from Green Baize is not gonna be that hard. If it is, its gonna be a huge issue for me to remove the excess tip.

Comment

• Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
      I'm on a new blade in a pen knife. I gave up a few hours back when after 1 hour of slicing, I can't even get to the middle marking I made.

I'm hoping the Tailsman medium I ordered from Green Baize is not gonna be that hard. If it is, its gonna be a huge issue for me to remove the excess tip.
      Hmm something sounds really wrong here. How did you managed not to get the excess of the desired size off after an hour of slicing? If the blade is brand new (I am assuming not a thick blade), u should be able to trim the excess off in a few minutes.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bulkie View Post
        Hmm something sounds really wrong here. How did you managed not to get the excess of the desired size off after an hour of slicing? If the blade is brand new (I am assuming not a thick blade), u should be able to trim the excess off in a few minutes.
        Frankly speaking, I have no idea why too. I glued the tip and then turn the shaft upside down and tried to trim the excess off but I don't know whether its the issue with my pen knife or the tip, I just can't punch the blade through the tip. After like an hour, I gave up and used a plier to remove the tip. Apparently I kinda damaged the tip I think because of some small holes I've made while trying to trim it. Luckily it was free from my friend otherwise my wallet would feel the pain.

I'm now waiting for my Tailsman medium though. In the mean time, I'll go around my hardware shop to source for a sharp knife. Looked through ADR's guide to see what tools he's using, I'll hunt for a scalpel tomorrow then.

Comment

• Ohh. Just realized that ADR actually sells the H2 tip that he recommended. Shall get a few pieces from him after I'm done with my Tailsman.

Comment

Ohh. Just realized that ADR actually sells the H2 tip that he recommended. Shall get a few pieces from him after I'm done with my Tailsman.
            he does sometimes - if it takes you and hour to trim the tip something is wrong buy a swann morton scalpel.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

he does sometimes - if it takes you and hour to trim the tip something is wrong buy a swann morton scalpel.
              I just checked the net. Apparently in SG, there's only 1 distro selling this and it ain't cheap. I'm still a student, my wallet definitely can't afford this.

I used the same tool as this guy in the video. I'm wondering how he manage to go through the tip so easily. I checked with my friend and also the net, the tip he gave me is not fake though.

Comment

Don't mind helping me with this ADR. If given a choice, which one would you recommend? Not the whole set type please.

http://www.hobbybounties.com/servlet...&cmbcatlist=13

Comment

Frankly speaking, I have no idea why too. I glued the tip and then turn the shaft upside down and tried to trim the excess off but I don't know whether its the issue with my pen knife or the tip, I just can't punch the blade through the tip. After like an hour, I gave up and used a plier to remove the tip. Apparently I kinda damaged the tip I think because of some small holes I've made while trying to trim it. Luckily it was free from my friend otherwise my wallet would feel the pain.

I'm now waiting for my Tailsman medium though. In the mean time, I'll go around my hardware shop to source for a sharp knife. Looked through ADR's guide to see what tools he's using, I'll hunt for a scalpel tomorrow then.
                  I think a sharper blade would have done it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bulkie View Post
                    I think a sharper blade would have done it.
                    As recommended by ADR, I went to look at scalpels just now. Damn, its more expensive than pen knifes. I didn't buy it in the end. I'll see how it goes when my Tailsman arrive. If its as hard as the Kamui + I'm unable to trim the excess, I'll bring it to the local cue shop for installation. Abit heart pain though, he charges SGD10.70 for retipping.

Comment

• As Andrew says, a scalpel is best but if its too expensive, then a simple Stanley knife or box cutter should do the trick no problem. My experience in tip fitting has told me that Talismans are a bit harder to cut than kamui.
                      Forget about pen knives and get a Stanley blade. A sharp new one will do the trick no problem.
                      "Don't think, feel"

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
                        As Andrew says, a scalpel is best but if its too expensive, then a simple Stanley knife or box cutter should do the trick no problem. My experience in tip fitting has told me that Talismans are a bit harder to cut than kamui.
                        Forget about pen knives and get a Stanley blade. A sharp new one will do the trick no problem.
                        Wah this is bad news.

Comment

• I already bought a Stanley heavy duty blade and I still can't trim the excess. Something is really wrong.

Comment

I already bought a Stanley heavy duty blade and I still can't trim the excess. Something is really wrong.
                            it sounds wrong - try a pencil sharpener?
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

it sounds wrong - try a pencil sharpener?
                              Would adding water to the tip makes it easy to slice through? I couldn't find a pencil sharpener that has a diameter of 14mm. Max I've seen was 12mm.

Comment

Would adding water to the tip makes it easy to slice through? I couldn't find a pencil sharpener that has a diameter of 14mm. Max I've seen was 12mm.
                                Are u using the blade in a downward only motion? Or are you slicing it sideways as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X