X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Dave_marsy View Post
    I have just ordered two blocks of the spruce ...from eBay
    i will give it a go
    Cool. I did offer to send some to you for free though. Nevermind.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave_marsy View Post
      I have just ordered two blocks of the spruce ...from eBay
      i will give it a go
      Where did you order it from? Also be careful, the (relatively) new Tweeten Triangle Pro chalk is also coloured and called spruce but is different from the Triangle (not Pro) chalk; made and plays differently.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

I think being new to TSF he did not pickup on the offer

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

Hey could I buy some from you please. I have been trying other chalks recently, regular triangle, triangle Pro light and dark and master chalk. Nothing comes close to the old but golden triangle spruce

Comment

Hi there, I am having the same problems with the Triangle (not pro), it does not stick to my tips anymore. I would like to try the Russian Magic -- can I buy a dozen cubes from those of you having some in the UK?

Comment

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
              Hi there, I am having the same problems with the Triangle (not pro), it does not stick to my tips anymore. I would like to try the Russian Magic -- can I buy a dozen cubes from those of you having some in the UK?
              You probably don't want to buy a dozen before you've tried it as it isn't cheap.

https://www.snookercrazy.com/shop/pr...n-magic-chalk/
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

You probably don't want to buy a dozen before you've tried it as it isn't cheap.

https://www.snookercrazy.com/shop/pr...n-magic-chalk/
                O-ho, more than Β£6 per cube? Worth a second thought. By the way, what is the "spruce" mentioned as a possible alternative in previous posts? I haven't understood which brand / type of chalk the discussion was about... Anyway, thanks for heads up Schockerz!

Comment

O-ho, more than Β£6 per cube? Worth a second thought. By the way, what is the "spruce" mentioned as a possible alternative in previous posts? I haven't understood which brand / type of chalk the discussion was about... Anyway, thanks for heads up Schockerz!
                  Spruce is regular Triangle, but darker green. It's not that easy to find, until you realise many sellers just call it 'dark green'. Once you know that, it's easy to source, and you can pick up a dozen for a fiver. I find it moister than regular triangle, so it adheres to the tip better. Handy for harder laminated tips.

Comment

No problem, not cheap. Lots of different chalks around so soon it will become as confusing as tips no doubt!

Comment

I use G1 soft tip and Master Chalk. It holds chalk well.

Comment

Why do people like Triangle spruce? The residue is filth compared to normal light green. What's the reason for buying this instead? Dean I bought a box because you like it it may be coming your way......
                        βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

I still use Triangle Spruce, I don't know what you mean by "residue" but I find it stays on the tip (pressed not laminate) very well without clumping, does not transfer to cue ball much, and does not leave dust everywhere like most other chalk - triangle green and many others.
                          I think, like many chalk, it really does depend on the tip as well to get a good combination. I am currently using a MW SuperTip (old stock) and it works very well.
                          Previously I had old stock Elk and worked well but when tried with a Hercules and an other laminate (cant recall the make) it did not.

In VERY general terms I have found that Triangle works well with pressed tips, Master works well with laminate tips.
                          Last edited by DeanH; 23 July 2021, 11:58 PM.

Comment

I've worked out if I go back to using my magnetic chalk holder the mess on jeans is much better. By residue I mean when you wipe your cue down after a session at the club, on a white cloth it really does show how much grime sticks to your cue.

On the plus side it does go on and stay on a pressed tip well and grip is very good too so I will persevere and stop being a tart.

Comment

I always find the topic of chalk interesting and soon it will become as complicated as which tip to buy.

I use either a Century G2 or a Taylor Made Soft tip on the cues I have and both are fine with chalk. I understand that over time tips can almost shine as grip diminishes.

If grip eventually starts to fade slightly I just use a tip pricker to roughen the surface as it doesn't remove any of the tip like sandpaper.

Standard Triangle has always worked with every tip I've used and I've used most chalks without seeing substantially more benefit and being in the trade I could get the extra benefits for cost price but, Triangle works for me.

People like what they like and that's fine because if your head is happy with it then stick with it and don't change as you'll just introduce doubt. The Russian Chalk sells well on the website but I can't get used to chalking less so no benefit to me as it'll build up unwanted chalk on the cue ball.

Each to their own but the tip pricker makes the biggest difference for me when the tip gets a little older.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                                I always find the topic of chalk interesting and soon it will become as complicated as which tip to buy.

I use either a Century G2 or a Taylor Made Soft tip on the cues I have and both are fine with chalk. I understand that over time tips can almost shine as grip diminishes.

If grip eventually starts to fade slightly I just use a tip pricker to roughen the surface as it doesn't remove any of the tip like sandpaper.

Standard Triangle has always worked with every tip I've used and I've used most chalks without seeing substantially more benefit and being in the trade I could get the extra benefits for cost price but, Triangle works for me.

People like what they like and that's fine because if your head is happy with it then stick with it and don't change as you'll just introduce doubt. The Russian Chalk sells well on the website but I can't get used to chalking less so no benefit to me as it'll build up unwanted chalk on the cue ball.

Each to their own but the tip pricker makes the biggest difference for me when the tip gets a little older.
                                I'm the same with that Russian stuff, dropped it pretty quick after trying it for the same reason, from habit I continued to chalk the same rate and put blue dots all over the cue ball!!

Interesting about the Taylor made tips, it's all very subjective but since I bought a Tom Classic cue and found that I love the stock tips he uses, I've managed to buy more from Darren Lowe. Great tips feel like a good elk to me but somehow even better. It's personal and different for everyone, but would be interested to know what you think if you can get some off him too, they are cheap as chips, he charged me Β£12 to deliver 10 tips.

Comment

Working...
                                X