Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip of choice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

    No surprise I guess Andrew, I'm sure you know exactly how decent those tips are then.
    And who makes them
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post

      And who makes them
      Why all the mystique lol?

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

        Why all the mystique lol?
        No mystique just not my business fella.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

        Comment


        • #64
          Hey guys!

          Tell me, the snooker players whitch tip types preffered (or better?)? soft, medium or hard
          I'm hobby player.
          I use BCE JWS.100 cue with original tip for long time.
          A few weeks ago change the tip to Elk Master soft. I play with it and I didn't feel anything special.
          A guided by a sudden idea, change the tip to Le Professionel hard tip and I hate every shoots. It was too direct feelings to me. As if it were the handle of a broomπŸ™„
          The medium tips what it feels like? I have one IBS Diamond medium tip, I dare to try it or similar fellings like hard tip?😁


          sorry this bad english..

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally Posted by Met75 View Post
            Hey guys!

            Tell me, the snooker players whitch tip types preffered (or better?)? soft, medium or hard
            I'm hobby player.
            I use BCE JWS.100 cue with original tip for long time.
            A few weeks ago change the tip to Elk Master soft. I play with it and I didn't feel anything special.
            A guided by a sudden idea, change the tip to Le Professionel hard tip and I hate every shoots. It was too direct feelings to me. As if it were the handle of a broomπŸ™„
            The medium tips what it feels like? I have one IBS Diamond medium tip, I dare to try it or similar fellings like hard tip?😁


            sorry this bad english..
            ADR147 pressed medium tips. My preferred choice.

            Comment


            • #66
              I've been down the rabbit hole a little.

              I'm using an ADR lamb skin at the moment. Which is a little harder than I am used to. But its got very good grip and holds triangle chalk just fine. ( Which has made me question what I thought I knew about tips in the past)
              when I've tried other people cues with hard tips, I've found it hard to screw and had to chalk every shot. Also too hard an the donk sound isn't pleasing.πŸ˜„

              Before than I tried G1, cue soul soft and always elks before that.
              really didn't get on with the cue soul tips.
              I've never had a bad elk. Just one that was a little too soft or a little too hard. They're so cheap that if your fitting them yourself it's not an issue to pull on off. They also seem to like a bit of sand paper every no and then.

              Comment


              • #67



                That's the ADR tip fitted. They start off white but end up black when shaped.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Has anyone heard bad reports on century tip quality?
                  No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally Posted by JC_snooker_37 View Post



                    That's the ADR tip fitted. They start off white but end up black when shaped.
                    Nicely done. Just round it up on the top and burnish the sides after and you are all set.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

                      Nicely done. Just round it up on the top and burnish the sides after and you are all set.


                      Just for the picture. I did polish the sides when I put it on. But then I got a little aggressive with some sand paper while I was playing.

                      That's about as round as I like it. I tent to add too much side with a domed tip.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        Has anyone heard bad reports on century tip quality?


                        I'm starting to get a little collection. Elk, cue soul, century G1 and then ADR.


                        ​​​​​The G1 seemed to need the face sanding a few times. But when it was right. It's the most spin I've ever been able to generate. I would like to try a G2 and g3.
                        but I've no reason or interest in taking this ADR off.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          ADR makes his own tips does he does he make cues too?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X