Tip of choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

No surprise I guess Andrew, I'm sure you know exactly how decent those tips are then.
    And who makes them
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post

And who makes them
      Why all the mystique lol?

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Why all the mystique lol?
        No mystique just not my business fella.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hey guys!

Tell me, the snooker players whitch tip types preffered (or better?)? soft, medium or hard
          I'm hobby player.
          I use BCE JWS.100 cue with original tip for long time.
          A few weeks ago change the tip to Elk Master soft. I play with it and I didn't feel anything special.
          A guided by a sudden idea, change the tip to Le Professionel hard tip and I hate every shoots. It was too direct feelings to me. As if it were the handle of a broom🙄
          The medium tips what it feels like? I have one IBS Diamond medium tip, I dare to try it or similar fellings like hard tip?😁

sorry this bad english..

Comment

Originally Posted by Met75 View Post
            Hey guys!

Tell me, the snooker players whitch tip types preffered (or better?)? soft, medium or hard
            I'm hobby player.
            I use BCE JWS.100 cue with original tip for long time.
            A few weeks ago change the tip to Elk Master soft. I play with it and I didn't feel anything special.
            A guided by a sudden idea, change the tip to Le Professionel hard tip and I hate every shoots. It was too direct feelings to me. As if it were the handle of a broom🙄
            The medium tips what it feels like? I have one IBS Diamond medium tip, I dare to try it or similar fellings like hard tip?😁

sorry this bad english..
            ADR147 pressed medium tips. My preferred choice.

Comment

I've been down the rabbit hole a little.

I'm using an ADR lamb skin at the moment. Which is a little harder than I am used to. But its got very good grip and holds triangle chalk just fine. ( Which has made me question what I thought I knew about tips in the past)
              when I've tried other people cues with hard tips, I've found it hard to screw and had to chalk every shot. Also too hard an the donk sound isn't pleasing.😄

Before than I tried G1, cue soul soft and always elks before that.
              really didn't get on with the cue soul tips.
              I've never had a bad elk. Just one that was a little too soft or a little too hard. They're so cheap that if your fitting them yourself it's not an issue to pull on off. They also seem to like a bit of sand paper every no and then.

Comment

That's the ADR tip fitted. They start off white but end up black when shaped.

Comment

Has anyone heard bad reports on century tip quality?
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by JC_snooker_37 View Post

That's the ADR tip fitted. They start off white but end up black when shaped.
                    Nicely done. Just round it up on the top and burnish the sides after and you are all set.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Nicely done. Just round it up on the top and burnish the sides after and you are all set.

Just for the picture. I did polish the sides when I put it on. But then I got a little aggressive with some sand paper while I was playing.

That's about as round as I like it. I tent to add too much side with a domed tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        Has anyone heard bad reports on century tip quality?

I'm starting to get a little collection. Elk, cue soul, century G1 and then ADR.

​​​​​The G1 seemed to need the face sanding a few times. But when it was right. It's the most spin I've ever been able to generate. I would like to try a G2 and g3.
                        but I've no reason or interest in taking this ADR off.

Comment

ADR makes his own tips does he does he make cues too?

Comment

Hey guys,

How much is its "lifetime" for Elk Master (normal, blue, soft) tip?
                            After the first few frame I have modified the shape and I play 20-25 frame with.
                            Yesterday I looking the tip and it is flat and thin.
                            This is the end?
                            The more expensive and/or laminated tips (Kamui, Taom, Talisman etc.) more durable?

Comment

Originally Posted by bobgrant View Post
                              ADR makes his own tips does he does he make cues too?
                              He is a retailer, he sources top quality cuemakers from Thailand and China (possibly elsewhere?) and has some cues made for him.
                              I have only heard good things about them.
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Met75 View Post
                                Hey guys,

How much is its "lifetime" for Elk Master (normal, blue, soft) tip?
                                After the first few frame I have modified the shape and I play 20-25 frame with.
                                Yesterday I looking the tip and it is flat and thin.
                                This is the end?
                                The more expensive and/or laminated tips (Kamui, Taom, Talisman etc.) more durable?
                                Elkmaster have gone downhill over the last couple of years ,it used to be a few duff ones in a box ,now it seems it’s a box full of duff ones with a couple of decent tips .I can’t be arsed with them any more ,constantly changing tips just to find one that isn’t soft or bends out of shape .Rather pay a few quid more for quality control with the century G3 .Thanks Elkmaster and Bollox to your tips

Comment

Working...
                                X