Snookerspex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Yeah saw Steve’s video. There’s a lot of good information provided in the 2 videos. For me it demonstrates how important it is to buy the right specs and get them fitted properly so that they fit correctly on your face. Buying a pair of specs off e-bay is not an option IMO although might be ok for some folk.
    Who would have thought that there was something called pupillary distance which needs to be considered? Steve mentions it in his video.
    In Barry’s video he explains that for some folk the lenses may need to be extra deep. This was the case with me. I found with cheap e-bay specs I was looking over the top of the lense. Chris at SnookerSpex made my lenses extra deep, 57mm I think, and they’re fine. I chose the Blue Baron style cos I thought they looked the nicest.
    Worth noting that Steve says glasses will never be as good as contact lenses so if you can get used to them that’s the way to go. For me I could never get used to putting them in. Too fiddly!
    Barton Snooker on YouTube has an interesting and informative video about Snookerspex

Comment

Titled " Snooker Sight is Important " ( Barton Snooker ) He has about 5 different pairs of specs on the table .

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post

Barton Snooker on YouTube has an interesting and informative video about Snookerspex
        Yes that’s the one John Flaf and myself were referring to. Steve Barton.

Comment

Well i've had about 4 sessions with my new Snooker specs now.
          Brilliant.
          I can clearly see 3/4 length+ shots without obstruction from frames or looking through the top most part of the lense.
          It does take 10 mins or so for my eyes to adjust to the lenses as the focus is a bit different to my normal glasses.
          A winner.
          cheers

Comment

Thanks for the update, I’m glad they are working for you .

Ive yet to send my new prescription off to Chris. As expected both long and short sight has gone downhill thanks to be an old git with saggy eye muscles I’m told .

My prescription is 1.5 which means nothing to me but no doubt will to Chris at Snookerspex ...

Comment

I ordered mine. Have to get my eye sight checked and send the prescription along with the images next. Any advice for me before the specs are made? I see a few have used them specs earlier. Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                I ordered mine. Have to get my eye sight checked and send the prescription along with the images next. Any advice for me before the specs are made? I see a few have used them specs earlier. Thanks.
                Which ones have you ordered? I got the Blue Barron. I had mine made with a frame depth of 57mm. I think the normal depth is 55mm but I found that I could still see the top of the lense when I was down on the shot. When you get your specs you might have to pop into a local optician to get them adjusted so they’re sitting correctly on your face.

Comment

As Nifty says go for the taller lens height, I've just upgraded mine after a prescription change and find them to be much better, blue baron as well.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Thanks guys. I ordered the basic model, the 85 something quid one. I went to a general eye store, they checked and could not get the exact numbers for my vision and suggested a doctor's appointment where they test the eyes by adding some solution to them.
                    Last edited by fkhan; 20 August 2022, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                      As Nifty says go for the taller lens height, I've just upgraded mine after a prescription change and find them to be much better, blue baron as well.
                      I think I mentioned on the forum about getting yourself a sports prescription specifically for snooker, that would work at a general optician but please do not do this with Chris at snookerspex as he already makes the adjustment needed from the general prescription he receives. I made this mistake and couldn't see a bloody thing when my specs arrived with my new lenses last week , thankfully Chris has offered to rectify this at no extra charge, diamond geezer
                      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I was getting headaches after twenty minutes of play. Went down to Tewkesbury to see Chris got measured up and had my glasses within the week. Never had a headache since and can play for as long as I like now. I didn't order them, I ordered a slightly cheaper pair that Chris recommended, but he sent me the Barry Stark ones. I didn't really feel any adjustment to my game was needed although it took a bit of fiddling to get them sitting just right and just to generally used to wearing specs.
                        ​​​​​
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I did a video a little while ago about my journey with poor eyesight and what I'd tried.

https://youtu.be/pq2htdcMBlY?si=312qKwiIhG_SSWAm
                          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                          X