martin chesworth snooker cues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
    went to martins shop for a new tip, he was very busy but did my tip immediately, nice guy, very friendly.

saw a fantastic trevor white cue on his cue rack, tried a few shots with it, it was out of this world, but was priced at 675 for a ebony butt with a facing splice of snakewood on a thick maple veneer, trevor would make the same cue for about 350
    damn it i have been undercharging again.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I think people have got this completely wrong if I am honest. Yes martin Chesworth used to work for craftmans in the 1980s where he started making cues. However, over the recent years Martin has not had much time to make his own cues with him having the shop, so would rather sell you a mastercue. However, because someone has seem Martin coming out of craftmans with some cues unbadged don't mean he ain't made them. I know for a fact that Martin still makes his own cues and yes people may have seen him coming out of craftmans that's because Martin sometimes uses their workshop as him and save at craftmans are still very good friends. Martin cue making skills is second to none they are well made and also play extremely well. To be honest they are probably better made than some of the top brands out there. But also let's looh at this does everyone on here think that everyone else makes all there own cues because if you do you are completely wrong, john parris, Trevor White, mike wooldridge they all don't make there own cues they just finish a lot of them off being them made someone else. Everyone in the snooker business does it so why does it matter as long as it is made to the standard that is required. If you want a cue making your actually probably better going to martins or someone like robin cook or Stamford cues as 99% of there stuff is made by them which is a higher percentage than the rest.

Comment

Originally Posted by 147snookerking View Post
        .....does everyone on here think that everyone else makes all there own cues because if you do you are completely wrong, john parris, Trevor White, mike wooldridge they all don't make there own cues they just finish a lot of them off being them made someone else........
        Do you have any proof of this ?? or is it just more rumours being spread around as usual ??

Comment

I think people have got this completely wrong if I am honest. Yes martin Chesworth used to work for craftmans in the 1980s where he started making cues. However, over the recent years Martin has not had much time to make his own cues with him having the shop, so would rather sell you a mastercue. However, because someone has seem Martin coming out of craftmans with some cues unbadged don't mean he ain't made them. I know for a fact that Martin still makes his own cues and yes people may have seen him coming out of craftmans that's because Martin sometimes uses their workshop as him and save at craftmans are still very good friends. Martin cue making skills is second to none they are well made and also play extremely well. To be honest they are probably better made than some of the top brands out there. But also let's looh at this does everyone on here think that everyone else makes all there own cues because if you do you are completely wrong, john parris, Trevor White, mike wooldridge they all don't make there own cues they just finish a lot of them off being them made someone else. Everyone in the snooker business does it so why does it matter as long as it is made to the standard that is required. If you want a cue making your actually probably better going to martins or someone like robin cook or Stamford cues as 99% of there stuff is made by them which is a higher percentage than the rest.
          i can say for sure trevor is a one man band - he does every part of the cue building himself.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Oh! Perhaps the TW cue once tried by Khizzy had been in possession of Hotpot by now.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Do you have any proof of this ?? or is it just more rumours being spread around as usual ??

Jrc750 without starting another war on this forum. If you and everyone else on here think they make every shaft for a cue must be stupid or just want to think the do because of who they are. I know people wouldn't want to hear stuff like this but it's true. It goes off all the time but cue makers are never going to admit to you or anyone else that asks. But as long as the standard is still the same no one would tell the difference.

Comment

......But as long as the standard is still the same no one would tell the difference.
                I guess thats all that matters in the end eh
                But do you know for a fact that this happens ? if they don't admit to it, how do you know lol, do you supply the shafts or something

Comment

Course it happens but like I say you wouldn't know any different unless you know what your looking at. Regarding the fact how I know let's just say I good friends in high places. I don't just say stuff for the fun off it, all I try to do is be honest to people that don't know the truth.

Comment

I think your "friends in high places" are either VERY misguided or lying to you, simply in order to discredit the names of certain people Dean.

Please tell me what you want to know about the work I do, and I will answer here on this forum.

I make EVERY SINGLE CUE that bares my name, and that is a 100% fact.

Please feel TOTALLY free to tell everyone openly here what you feel you know Dean. I for one would love to hear the story.

Comment

Trevor with all due respect I ain't having an argument with you or anyone else on here. But like anything that made in a workshop I.e cues, cars, cabinets anything really if everyone knew what went off in a workshop no one would ever buy that product. The consumer only sees the finished product.

Comment

I think you need to stop shouting your mouth off mate without any proof to back it up. Once again you slag off Trevor's work (amongst others) and when Trevor comes on to defend himself you say you don't want to argue !!!! Whats all that about then ?

Comment

Again I wasn't slagging anyone's work off at all. Very funny how Trevor always shouts up when something is said to try and keep everything sweet. All I said is that they sometimes just finish stuff off its common goings on with the cue trade. That was slagging anyone off was it.

Comment

Again I wasn't slagging anyone's work off at all. Very funny how Trevor always shouts up when something is said to try and keep everything sweet. All I said is that they sometimes just finish stuff off its common goings on with the cue trade. That was slagging anyone off was it.
                            You said they don't make every shaft themselves, Trevor says he does. If you insist he doesn't then you're calling him a liar. How is that not slagging him off?

Comment

What are you trying to achive here Dean.???

I am completely amazed by the comments you make here, especially after speaking with you at length on the phone when you were looking to get a cue made. Did I not answer EVERY question you asked me.?

What is clear is that you have been getting some seriously poor information. I know where my work is produced, but it's very obvious you don't. What is obvious is that someone else has told you that they know where my work is produced, and, that that place is somewhere other than here in Wales. I wonder why they would wish to do that.???

Could there be some agenda here Dean.???....Maybe a nice little rumour spread by someone in order to discredit certain makers, while promoting the reputation of "alternative" makers, from whom, this person stands to make nice profit.???

My advice is to be very careful when making these bold sweeping statements about the work I do. I cannot speak for other makers, but I will look to protect myself (legally if I have to) from any idiot making stupid, groundless comments about me not producing a single cue which bares my name. If you can tell everyone here openly what you think you know, then go right ahead....right now. I know whatever you say will be incorrect, because it's me that produces them, and no one else.

Perhaps you should let everyone here know what you have heard, and where you heard it, so anyone and everyone can contact the person / persons who provided the information, in order to make their own minds up on it.

I am sure it will make very interesting reading.
                              Last edited by trevs1; 4 May 2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

One final point Dean, then I must get on.

I notice this thread is about Martin Chesworth cues. So this WAS the dealer from the other thread where you saw the so called "brand new" cues yes.???

I spoke with Martin and asked him about these cues he seemed to have. When he told me what he had, we discussed one in particular and it was a cue he'd bought from Chris Lloyd, who had bought it from me as a slight second. Chris was told of the very slight imperfection in this cue and was offered the cue at a reduced price, which he was happy to take, even though I'd offered to re-do the front splice. Chris bought that cue at over £130 less than the usual price of that style of cue.

Does this sound like a new cue to you Dean.???

As for wanting to respond to your posts and defend myself (or keep everything sweet as you say), then yes, I was interested to see your post today and wanted to see what you had to say on this thread, especially as it is so closely linked to your last thread which was deleted, where you failed to name the dealer. I am certainly not going to protect the reputation of ANYONE when I stand to get attacked over an issue which is completely false. If anyone wants to know about the work I do, then ask me, not another cue dealer who sells numerous brands of cues (but not mine) and who stands to gain from ruining a competitors reputation.

And Dean, if you want to see what my shafts look like AFTER I have gone and selected the timber MYSELF, and BEFORE it ends up as finished shafts, please let me know and I'll send you an email with an image this week. If you have any questions, then please call me, you have my number. I would be VERY happy to let you know whatever you like.

Comment

Working...
                                X