No announcement yet.

martin chesworth snooker cues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trevor again to be honest you and others are getting the wrong end of the stick. All I am was really saying be careful what you buy from anyone not just you because stuff like this does go off and you know it does it might not be you yourself but like you say you can't comment on other people. Like I have said many times before yes I am still in the process of decided about two cues not one and to be honest your the one I going to ask to do them so I ain't got any problem with your work. All I was saying this stiff does happen so just be careful. I wasnt slagging you or anyone else's work off. Because like I have said before if anyone that does do this and it the same standard as they would do what's the problem there ain't one.

Comment

Well you only have to check the prices that Martin Chesworth charges to know that everything is way overpriced. In these modern times of internet etc i'm surprised anyone buys from there at all. Was quite shocked to hear Hotpot bought a Trev cue from there at 40% mark up ! Altho he did explain it felt just right in his hands, which is something you don't get over the internet, so he felt it worth paying the extra (i know i wouldn't lol)

Comment

Originally Posted by 147snookerking View Post
        Trevor again to be honest you and others are getting the wrong end of the stick. All I am was really saying be careful what you buy from anyone not just you because stuff like this does go off and you know it does it might not be you yourself but like you say you can't comment on other people. Like I have said many times before yes I am still in the process of decided about two cues not one and to be honest your the one I going to ask to do them so I ain't got any problem with your work. All I was saying this stiff does happen so just be careful. I wasnt slagging you or anyone else's work off. Because like I have said before if anyone that does do this and it the same standard as they would do what's the problem there ain't one.
        Lol major back tracking or what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Lol major back tracking or what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          That's not a backtrack that's all that was said in the first place just in less words. I have always said to Trevor he will make me my cue still finding a design for it

Comment

Dean, I think you need to use another maker to get your cue made and not me, sorry. I'd rather not do that for you now.

As you point out, yes, some brands out there do use part made imported work, though who and to what degree I wouldn't know accurately, as I pretty much keep myself to myself. The part where I say I can't comment on other makers is when you state their names as being linked to using outsourced work. That's for them to deal with.

I will send you the images of timber later this week anyway, just for your own interest. Funnily enough, I just remembered that when I was last at the timber yard I use, Chris Lloyd called me and asked me where I was. When I told him, I said I'd send him a picture to give him some idea of how much material I look through to get good shaft timber. Anyone that might know Chris can email him and ask him to send them on that image if they like by text. If you're really keen, I'll text it to you myself, I'm sure I still have it in my phone.

I need to get on now.

Jeez, insane waste of time.

Comment

....does everyone on here think that everyone else makes all there own cues because if you do you are completely wrong, john parris, Trevor White, mike wooldridge they all don't make there own cues they just finish a lot of them off being them made someone else.....
              ...If you and everyone else on here think they make every shaft for a cue must be stupid...
              ...All I said is that they sometimes just finish stuff off its common goings on with the cue trade. That was slagging anyone off was it.
              ....because stuff like this does go off and you know it does it might not be you yourself...
              That's not a backtrack .....
              Like i said....major backtrack !
              Glad to see Trev won't be making your cue now....you don't really think he still would of do you ??? lol

Comment

I've read the last posts on this thread and i have to say that i'm totally amazed at the sweeping allegations made on here . Yet no proof to back anything up . How on earth a cuemaker is accused of not making his own shafts and then the guy still wants to buy a cue from him is quite ludicrous . Surely you would be better buying from one of the dealers who make 99% of their own shafts [ as your friends in high places surely must have told you ! ] .

I can quite see why Trevor White would be very upset by these allegations and would surely want to put his point of view / side across . Yet he is then accused of having something to hide because he quite rightly disagrees with the allegations .

12 MONTH waiting list for a cue but the majority of shafts are imported . He must take bloody ages to turn them round !! Surely the length of time to make the cue tells you that all his cues are made by the man himself .

Unless you have personally witnessed Trevor White making cues with imported shafts , may i suggest you withdraw you malicious allegations asap .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I,ve had two cues off trevor now and the shafts have been first class much better than another well know cue maker that I use, if these shafts are being imported I must be the luckiest person alive. I can say with out any doubt that these cues are 100% sourced and made in the uk IE: Trevors own workshop.

Comment

Jrc750 without starting another war on this forum. If you and everyone else on here think they make every shaft for a cue must be stupid or just want to think the do because of who they are. I know people wouldn't want to hear stuff like this but it's true. It goes off all the time but cue makers are never going to admit to you or anyone else that asks. But as long as the standard is still the same no one would tell the difference.
                    Evidence, source?

Comment

I think you need to stop shouting your mouth off mate without any proof to back it up. Once again you slag off Trevor's work (amongst others) and when Trevor comes on to defend himself you say you don't want to argue !!!! Whats all that about then ?
                      Says it all really.

/thread.

Comment

Like i said....major backtrack !
                        Glad to see Trev won't be making your cue now....you don't really think he still would of do you ??? lol
                        Good for you Trev.

Comment

this forum is not filled with 2 bit simpletons that buy mass produced cues from sports shops its fill with people that love the game and the unreal amounts of work and skill that go in to making top notch equipment. they know these cue maker or have researched them heavily be for parting with there hard earned witch in turn is making u look like a trouble maker because 99% of wat you've said is totally unbelievable. i would seriously recommend that u spend some time reading the 1000's of threads on here about cues and cue makers and make your own mind up instead of listening to who ever is spinning u this sh*t

cheers jay

Comment

I have been into Snooker/Pool for Very Long Time and Know Most of the Cue Makers/Suppliers and I can Assure you 100% as Ive known Trevor and dealt with Trevor for a very long time and all His Cues are Made by Himself One Man Band.

Trevor doesn't even have anybody finishing the Cues or Even Touching the Cues in any Part of his Cue Making which he does all himself and thats why he has such a Waiting List as hes a One Man Band which he Prefers. Trevor is One of the Best Cue Makers in the World Personally I think he is the Best!

Gaz.

Comment

Hi Trevor: We had talked a few years back about a cue. The wait was long so I bought
                              one of your used cue's, still own it , use it daily, will never sell it. also It was nice talking
                              to you. One of the reasons I don't go to this forum very often now is because of the negative material
                              that seems to fill the pages. " Insane waste of time" I totally agree, stick to your time
                              with your craft, maybe some day I will get or be able to get a new piece of your craft.
                              Thanks again for your time Trevor, Mike from Toronto , Canada

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                              Dean, I think you need to use another maker to get your cue made and not me, sorry. I'd rather not do that for you now.

As you point out, yes, some brands out there do use part made imported work, though who and to what degree I wouldn't know accurately, as I pretty much keep myself to myself. The part where I say I can't comment on other makers is when you state their names as being linked to using outsourced work. That's for them to deal with.

I will send you the images of timber later this week anyway, just for your own interest. Funnily enough, I just remembered that when I was last at the timber yard I use, Chris Lloyd called me and asked me where I was. When I told him, I said I'd send him a picture to give him some idea of how much material I look through to get good shaft timber. Anyone that might know Chris can email him and ask him to send them on that image if they like by text. If you're really keen, I'll text it to you myself, I'm sure I still have it in my phone.

I need to get on now.

Jeez, insane waste of time.

Comment

Here's a photo of inside Chesworths which shows the table and one of his cue racks on the wall. He's really got a great selection of cues and cases. I found Martin a very pleasant and helpful chap but the thing that everyone needs to remember is that he's trying to make a living. He's not in the business of handing out bargains and will be trying to get the most for his products. So "let the buyer beware" and if you're not happy with the price then don't buy. A while back he offered me me a Craftsman "Dominator" at a price which was around £30 dearer than Craftsman price. He had re-ferruled it and put his own badge on so presumably wanted to be paid for doing this. I declined his offer. When I visited him a couple of weeks back he was selling aluminium cases which were a lot dearer than elsewhere but Martin pointed out that he had replaced all the catches with better quality "Cheney" catches and hence was offering a two year guarantee. The customer has to pay for this.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X