No announcement yet.

Wooldridge "Super" tips...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a mw supertip on my old JP yesterday and had a knock this morning. Has to be the 'best tip' ( subjective ) I've used in all my years of playing. It really does play like a 'good' elk. Ball control was a breeze, very responsive inc. screwback.

However, the cue with the 28mm butt I've been using to ( get myself weened off the 25mm of my JP ) has a much thicker shaft. Feels like a treetrunk in comparison and that it's resting on top of my bridge, rather than running thru it. I think changing back to my JP def. helped also.

Best I've played in ages. More enjoyable too. Going to send the thicker shaft cue to Trevor to have it thinned out later this year.

But I digress.. The mw supertip is awesome. I think I'll switch between those and the kamui mh for now.

Comment

these tips are like garlic bread. Its the future!!
      Stun Run...The shot you can't teach

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTxL6DaOs74

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
          Put a mw supertip on my old JP yesterday and had a knock this morning. Has to be the 'best tip' ( subjective ) I've used in all my years of playing. It really does play like a 'good' elk. Ball control was a breeze, very responsive inc. screwback.

However, the cue with the 28mm butt I've been using to ( get myself weened off the 25mm of my JP ) has a much thicker shaft. Feels like a treetrunk in comparison and that it's resting on top of my bridge, rather than running thru it. I think changing back to my JP def. helped also.

Best I've played in ages. More enjoyable too. Going to send the thicker shaft cue to Trevor to have it thinned out later this year.

But I digress.. The mw supertip is awesome. I think I'll switch between those and the kamui mh for now.
          Very interesting digression! I think you'll rob the cue of power and make it more prone to unwanted flex and that would'nt be my preference, but still..

I wonder how Mike developed his tips? Anyone know? Obviously some tip manufacturer is making them to specification and then they are packaged and branded as his own. I wonder who and where they are made?

btw Inoffthered, why would you want to alternate between tips? When you've found the one you like best, why not stick with it until you find a better one?

Comment

Originally Posted by limecc View Post
            btw Inoffthered, why would you want to alternate between tips? When you've found the one you like best, why not stick with it until you find a better one?
            I like both ( just sayin' )

Comment

Originally Posted by limecc View Post
              Very interesting digression! I think you'll rob the cue of power and make it more prone to unwanted flex and that would'nt be my preference, but still..
              You're right about the lack of power. The 28mm butt cue gives me that, but the shaft is just too thick. The cue Trevor's making me will have the same thin shaft as the JP, combined with the 28mm butt. So here's hoping

If things aren't quite right, Trevor said he's happy to re-adjust it if need be. Trevor is so knowledgeable about cues it's ridiculous. The JP measures @ 13.94mm at the 12" point, while this other cue I've been using measured 14.24 at the same point.

You wouldn't think .3mm would make that much difference, but it does. This difference in measurement continues to the tip. I've tried both cues in succession and the JP def. plays smoother in my bridge, while the thicker shaft cue does not. I guess I have smaller than average hands.

Who knows, some day I might get my JP's butt made thicker! :P

Comment

Well I found the tips I thought the missus had lobbed and retipped my cue, instantly took a liking to the supertip and as it says on the tin it was instantly playable, good feel to it and it just feels right.

Can't say fairer than that.
                Last edited by DWOT; 11 May 2011, 07:07 PM.
                One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

I also Agree with the Above as I am Putting alot of Tips on Every Day/Week and have Found these Great and the Best all Round Tip and 99% of my Customers really Like them.

Gaz.

Comment

just curious is the tip too thick? do you guys try to make it thinner?

Comment

Originally Posted by nukihz View Post
                      just curious is the tip too thick? do you guys try to make it thinner?
                      Nope, just shapped it further and got on with it, unlike other tips I've used it didn't need bedding in an as I say it felt right from the off!
                      One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Sorry but i didn't like them, tried one for a few weeks but the tip didn't give me as much confidence as a talisman soft does. Didn't like the feel at all, they didn't feel as grippy or as nice to hit with as a talisman.
                        Last edited by The Stig; 10 August 2011, 10:59 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X