Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
    And don't you go putting a JAWES nameplate in yours when you get it
    reply by meatloaf you took the words right out of my mouth should look well with my badge lol

Comment

• Yeah I had an OMIN one piece that had a beautifully dark ash shaft like this MW you have JRC. This cue rivals the OMIN shaft I had. Fair play, I thought the chinese were stealing all the nice shafts.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        I think iv'e only ever seen one girl (who was gorgeous) playing snooker in the clubs i play in, so in 99.99999% of cases i would rather not "pull" thanks
        A few pics of the cue i got, very nice too, trying it out later on, so will report back if i notice anything special about the Blackspin thingy, my camera isn't the best but you get the idea, the grain is nice and dark and to be honest if i had of paid full price for this cue i personally would have been very happy with it
        Specs: 58", 9.75 Blackspin , 18.3 oz, 29.7 butt, 17" balance point.

Looks great - why was this one a sin bin ?

Comment

• Looks lovely JR, makes me even more eager to get mine lol :snooker:
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• The black ferrule actually looks real nice on the dark shaft. One question, how on earth did you get the tip so flush and nice n smooth without marking the ferrule? Kudos for those efforts!

Comment

• Mike Wooldridge - *NEW* 'BlackSpin' Ferrule System

Looks very nice that cue, now in really bursting to see what mine is like, arrrrrrrrrrghhhh! :snooker:
              Last edited by narl; 3 November 2012, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Very nice John...

Comment

• OMG,I really dont understand why would this cue be in the sinbin, such a lovely beautiful cue.
                  In progressing!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Jasonteh6688 View Post
                    OMG,I really dont understand why would this cue be in the sinbin, such a lovely beautiful cue.
                    I think that one was described as having slightly uneven grain or something along those lines, possibly grain that went to the left or right slightly, can't recall offhand.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                      I think that one was described as having slightly uneven grain or something along those lines, possibly grain that went to the left or right slightly, can't recall offhand.
                      No that was a different cue, this was just unevenly spaced arrows or something ??
                      Anyhow played well with cue so stuck with it for full session, beat my teammate 6-5, he usually gets the edge on me so was happy with that.
                      New cue, new tip, new type of ferrule thing, so hard to judge what effect it all had on my game, but overall played better than last 2 weeks, great cue couldn't really fault it

Comment

• Not sure if this has been asked before, i deffo aint reading 60+ pages to find out.

When your sanding or filing a tip a normal brass ferrule gets lightly scratched sometimes, the scratches are easy to polish out.

How does it work on a blackspin ferrule if you lightly scratch them, can they be easily polished out like a brass ferrule ? Are these blackspin ferrule systems black all the way through or does it just have a thin black finish on them like anodised etc ?
                        sigpic

Comment

• I think this is what you might be after....... same video that is posted on his website telling you how to do it!!

Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

When your sanding or filing a tip a normal brass ferrule gets lightly scratched sometimes, the scratches are easy to polish out.

How does it work on a blackspin ferrule if you lightly scratch them, can they be easily polished out like a brass ferrule?
                            yes, but really you should avoid at all costs scratching the ferrule whether it's brass or anything else.

i've had so many repair jobs where the ferrules have been ruined with sandpaper/files/abrasive pads, and even chalk.

over time the brass gets worn away by all these things, so better to avoid scratching in the first place.

so, when you say 'polish' them out, what is actually happening is you are wearing the brass away to reveal nice shiny new 'scratchless' brass. but making it gradually smaller and smaller, and often changing the shape in the process.

sort of egg timer 'look' is quite common to see on the ferrule of a repair cue where somebody 'spins' a bit of emery paper or something on the ferrule to shine it.

anyway, this is irrelevant. yes, minor scratches are easily removed.

but the video should watched, and masking tape used, by anyone re-tipping their cue regardless of ferrule type.

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
                            Are these blackspin ferrule systems black all the way through or does it just have a thin black finish on them like anodised etc ?
                            black.

they are not treated metal.
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Mike Wooldridge - *NEW* 'BlackSpin' Ferrule System

Hi Mike, again, not sure if its been asked yet, but when I do order a blackspin through your site and send you my cue, would you have a rough estimation on turnaround time, before I would receive my cue back?

Thanks

Justin

Comment

• 2-3 days at moment.

but please email me with questions like this in future.
                                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X