Mike Wooldridge - *NEW* 'BlackSpin' Ferrule System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi mike
    ya its must have been,but what a craftman.i visited him twice driving from exeter in devon lol what a trip but worth it.i fully understand what your saying and when i can get funds together i will be ordering one form you.i have a real funny thing about chevrons,i know nearly all players like to look down chevrons but i like looking down the grain.this is the bit where i find it hard to explain,ive had cues made before and given this instruction and when they have arrived ive not had grain in my sight.if the name badge is at 12 clock in your hand and your looking down cue i like just grain in my sight,any way nough said .will defo ordering from you in new yr.

all the best andy

Comment

• no rush, i'm already stacked up again after re-opening shop for first time in 3 months...

mind you, just nabbed myself some genuine english ash direct from an old forest.

10 days in and i'm getting pretty p*ssed off with cutting up planks i can tell you

should be worth it though. hoping to get some really nice shafts from this lot.

and english ash is very hard to find in any decent quality. i've rarely seen it, virtually all north american imports.
      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Hi Mike
        are these ash the first cull due to the disease in the news?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Mike, is the tip on my cue just a normal supertip ??? or some new design ??? seems a lot harder than those i'm used to, and had 2 miscues tonight which i never normally get

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Mike, is the tip on my cue just a normal supertip ??? or some new design ??? seems a lot harder than those i'm used to, and had 2 miscues tonight which i never normally get

its his black spin tip, untill he changes it again! for me a very nice tip never had a miss cue but i do like talisman tips so happy with hard tips, for me a mint tip he's replacing? if he thinks the new one's are better then jobs a good en!

Comment

• Mike Wooldridge - *NEW* 'BlackSpin' Ferrule System

Hi JRC, I found the tip to be very hard as well but I use the spruce chalk on it and it is much more grippy.
              Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

• I wasn't sure if it was just because the tip was quite high, when Stu (from Greenbaize) puts them on for me i think he sands them down a fair bit more than this here, i thought maybe that was why it was reacting differently. When i tried to shape it a bit after initial 11 frames, it seems a lot harder than others iv'e used. if it is indeed different, not sure i like it

Comment

• Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
                  Hi JRC, I found the tip to be very hard as well but I use the spruce chalk on it and it is much more grippy.
                  What a surprise! Dannys how it goin? have you still got the same tip on your sharks? did you import some chalk?

Comment

I wasn't sure if it was just because the tip was quite high, when Stu (from Greenbaize) puts them on for me i think he sands them down a fair bit more than this here, i thought maybe that was why it was reacting differently. When i tried to shape it a bit after initial 11 frames, it seems a lot harder than others iv'e used. if it is indeed different, not sure i like it
                    Mike tips are abit harder but if you sand or shorten your tips they will be come harder any way i would keep them as normal and they play mint

Comment

Mike, is the tip on my cue just a normal supertip ??? or some new design ??? seems a lot harder than those i'm used to, and had 2 miscues tonight which i never normally get

it's not the new blackspin tip but an in between prototype.

although it will be harder than normal tip, it should be ok.

i think you may have a dodgy one if you've miscued.

there have been some very hard bits of leather coming through. could be the problem.

try some rough sandpaper on it, see if it loosens the fibres a bit.

looks really nice in the pic though
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• I will take more care then on my shots, cue playing lovely, i have a few cubes of dark green chalk, i will try them next time to see if it improves things, thanks

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Hi Mike
                          are these ash the first cull due to the disease in the news?
                          not as far as i know.
                          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                            it's not the new blackspin tip but an in between prototype.

although it will be harder than normal tip, it should be ok.

i think you may have a dodgy one if you've miscued.

there have been some very hard bits of leather coming through. could be the problem.

try some rough sandpaper on it, see if it loosens the fibres a bit.

looks really nice in the pic though
                            Thanks Mike, i will try that, you ain't seen my Alex Higgin's cue action lol, probably all my fault

Comment

is that the best shape? it looks a bit flat to me, when I fit a new tip I'd certainly give the edges more angle ... btw, this is a genuine question - I'm just trying to learn from better players and The CueFather ...

also jrc, were the miscues on plain/stun shots or when playing with lots of top/bottom or side?

Comment

• Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                                is that the best shape? it looks a bit flat to me, when I fit a new tip I'd certainly give the edges more angle ... btw, this is a genuine question - I'm just trying to learn from better players and The CueFather ...

also jrc, were the miscues on plain/stun shots or when playing with lots of top/bottom or side?
                                That's how Mike shaped it, so i left it for initial frames. Yeah to be fair both miscues were using extreme side, one a top spin full power shot, the other a fairly easy swerve over distance, ball just went sideways lol

Comment

Working...
                                X