Mike Wooldridge - *NEW* 'BlackSpin' Ferrule System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
    no. i like black. i also like the way the tip 'stands out' when sighting the cue ball.

try it. wrap a little bit of black tape around your ferrule. you'll be surprised how much clearer it makes the cue ball contact.
    Good point I remember the old black fibre ferrule from back in the day that used to work well........gave definition & clarity.

Comment

Two MW cues under 5 months old and they're obsolete already! :'(
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
        Two MW cues under 5 months old and they're obsolete already! :'(
        lol. not quite, but i must admit apple's business model is to be admired

actually, this wasn't planned and sort of just 'happened' very quickly. but as i said earlier, when i saw and felt the dramatic improvement, i knew i could not continue with standard ferrules.

anyway, i am done with inventing/re-designing. well, until my brain gets bored again...

tbh, bit difficult to see what else can be done now though. i have the best joints, best extensions, and now, far and away, the best ferrules (core being crucial to this).

i do have some new tips very close to final testing though, so there will be at least one more change...
        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

My new MW cue will be fitted with this The threat I made to the wife that when it arrived she wouldn't see me for a month is now her saviour, because according to her me constantly banging on about a black thingy ma jig is slowly boring her to death!! Smaller brains ya see!!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            You may have just done yourself out of a few jobs there Mike, sounds like a Easter weekend plan
            Perhaps a more permanent solution?

Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
            My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

All looks good Mike, good luck

Comment

Is there an outright refusal to develop the technology in other colours Mike or is it just something you don't have the time to investigate for now?

I doubt I'm the only one who would jump at the chance to try your innovation but would be against having the end of my cue being such a contrasting colour.

Comment

I ordered a Black Legend with Mike back in February and he just confirmed this week that it's coming with the new Black-Spin Ferrule System so I'm super excited!!! Will also have the F1 as an end joint...

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                    Is there an outright refusal to develop the technology in other colours Mike or is it just something you don't have the time to investigate for now?

I doubt I'm the only one who would jump at the chance to try your innovation but would be against having the end of my cue being such a contrasting colour.
                    in the words of henry ford - "you can have any colour as long as it's black"

i suppose at some point in the future other colours could be investigated, but right now i am more than happy with the contrasting colour.

so i'm afraid if anyone don't like black, they are out of luck. :snooker:
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

i suppose at some point in the future other colours could be investigated, but right now i am more than happy with the contrasting colour.
                      Fair do's. I'll still be buying one when my extension is completed.

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                        lol. not quite, but i must admit apple's business model is to be admired

tbh, bit difficult to see what else can be done now though. i have the best joints, best extensions, and now, far and away, the best ferrules (core being crucial to this).
                        i knew it i knew it i knew it! :'(

Rests mike rests. For female asian shorties like me! :'D.

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
                          Perhaps a more permanent solution?

To be honest my suspicion is that is all Mike did :P

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                            think i better put this better i didnt think of the idea something similar was bandied about in the post about the tip throwing the white as such but i did think about trying to drill down the tip part of shaft and insering a 6mm core of ebony which was talked about to try and see if it made a differance
                            it was already in process so thought ide carry on mikes idea but in ebony befor mike said it would be too brittle done it on a crap shaft to try

Comment

Looks good Jim
                              "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeadyla View Post
                                To be honest my suspicion is that is all Mike did :P
                                how much would you like to bet on that?

actually i couldn't think of anything worse. if you scratched it, it would start looking awful pretty quick.

plus, brass does not perform as well as my BlackSpin ferrules.
                                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X