No announcement yet.

Stephen hendry's cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry I'm interested in the last post but I've just had a thought!
    John Parris!
    People seem to be not using so much any more. Hendry had a Parris now replaced with this new one, Higgins a Parris but now a Northwest cue, Maguire I think has one of Trevors now, Ding got a Stamford!
    What going on?

Comment

• Apologies if this is in another thread, but looking on the BBC live coverage it seems Hendry is using his new cue in his match this afternoon. They did a close-up of Hendry's cue and commented on the green stripe.

John Virgo says he's only had it a few weeks and that got it "because he feels it doesn't throw so much when he plays with side".

Comment

• Originally Posted by SomeCueist
        Apologies if this is in another thread, but looking on the BBC live coverage it seems Hendry is using his new cue in his match this afternoon. They did a close-up of Hendry's cue and commented on the green stripe.

John Virgo says he's only had it a few weeks and that got it "because he feels it doesn't throw so much when he plays with side".
        Yes, he's been playing with his new cue, an Acuerate 147. It's gonna be interesting to see how he feels and how he performs with it.
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Yeah, and so far he looks worse with this cue than he did with his last. In fact it seems that he is struggling more when playing with side despite the fact this cue is supposedly better for playing shots.

All I can say is, anyone thinking of an Acuerate based on this performance will definitely be put off now

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman
            Yeah, and so far he looks worse with this cue than he did with his last. In fact it seems that he is struggling more when playing with side despite the fact this cue is supposedly better for playing shots.

All I can say is, anyone thinking of an Acuerate based on this performance will definitely be put off now
            I will be very happy to struggle and make 133 in the first frame and 147 in the third with a new cue!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I'm sorry Acuerate your talking rubbish again.
              Trev already answered this point you've raised!
              I just popped home from work and had a look at the Hendry match!
              (Apparently Smuph saw it first but he's behind us!)
              Well I tell you what cueman is right he looks to be struggling playing side, struggling generally!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Acuerate
                I will be very happy to struggle and make 133 in the first frame and 147 in the third with a new cue!!!!!!!!

You are such an idiot, any of these professionals can knock in centuries in practice but that doesn't mean to say that the cue is perfect for them.
                I hit a 114 with a new cue in the 3rd frame I ever played with it but after a few days I realised it wasn't right for me.

Cue ball control in and around the black area as most players know is just about touch and control. However for all round shots, long potting, safety etc, that is when you get found out with a new cue. As Stephen is finding out this afternoon!

Comment

• it's prety normal to be struggling since he only has it since 3 weeks, isn't it.

Anyway, it couldn't got any worse than it was with his old cue, cause he has done nothing since he had his old cue snapped.

And, these cloths are faster and more slippery than the practise tables.
                  So he will have to get used to that. But I'm sure that a player of his standard will adapt.

Please don't take the first opportunity to slaughter everything.

Obviously, this cue performs differently than his old. He will adapt and be ok

Comment

• Slayericed... The company who have thrown more technology at cuebuiding than any other is Predator cues with their low throw shafts. Combining lamination to make the shaft stiffer, thinner tapers a hollow section near the tip and some sort of special ferrel. Still they produce throw though.
                    Aconmate's reduce it merely by the shaft taper. Common sense tells me that alone aint gonna make it virtually nil as they claim.
                    see: http://www.predatorcues.com/
                    and: http://www.platinumbilliards.com/rating_deflect.php

Watford ... re Parris You know the answer surely mate, Mastercue's quality went downhill through mass production and Parris has been sitting pretty charging way over the odds for whatever he produces so why bother putting that extra into a cue when he can sell it no problem. Complacency set in surely.

Aconmate... Long live the memory of Hendry's first simple long red in this years championship.
                    What happened.. he missed it completely. ROFLMAO

edit... didn't see wagga wagga got his 2 cents in as well. Still not gonna put your money where your mouth is? or do I have to offer you odds?

Comment

• and dear cueman.
                      Please stay polite and civilised.
                      It's not nice to call anybody an idiot on a public forum. That isn't a sign of high intelligence !

Comment

• whatever guys, you will always find something negative. Even if he wins, you would still have negative comments. Even should he win the world championship, even that wouldn't be good enough for you guys.
                        And that is so pathetic...

Goodnight guys, sort it out here.
                        There are many other forums with people who keep an open mind to things...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wity
                          Slayericed... The company who have thrown more technology at cuebuiding than any other is Predator cues with their low throw shafts. Combining lamination to make the shaft stiffer, thinner tapers a hollow section near the tip and some sort of special ferrel. Still they produce throw though.
                          Aconmate's reduce it merely by the shaft taper. Common sense tells me that alone aint gonna make it virtually nil as they claim.
                          see: http://www.predatorcues.com/
                          and: http://www.platinumbilliards.com/rating_deflect.php
                          I see. It seems that cue making is more of an art than science. I would have imagined that cue makers would be using computer technology, science of materials and physics in their cue design process, but doesnt seem so

Comment

• Doesnt look to be doing too well with it so far.

Comment

• Originally Posted by wagga wagga
                              whatever guys, you will always find something negative. Even if he wins, you would still have negative comments. Even should he win the world championship, even that wouldn't be good enough for you guys.
                              And that is so pathetic...

Goodnight guys, sort it out here.
                              There are many other forums with people who keep an open mind to things...
                              man, in all honesty, you cannot definitively prove whether a cue is good or bad by this logic!

Comment

• Originally Posted by slayericed
                                I see. It seems that cue making is more of an art than science.
                                I wouldn't say that exactly. American pool cue are far more Arty, English more traditional and science does have a place but in cuebuilding i think most would say its experience and the undefinable feel that makes a good cue.

Comment

Working...
                                X