No announcement yet.

Stephen hendry's cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

word was that it was going to but i have not been for about 3 years to be honest!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147
      word was that it was going to but i have not been for about 3 years to be honest!
      btw, i was referring to his old broken cue being there......

yeah, word was that, but not heard anything concrete. story has been going for a while and its been on and off several times, but heard its finally a definite

Comment

i know - just thought people might be interested!

yes there is no money in clubs now and that one has been in danger for a long time but where will he play now then i can't see him going to rileys in perth?

Comment

i know - just thought people might be interested!

yes there is no money in clubs now and that one has been in danger for a long time but where will he play now then i can't see him going to rileys in perth?
          wasnt saying folk wouldnt be interested...just saying that my reply was to do with where his broken cue was, and last i seen it it was in a glass case in Spencers....

and to the where will he play when no spencers is anyones guess. last time i heard him mention it he didnt know

im meant to be going to watch him play later this week, so may find out more then

Comment

nortel in couper angus is the nearest classy table to him or falkirk has a few

Comment

well the one he won everything with was a powerglide connoisseur and for sure it was replaced with a parris maple but yesterday (and i was about 2 feet from the table) he had a maple cue 3/4 split with 4 splices in green veneers then 4 in ebony then another 4 in green veneers and another 4 in ebony finished off with a very highly figured slightly shorter than average face splice in what i would say was birdseye maple. the badge could well have been parris but hard to see under the lights and you don't want to ask him during a match!
              asked him yesterday.

he recently got a new cue, and its NOT a PARRIS

Comment

no in the horse cross theatre in perth where he was playing ronnie. - he used to play in spencers in sterling but i think it might have closed down now?
                seems spencers will be open for another year, maybe longer.

his old broken cue isnt on display there any more.

he has an idea of where he will play once......but isnt sure

Comment

Rememeber Stephen's cue was crashed when he was travelling back from Thailand Open
                  He had that cue since was 14!
                  2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                  2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
                    asked him yesterday.

Any hints on the tip size?

Comment

didnt measure it, but looks like 9.5mm

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
                        asked him yesterday.

so who made it then ? - pretty cue!

Comment

so who made it then ? - pretty cue!
                          very pretty cue

quite light

sent you a pm, ADR.

Comment

Maybe invinciblity, romp 17-3, threatening to break the 18-3 record victoiry margin of the 1989 world championship final, make 6 straight centuries, make 553 points without reply, conceded fewest points against somebody else in a match etc was all beyond him regardless what cue he chose.

No matter how hard he'd try it's proved to be an impossible task for him to return to the type of levels he produced constantly between the world Championships of 1993 and the Masters of 1996 (out of the big 3 of the UK, Masdters and World Championship) and 4 calendar years (1993 to 1996) where he missed only 1 final -the 1995 Masters- of the big 3 tournaments during that period, which was an incredible run.

Not sure how important Hendry values breakng Steve Davis's 1989 world championship final victory margin and fewest frames conceded all world championship records. Really impossible I'd have thought to break in the current climate.

Comment

i am not sure that hendry plays any different now from then - its just that now the others are better!

Comment

..... but yesterday (and i was about 2 feet from the table) he had a maple cue 3/4 split with 4 splices in green veneers then 4 in ebony then another 4 in green veneers and another 4 in ebony finished off with a very highly figured slightly shorter than average face splice in what i would say was birdseye maple. the badge could well have been parris but hard to see under the lights and you don't want to ask him during a match!
                                its an Acuerate Cue hes been using for the last couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X