No announcement yet.

Stephen hendry's cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen was talking to Ronnie at the Legends Tour about his new cue and was using it on the 5th and 6th of April.......
    UK Championship Prediction Contest Winner 2006/7 Season
    www.ronnieosullivan.tv

Comment

I would've thought he has just been trying it out, but, for more than a few days? seems a little odd to say the least.

It would be interesting to know what has motivated him to even try another cue.

What did he feel was missing with the other one?

I was told that his Parris cue was a bit dead (non-responsive - not broken).

Comment

Originally Posted by JoanneT63
        Stephen was talking to Ronnie at the Legends Tour about his new cue and was using it on the 5th and 6th of April.......
        thanks for the post Jo.

both you and ADR have spotted it, and youve heard from Ron that Hendo was speaking about it as his new cue

also, what i posted wasnt a wind up. they were straight from hendos mouth. not 2nd hand info.

he considers it his new cue. its 2 weeks old.

if he changes back then so be it, but right now its what hes using and he intends using.....

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1
          What's the deal with these Acuerate cues then???

Are they made from timber???

Are they made in more or less a traditional way???
          ITS A GUY CALLED CHRIS HENRY TREVOR - FROM WHAT I CAN SEE THEY ARE JUST NORMAL CUES ALTHOUGH THEY ARE PLAYING THE SIENCE CARD IN THE ADVERTS.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I Know He Has Been Practising With It Full Time For About A Month Now So It Would Appear He Will Be Using It In The Worlds

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147
              I Know He Has Been Practising With It Full Time For About A Month Now So It Would Appear He Will Be Using It In The Worlds
              he said to me when i asked him when he got it that he got it the weekend before last. so hes only had it 2 weeks.

Comment

That is exactly what he told Ronnie......
                www.ronnieosullivan.tv

Comment

Originally Posted by JoanneT63
                  That is exactly what he told Ronnie......
                  his exact words when asked on wednesday of this week, were (after a short pause) "ten days ago"

Comment

I Heard The Same.

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
                      his exact words when asked on wednesday of this week, were (after a short pause) "ten days ago"
                      DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHEN HE GOT IT? - TRUTH IS HE COULD PLAY BETTER THAN ME WITH A BROOM HANDLE!

Comment

no it doesnt matter to me the exact day, but ive posted exactly what he told me after i asked him a few days ago. direct question, direct answer, so i thought id post it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
                          Maybe Ron misheard when Stephen told him how long he had had the cue, he maybe said a few days not a few weeks, either way it's defo a new cue.
                          www.ronnieosullivan.tv

Comment

DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHEN HE GOT IT? - TRUTH IS HE COULD PLAY BETTER THAN ME WITH A BROOM HANDLE!
                            He's not really up against you at the Crucible, though, is he?
                            Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

What amazes me is Acerates claim that their cue will produce less deflection than any other. Their website gives the impression they have scietific proof yet they dont show it. The pdf file Cueman has sent me, thanks again : doesn't help explain either unless theres something in this line from the pdf file:

"...because of the shaft bend and smaller tip"

That's their word exactly, "shaft bend" not taper.

Hendry we all know played with a crap cue for years that most reckoned was as straight as Larry Grayson. Parris probably made him a straight one so perhaps he's at last found a new bent one that suits him.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wity
                                What amazes me is Acerates claim that their cue will produce less deflection than any other. Their website gives the impression they have scietific proof yet they dont show it. The pdf file Cueman has sent me, thanks again : doesn't help explain either unless theres something in this line from the pdf file:

"...because of the shaft bend and smaller tip"

That's their word exactly, "shaft bend" not taper.

Hendry we all know played with a crap cue for years that most reckoned was as straight as Larry Grayson. Parris probably made him a straight one so perhaps he's at last found a new bent one that suits him.
                                Well although it seems weird, I think Stephen knows a lot better than us what suits him. And if he has decided to go with another cue a month before the WC, and especially an Acuerate, he must know pretty well what he's doing...Let's wait Sheffield and how he performs with it before judging him.
                                If he wins it all, he'll be lauded for years to come....
                                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
                                X