Stephen hendry's cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Maija
    He's not really up against you at the Crucible, though, is he?
    NO NOT THIS YEAR!

PREHAPS HE HAS HAD IT A MONTH OR SO BUT ONLY BEEN PLAYING WITH IT AFTER CHINA? - ITS A LOGICAL ANSWER TO THE QUESTION!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1
      I remember speaking to a certain 'unnamed' player a little while ago, and, during this conversation, these cues were mentioned.

He told me that he'd tried one and found it completely hopeless, stating that his own cue (a regular high quality cue) outperformed it by a country mile.

Honestly, this is nonsense.

It's possible, but very unlikely that a standard cue has outperformed an Acuerate cue.
      99% of players I spoke to, that use Acuerate cues have experienced the benefits of these cues, and have seen the very low deflection and high cue ball reaction.

Most cue manufacturers make beautifull high qualitycues, but don't fully understand the behaviour of phenolic balls on slippery cloths.

For the last century, the tables changed, the cloths changed, the lights changed, etc...
      The cues however, have never changed...

@ trevs1: 200 years ago, people were burned to death for saying that the world was round...
      It's safe to say that the story about a "round world" wasn't nonsense

Keep an open mind...

Comment

Originally Posted by wagga wagga
        It's possible, but very unlikely that a standard cue has outperformed an Acuerate cue.
        99% of players I spoke to, that use Acuerate cues have experienced the benefits of these cues, and have seen the very low deflection and high cue ball reaction.

Most cue manufacturers make beautifull high qualitycues, but don't fully understand the behaviour of phenolic balls on slippery cloths.

For the last century, the tables changed, the cloths changed, the lights changed, etc...
        The cues however, have never changed...

@ trevs1: 200 years ago, people were burned to death for saying that the world was round...
        It's safe to say that the story about a "round world" wasn't nonsense

Keep an open mind...
        all i can say is that a number of professional cue retailers call them acuecrap and their trade price is mighty steep for a thai made cue.

the cues have changed and i am sure someone like trevor could tell you exactly how!

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR ONE CUE TO BE SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANOTHER.

and it was a little bit earlier than 200 years ago that people thought the world was flat. gallilao was the late 1500's and actually people were tortured by the church but not burned to death. he died of old age in 1642

Comment

Acucrap lol I like it.

Each one comes with a polterguist who when the ball has left contact with the tip jumps out the butt, runs like hell over the table, jumps on the ball and steers it towards the pocket like a circus clown.

I'm not joking either, how else can any tool / cue /club /boot alter the path of a ball once a shot /stroke has been made? bloody impossible.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Whatever you think about Acuerate cues, whatever you think about the technical system of this cue, ultra low deflection, whatever you believe or not the system, whatever you think its possible or not to do this with this cue, I play with the same one as Stephen and to know him well and to know very very very well the man who plays with him since more than 1 month (he is like my father), I can tell you that the first frame of Stephen with this Acuerate, he made a 133 and the third one was "only"....... a MAX 147!!!!!!
            I can tell you that Stephen LOVES this cue and he will normally play with it in Sheffield, but for now its his own decision!
            By talking to the man who is with Stephen, no more than this morning, we said, if he can do a max after 3 frames with it in practice, he can do it in a match as well and play with it, so its really Stephen's decision now!
            We will see in Sheffield if he does or not! But i repeat his words : I LOVE IT!

His last cue has been cut at the top of the shaft by his last coach, bad thing!!! More deflection and he lost confidence, especially on long shots!
            Now he feels much better with this Acuerate so dont blame this cue and this system of cue, it works and Stephen "The Master" Hendry will probably show you that it works very good!!
            If he does, you will all want to try a cue like this, the all world will want to try as well!! And you will all say, this cue works so we were wrong!
            I remind you the cue : ACUERATE 147 9,25 mm tip in maple wood for STEPHEN HENDRY!!

Comment

Well we'll have to see what happens in the Worlds!
              Oh and the Ancient Greeks knew the world was round!

Comment

Acuerate

But is Hendry thrashing everybody with a session to spare to get to the final then demolishing somebody 18-2 or 18-3 in a Crucible final, conceding fewest frames ever all championships really possible in the modern day era even with this cue?

He is still capable of winning it of course, but I can't see him reproducing such spectacular session after session 7-1, 6-0, 6-1, 7-0, 8-0, 8-1 thrashings of the opposition, or 11-2, 14-3 and such like scorelines.

Comment

Ok now I understand what u mean.

I didnt say that he will beat everybody easily but I said he is feeling confident in his game with his new Acuerate cue!
                  So, we will see if he can do this kind of scores, maybe yes, maybe not.
                  Anyway, I really want him to do it and win the World again as he is my very very favorite player.

Comment

Some years ago, I built a cue for a player named Paul Dawkins, a very talented Welsh player some may even remember.

This cue was a standard one piece cue, 57", 9mm and 16.5oz weight.

The first practise session he had with this cue was against a player named Mark Skinner. If I can recall correctly, Paul made a 136, 90, 140 and a 147 in the first five frames.

Now, does this make this cue the best thing since sliced bread????

No it doesn't.

What it means is that a very good player has picked up a very reliable cue, built to the specs he felt comfortable with, and played with it.

The fact that he played so amazing was more due to the fact that he was a great player, and, the fact he was using a very good cue was secondary. Any cue will only make it easier or more difficult to reproduce what a given player is capable of doing. Cues can and do vary yes, but to suggest that one type of cue solves all is nonsense.

Are there Acuerate cues available to a customers specs???

What if a player wanted one with a 10mm ferrule and a taper that measured 13.5mm diameter at 300mm from the ferrule end, is this possible to do in an Acuerate cue???................I'd guess not, as you'd have to have the taper made as they need to be to minimise the throw of the white ball.

A standard cue can be built this way, to minimise the throw, but there are many many variables to be considered also.

We'll see how many people are using them in five years eh???

Comment

Acuerate cues can be made to a customer specs, yes!
                      Of course, Stephen will be ok with an other cue but will he be comfortable as he feels now with this one? Maybe yes, maybe not! We will see!
                      But if you change everything like you said before with the sizes, it will probably change the all system, I dont know exactly.
                      What I know is that this cue works, its ok for me and for players who use them like Bjorn Haneveer who just won the PIOS 7 with his Acuerate!
                      It works actually with Stephen and it will work maybe better and better for him, but the future will tell us!
                      I can remember that John Higgins tried or is trying again today several cues and did he find the good one today? I dont know!
                      What about an Acuerate? Did he try one? Did he talk to Stephen?
                      If Stephen is ok with it, maybe he will advise John to try an Acuerate!
                      Nobody knows!!!
                      The only thing we know, whatever you think about the system of the cue, is that it works for Stephen! We will see later!

I dont want to say these are the best cues in the world and they can do miracles, I'm just saying that it works and sometimes its incredible how it works!

Comment

it is a piece of wood !!! - i do not understand how somebody can imagine they can be any different!!! you can make any cue to any spec you like to reduce the throw with a stiffer shaft. if the specs are to a customers choice then its no different to any other cue. oh and john higgins is using a kevin muncaster cue.

Comment

I've still not heard a good explanation of how this works!

How much does it stop throw; the site blurb says it helps with unintentional side but some of the testimonies make it sound like this cue eliminates throw altogether!

Is this science, witchcraft or bollocks?
                          These cues aren't cheap either they'd better be well made and stop throw!

Comment

Hendry as I said is capable of winning the world championship whatever cue he uses. Just that I don't think we'll be seeing the presentation party before 4pm on the bank holiday Monday somehow even if the man himself may seem confident to such the extent he is with the acuerate. 18-2 is just impossible nowadays to achieve in modern day snooker.

But of course he will not say publicly he's going to drop well short of 20 frames all championship and break Davis's 1989 final victory margin record, just that he privately expects to romp the championship this way. But what's new there? Hasn't he always expected to romp it, and expected to break all records in the process.

No matter what cue he uses, the mental aspect, patience, having to vary tactics etc will inevitably come into it at various prolonged stages of the championship when he's not doing all potting and break building. Even if he was to potentially make 15 centuries with it (potentially I say if he were to go all the way) he would still have to win another 56 frames to actually win it, many of them in dogfights.

Comment

All I see from Acuerate is a company jumping on the bandwagon like a lot of others down the years and making claims, unproven I might add, that they do something that all other cues can't, in this case make the cueball travel in a dead straight line without deviation even if unintentional side spin is applied. All I can say is, what a load of b******X. Sure certain cues can throw the cueball off slightly compared to others, but as Trevor has already explained, there are many variables and reasons as to why some cues throw more than others.

What Acuerate are claiming is that their cues never throw the white off at all. Now if this were true, don't you think there would be a scientific proof of this, other than just a few diagrams and a couple of testimonials from players, some of which don't actually use them, e.g. Peter Ebdon who was so impressed with it, he still uses his 1 piece machine made Dufferin cue that his parents bought him nearly 20 years ago!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman
                                All I see from Acuerate is a company jumping on the bandwagon like a lot of others down the years and making claims, unproven I might add, that they do something that all other cues can't, in this case make the cueball travel in a dead straight line without deviation even if unintentional side spin is applied. All I can say is, what a load of b******X. Sure certain cues can throw the cueball off slightly compared to others, but as Trevor has already explained, there are many variables and reasons as to why some cues throw more than others.

What Acuerate are claiming is that their cues never throw the white off at all. Now if this were true, don't you think there would be a scientific proof of this, other than just a few diagrams and a couple of testimonials from players, some of which don't actually use them, e.g. Peter Ebdon who was so impressed with it, he still uses his 1 piece machine made Dufferin cue that his parents bought him nearly 20 years ago!
                                good post.

Comment

Working...
                                X