Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downside of insurers,not wanting to pay what your insuring for,item arriving on condition sent.

Comment

• Shame he hasn't pics of tube with the different tape on ? Might help

Comment

• Latest update. Parcelforce have offered the seller £50 to cover the broken cue.

I knew things were quiet just now, but that's an insult.

No sign of seller refunding my £150 until he gets the money from parcelforce. .

Comment

• Looks like you may lose out Bill.
          I hope not mate, really bad luck with this.
          I have a great JP limited edition 8mm tip you can have for a grand!!!lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by justf View Post
            Looks like you may lose out Bill.
            I hope not mate, really bad luck with this.
            I have a great JP limited edition 8mm tip you can have for a grand!!!lol
            Hi Justf. Glad your still getting enjoyment out of it. . Yes, I'll just need to be patient and see how it goes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• old

. and as cantonguy is looking in, maybe he'll sell me his CJ case as a way of cheering me up ?

Comment

• It's karma Bill at £150 you robbed him!
                on a serious note, they can't prove it to be antique (over 100 years), and they have to pay the amount it sold for or up to the limit of insurance he paid for.
                Trust me I'm ITK on this one, moan to anyone you can- CEO complaints are always handled promptly and diplomatically. As long as the insurance cover was appropriate he'll get paid out, persistence is all it takes.

A cue I had delivered this week arrived in a metal case (as good a fing useless) with the top half of the case completely missing and bare cue sticking out. Signed for as damaged but my mother who took delivery says it looks to be OK except for the cue tip! Be lucky if that's the case, I'll report back later...
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Old cue collector --
                Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                  Latest update. Parcelforce have offered the seller £50 to cover the broken cue.

I knew things were quiet just now, but that's an insult.

No sign of seller refunding my £150 until he gets the money from parcelforce. .
                  Parcelforce 48 has £100 insurance as standard !

Comment

• Yes and for another £1 I think it's £200.

Comment

• Dodgy info from my cue inspector, the tube was plastic... but this is how it came!

...It survived, lovely cue too.

IMG_1931.JPG
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Old cue collector --
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• miracles do happen!
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I have had an old one piece cue arrive just wrapped in brown paper, intact and very nice

Comment

• I have a Joe Davis 114 cue which has been shortened at some point, probably could do with a whole new butt made as the splices are splitting and to make back to 57".

Who could do such a job at a reasonable price?

Comment

• Our very own Andy Travis, or Jim Evans - he did one for me.
                              Old cue collector --

Comment

• Hi everyone! I am new to this forum, please pardon me if i have posted in the wrong folder. Any advice & guidance is much appreciated. Can anyone help with these cues value & history? -

1. Joe Davies 600 Century Break Cue
                                2. The Walter Lindrum (world champion cue Break 4.137)
                                3. The PEALL Record Cue (Break 3304) W.J. Peall
                                4. Joe Davis Champion (i can't make out the rest of the words on the tag because it is faded)

Comment

Working...
                                X